Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most disliked or unfunny comedians

Comments

• Options
    Jarman said:

Frankie boyle...vile little c***.
    Using over the top insults and offending people is almost as cheap as the people who consider that "humour"

Personally I found the material he did on Mock the Week to be absolutely hilarious. I saw a DVD of his stand-up though and it was pretty shit. Spent most of the time calling various members of the audience child molesters.

• Options
    Going to see Micky Flanagan tonight with @PL54 so will report back on just how unfunny he is....
  • Options

Going to see Micky Flanagan tonight with @PL54 so will report back on just how unfunny he is....

Don't be a knob

I went the other week - was OK but not brilliant. Wembley Arena is an awful venue IMO
  • Options
    Jim Bowen on Bullseye is terrible.

I don't rate Miranda at all. Sarah Silverman is not funny at all.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Gina Yashere and Lenny Henry are dire - the black/white schtick was funny and original when done by the brilliant Richard Prior all those years ago, it's not now, and they don't even do it well. Pretending to be your mum and shouting in a Nigerian/Jamaican accent (respectively) is not funny.

Phil Jupitus doesn't make me laugh, Rory McGrath is smug and horrible, and agree with Al Murray - one joke, wasn't that funny in the first place.

Oh, and this might not be a popular opinion, but I'm not a fan of Lee Evans. Seems a likeable bloke but being able to pull silly faces should get you a 20 year comedy career. My other issue with him is that he goes on and on with the same joke for ages - if you find it funny, I'm sure it builds up the humour, but if you don't, that's 20 minutes of boredom right there.

Notice no one has mentioned Ross Noble, not sure if that's becuase they like him or he's not in the public eye enough - best I've seen live by a country mile.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Don't be a knob

I went the other week - was OK but not brilliant. Wembley Arena is an awful venue IMO
    Its O2 tonight. Seen a lot of comedy there and its been hit n miss. Its just too big a venue for it.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Rizzo said:

Jarman said:

Using over the top insults and offending people is almost as cheap as the people who consider that "humour"

Personally I found the material he did on Mock the Week to be absolutely hilarious. I saw a DVD of his stand-up though and it was pretty shit. Spent most of the time calling various members of the audience child molesters.

Agree, some of his 'scenes you're unlikely to see' on MTW were superb.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

I'd agree with that. Saw Flanagan's latest tour at a small venue near Leicester square when he was just starting it out as a work in progress. Was funny but not as funny as his first tour.
  • Options
    I saw Flanagan earlier in the tour in May and I thought it was pretty funny
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

I saw Flanagan earlier in the tour in May and I thought it was pretty funny

A guy at work saw it the night before me and it sounds like we saw two different routines

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rizzo said:

Jarman said:

Some of his stuff on MTW - especially on the really sensitive stuff like on Princess Diana - was brilliant but I think since then he has not developed anything new, just keeps on with the same type of material.
  • Options
    Most names and styles of the modern era have come on this thread apart from one as far as I can see........

Peter Kay

I've seen him live a couple of times and he's had me in stitches. He is the only modern comedian to have the ability of Cooper or Morecombe and make me laugh by just coming on stage.

Do we all love him?
  • Options
    No. His Phoenix Nights stuff was quality, but his stand-up with all the 'me nan dancing at a wedding' gets old really quickly.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Jarman said:

I agree. It's like calling everyone gay, it's not funny and gets a little repetative.
  • Options
    Aussie 'comic' Brendon Burns and smug middle class bore Marcus Brigstock are two that instantly come to mind as unfunny.
  • Options

Rizzo said:

Jarman said:

I agree. It's like calling everyone gay, it's not funny and gets a little repetative.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Myff5xAZM
  • Options
    I have come to the conclusion that everyone contributing to this thread is a miserable sod. Lighten up dudes - these people are trying to make your life better, if they don't, don't watch 'em.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I saw Peter Kay at the O2, found him likable and mildly amusing. Not as funny as some kid themselves.A bit like Michael McIntyre, thoroughly harmless and see how they appeal to Daily Mail type readers so not really for me.
  • Options
    Comedians like Tim Minchin who perform comedy songs grind on me for some reason.
  • Options

I have come to the conclusion that everyone contributing to this thread is a miserable sod. Lighten up dudes - these people are trying to make your life better, if they don't, don't watch 'em.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I saw Peter Kay at the O2, found him likable and mildly amusing. Not as funny as some kid themselves.A bit like Michael McIntyre, thoroughly harmless and see how they appeal to Daily Mail type readers so not really for me.

As Derek and Clive would say...... Provocative f****r!
  • Options
    Johnny Vegas can be annoying.
  • Options
    ooh, ooh, I just thought of another one I can't stand. Don't recall his last name. Justin ********, Bloke from Bristol who used to team up with Alan Carr.
  • Options
    Lee Collins. Misogynist.
  • Options
    Good shout about Ross Noble being brilliant - I saw him at the Fairfield in Croydon (shithole) and he was absolutely fantastic
  • Options
    Seen a lot of Henning Wehn lately and have to say he cracks me up.
  • Options
    Algarve is bang on, it's all about taste

Other than Stephen k Amos (all look at me I'm black zzz)
  • Options

ooh, ooh, I just thought of another one I can't stand. Don't recall his last name. Justin ********, Bloke from Bristol who used to team up with Alan Carr.

I don't think you are going to have to worry about seeing him too much more in the future!
  • Options

Algarve is bang on, it's all about taste

Other than Stephen k Amos (all look at me I'm black zzz)

All about taste as i absolutely love amos. Brilliant stand up and funny as feck. Should be the first black doctor who...perfect.

al.murray...saw him 2 months ago. Total nob jockey. Yeah he might be sending himself up but he should be genocided for some of the things he says.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Most names and styles of the modern era have come on this thread apart from one as far as I can see........

Peter Kay

I've seen him live a couple of times and he's had me in stitches. He is the only modern comedian to have the ability of Cooper or Morecombe and make me laugh by just coming on stage.

Do we all love him?

Peder Kay is, like so many of these comics, someone who initially makes you think "WOW, absolute quality", but such types never stand the test of time. Same with Gervais.

Love or loathe, the only living true comic genius has to be Steve Coogan.