Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Changing from an iphone - advice needed re 'imessages'

Hi guys,

Last week my missus lost her iphone and has since signed up on a new contract and now has a Samsung galaxy. She had her existing number transferred over from Tmobile to O2.

The problem is that she is currently not receiving any text messages from any iphone users. I have an iphone myself and when I try and text its still coming up as sending an 'imessage'. Obviously I can go into my settings and turn this action off but my missus cant expect all of her contacts who have an iphone to do the same.

Does anyone have any advice, or has anyone experienced this before as it seems as if her number is still registered as an iphone for some reason? We have tried logging on to her iTunes account and deactivating her phone, but she is still not having any joy. It seems as if O2 have done their bit, and so have Tmobile.

It just seems as if Apple are punishing her for daring to leave them!

Comments

• Did she activate Find my iPhone? If so, she will be able to reset the phone by logging in remotely, this should factory reset I believe
  • No, unfortunately she lost her phone on the train and the 1st thing she did was to call up Tmobile and get it deactivated, so once we tried Find my iphone it wasn't recognised.