Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most disliked or unfunny comedians

Comments

• Options

Algarve is bang on, it's all about taste

Other than Stephen k Amos (all look at me I'm black zzz)

All about taste as i absolutely love amos. Brilliant stand up and funny as feck. Should be the first black doctor who...perfect.

al.murray...saw him 2 months ago. Total nob jockey. Yeah he might be sending himself up but he should be genocided for some of the things he says.
    'Genocided'? What the *actual* fuck?
  • Options
    Made up word. Supposed to reference mr murrays own style....which i found really repetitive and dull

sorry...guess it just wasnt funny
  • Options

Riviera said:

Most names and styles of the modern era have come on this thread apart from one as far as I can see........

Peter Kay

I've seen him live a couple of times and he's had me in stitches. He is the only modern comedian to have the ability of Cooper or Morecombe and make me laugh by just coming on stage.

Do we all love him?

Peder Kay is, like so many of these comics, someone who initially makes you think "WOW, absolute quality", but such types never stand the test of time. Same with Gervais.

Love or loathe, the only living true comic genius has to be Steve Coogan.
    I guess that's the trouble with being a comic in the digital age. Once you reach a certain standard your material will be broadcast around the world and in no time millions of people will have seen/heard your set. It must be a real tall order to come up with a completely new set every couple of years, not to mention having ad-hoc tv progs in-between. In the old days someone like Peter Kay could have earned a living playing a different northern club every night, the set could be years old and yet still fresh to the audience because they wouldn't have heard it before.
  • Options

Going to see Micky Flanagan tonight with @PL54 so will report back on just how unfunny he is....

What you think? My sides hurt from laughing so much!!
  • Options
    Stig said:

Riviera said:

Most names and styles of the modern era have come on this thread apart from one as far as I can see........

Peter Kay

I've seen him live a couple of times and he's had me in stitches. He is the only modern comedian to have the ability of Cooper or Morecombe and make me laugh by just coming on stage.

Do we all love him?

Peder Kay is, like so many of these comics, someone who initially makes you think "WOW, absolute quality", but such types never stand the test of time. Same with Gervais.

Love or loathe, the only living true comic genius has to be Steve Coogan.
    I guess that's the trouble with being a comic in the digital age. Once you reach a certain standard your material will be broadcast around the world and in no time millions of people will have seen/heard your set. It must be a real tall order to come up with a completely new set every couple of years, not to mention having ad-hoc tv progs in-between. In the old days someone like Peter Kay could have earned a living playing a different northern club every night, the set could be years old and yet still fresh to the audience because they wouldn't have heard it before.
    Great point - not forgetting of course that people can steal and "re-purpose" your stuff far easier than they used to be able to!

This is the genius of someone like Billy Connolly who can invent topics on the spot and be naturally funny, I know someone who saw him three times on his last tour to Oz and all three sets were totally different.
  • Options

I have come to the conclusion that everyone contributing to this thread is a miserable sod. Lighten up dudes - these people are trying to make your life better, if they don't, don't watch 'em.

No, they're fellating their egos & getting paid. Absolutely fair game.
  • Options
    McIntyre, Lee Evans, Jo Brand and Harry Hill.
  • Options

ooh, ooh, I just thought of another one I can't stand. Don't recall his last name. Justin ********, Bloke from Bristol who used to team up with Alan Carr.

Justin Lee Collins. His career is pretty much over now.
  • Options
    Didnt he get done for being a sex pest?
  • Options
    Saw Flanagan last night, and anyone who doesn't find that show funny is a whelk of the highest order
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I saw Justin Lee Collins up by the river near Tower Bridge late last year. He was walking along with his head down, walking briskly and talking to himself. I stopped short of calling him names as the confrontation might have ruined the missus' birthday
  • Options
    Quite a few comedians are much better doing stand up material than on tv shows to be fair. Some are just shit at both mind you!
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Quite a few comedians are much better doing stand up material than on tv shows to be fair. Some are just shit at both mind you!

Totally agree. Laughter being an infectious and social human emotion means u r always likely to find more laughs in a crowd dynamic
  • Options

Seen a lot of Henning Wehn lately and have to say he cracks me up.

Henning on Would I lie to You:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY_6324EQEY

Actually cried with laughter.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I have come to the conclusion that everyone contributing to this thread is a miserable sod. Lighten up dudes - these people are trying to make your life better, if they don't, don't watch 'em.

No, they're fellating their egos & getting paid. Absolutely fair game.
    Yes I guess you have a point there.
  • Options

Seen a lot of Henning Wehn lately and have to say he cracks me up.

I saw him in Canterbury a few months back. Verging on overdoing the one joke in an hour+ set, but it's a funny joke and he's very easy to warm to. Very funny guy.

Jimeoin remains the funniest guy I've seen on the circuit. Simon Evans is worth looking out for too.
  • Options
    Roy Hodgson

:-)
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Peter Kay

Do we all love him?

I said Peter Kay before your post! Same reasons as Valley Gary, I don't find the observational stuff funny.
  • Options
    We can't all find the same things funny. If they can make a living out of it - they must be funny to some people. I quite like Miranda Hart's humour - I think she is one of the better women comediennes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Miranda is not a comedian or even a comedienne. She does slapstick in a sitcom. Not the same thing at all.
  • Options
    Correct Bryan, but she also writes it, so she is more than just a comedic actor.
  • Options
    Chris Powell was pretty hysterical when he played Kerkar as left back last year
    ... that counts right ?
  • Options

Chris Powell was pretty hysterical when he played Kerkar as left back last year
    ... that counts right ?

I was going to say you after reading your attempt at humour on another thread.

• Options
    .... but as you didn't I elect you President of my new fan club ... congrats
  • Options
    Stewart Lee?

He's just a cultural bully from the Oxbridge Mafia who couldn't cut the mustard on a panel show.......
  • Options
    I like him, the first of the new series of Comedy Vehicle was the funniest thing I have seen in ages.
  • Options

I like him, the first of the new series of Comedy Vehicle was the funniest thing I have seen in ages.

Whoooooooooosh!

You need to watch the rest of them!

• Options
    Ah, I see... Looking forward to seeing them then! :-)
  • Options

Ah, I see... Looking forward to seeing them then! :-)

Enjoy, they are all excellent.