Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Steve Merchant "Hello Ladies"

Not sure if anyone has seen this? Watched the first three episodes, absolutely superb.

Classic Merchant

Comments

• Watched the first two . Cringeworthingly funny.
  • That part when they first head off in the limo, singing born to be wild.....followed by a 20 point turn haha. Episode 3 is a classic.
  • Missed this so far. Which channel is it on? Maybe catch up is an option.............
  • I didn't think it started till tomorrow on tv?..
  • Its on tomorrow night on sky but the first episode is already available to download on sky demand.
  • I'll be giving it a miss for the time being then, as I don't have sky.................
  • Pretty much just Smerch playing himself but still really good, didn't disappoint.
  • seen the ads for it...........what has put me off is that he's tried to re-create the famous "fall through the bar " trick from only fools & horses, but this time using a drinks machine.

Funny NOT !!
  • seen the ads for it...........what has put me off is that he's tried to re-create the famous "fall through the bar " trick from only fools & horses, but this time using a drinks machine.

Funny NOT !!

Your wrong
  • I just watched the first episode... Painfully brilliant
  • Sponsored links:

Funny NOT !!

Your wrong
    No - YOU'RE wrong
  • edited October 2013

seen the ads for it...........what has put me off is that he's tried to re-create the famous "fall through the bar " trick from only fools & horses, but this time using a drinks machine.

Funny NOT !!

Your wrong
    No - YOU'RE wrong
    You're right but he is still wrong !
  • edited October 2013
    And Your're still wrong ;-) Sorry, couldn't resist - not that it works now that you've amended it.
  • Stig said:

And Your're still wrong ;-) Sorry, couldn't resist - not that it works now that you've amended it.

I got in there quickly :)
  • Oh my, first episode is fab. It's like watching me! How comes some of you have seen more than the preview episode?
  • edited October 2013
    JohnBoyUK said:

Oh my, first episode is fab. It's like watching me! How comes some of you have seen more than the preview episode?

First three episodes are online if you know where to look/are a buccaneer. "Fab" eh? Was your wife posting on your behalf :)

• robroy said:

followed by a 20 point turn haha.

Austin Powers?
  • Downloaded the first 3 and watched the 1st last night. Decent start, definitely has promise. Its basically Darren Lamb from Extras living in LA.
  • Excellent comedy.

Always tried to watch or listen to anything which has Merchant in it, brilliantly funny guy.
  • he was sh1t in that recent movie. I give it a Year. The whole movie stunk.
  • Sponsored links:

• Copying the Del Boy bar scene was a shocker.
  • having read the build up in this thread I was disappointed with the 1st episode - I'll give it another try though
  • Now watched all 3. Its ok, nothing more. Perfectly watchable, but too many repeated themes from other stuff he has written.
  • Saw the first one last night, thought it was average but watchable.
  • next two episodes are pretty good.
  • robroy said:

next two episodes are pretty good.

Will definitely give it a go. Nothing that made me really laugh but thought it was alright. Did like the bit where he got stitched up for a massive round, been there myself a few times!

• I.swear the geezer in the wheelchair is @glasshalfempty !!
  • Episodes 2&3 are better than the 1st. Cracking stuff.

• Just seen the first one and it seems a bit like Merchant trying to become Brent. Some bits were snigger funny but some bits just made me think no one would actually do that. I wasn't a massive fan of the office and not sure I will be a massive fan of this but I will give it a few more episodes.
  • It was alright.