Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most disliked or unfunny comedians

Comments

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Anything/one associated with that shockingly dire 'Mrs Brown's Boys'. Although I'm not sure it counts as I wouldn't categorise it as comedy!!

It's the catchphrase comedy show that Ricky Gervais was ripping it out of in season two of Extras. Only, Extras came a few years earlier. So I can only assume someone saw the parody in Extras and thought "hell yeah, there's something in that..."
    I honestly fully believed that it was a parody of Mrs. Brown's Boys until you said that. It's basically exactly the same.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Russell Howard using his comedy show to promote really pedestrian rants, e.g. "homelessness is bad" has been getting to me lately.

Otherwise generally agree with most.
  • Options

Russell Howard using his comedy show to promote really pedestrian rants, e.g. "homelessness is bad" has been getting to me lately.

Had the misfortune to see Russell Howard live - very predictable material.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited January 2018
    iaitch said:

Stephen K Amos - black and gay.

He is funny though, as is Paul Choudry
  • Options

Had the misfortune to see Russell Howard live - very predictable material.
    He seems like a nice enough chap, I don't hate him. But if he's on my TV, I can't find the remote quick enough. That show of his... it's like he's hosting a 10-year-old's birthday party.
  • Options
    Kate Smurthwaite
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Macronate said:

He did focus predominantly on ‘race’ last night and was simply not at all funny about it.

He joins a long line of “comedians” who concentrate on one thing and it’s just not funny

Jo Brand - being female
    Patrick Kielty - being Irish
    Sarah Millican - liking cake
    Julian Clary - being gay

Jo Brand 100%. Not only is she not funny she's a Palace **** as well.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Katherine Ryan would be a good 'Would Ya?'

Not even borderline would ya, I’d throw her around like a rag doll, think she’s fit as.
    I think she's fit too but know a few who don't.
  • Options

DA9 said:

Not even borderline would ya, I’d throw her around like a rag doll, think she’s fit as.
    Are you talking about Jo Brand, if so I'm first in the queue.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Anything/one associated with that shockingly dire 'Mrs Brown's Boys'. Although I'm not sure it counts as I wouldn't categorise it as comedy!!

It's the catchphrase comedy show that Ricky Gervais was ripping it out of in season two of Extras. Only, Extras came a few years earlier. So I can only assume someone saw the parody in Extras and thought "hell yeah, there's something in that..."
    Mrs Brown(e)'s and "her" derivatives have been around since the early 1990's, long before Gervais. People Like Us and Operation Good Guys were around long before The Office too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Josh Widdecombe the ginger bumpkin, and Romesh Ranganathan
  • Options
    Jake Whitehall
  • Options
    ...or is it Jack?
  • Options
    edited January 2018

DA9 said:

Are you talking about Jo Brand, if so I'm first in the queue.
    No, was talking about Mrs Brown.

• Options
    There's a few in here.
  • Options
    I've met Michael McIntyre. Not an experience I want to repeat any time soon.
  • Options
    Still Amy Schumer
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I've met Michael McIntyre. Not an experience I want to repeat any time soon.

Blimey what did he do?

Thought Louis CK was really good but I doubt he will make any form of comeback after the news came out about his sexual mis-behaviour.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    DA9 said:

Macronate said:

He did focus predominantly on ‘race’ last night and was simply not at all funny about it.

He joins a long line of “comedians” who concentrate on one thing and it’s just not funny

Jo Brand - being female
    Patrick Kielty - being Irish
    Sarah Millican - liking cake
    Julian Clary - being gay
    Patrick Kielty / Cat Deeley. Make her laugh and she is yours forever. Can't think what else it is, batting well above his average.
  • Options
    Ben Elton. Actually walked out of his show, crudely unfunny.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Phil Jupitus
  • Options
    Noel Fielding
  • Options
    Nish Kumar on question time. At least he can pretend he was trying to be serious (actually, he hasn't been awful)
  • Options
    Mind you, if I was on a panel with Gina miller and piers Morgan, I'd come across as Jesus
  • Options
    Micky Flanagan new DVD is brilliant. The guy is brilliant.
  • Options
    Have we had whoever plays Mrs Brown?
  • Options
    Stephen K Amos I've seen as a warm up maybe 14 years ago and was very funny, saw him do a small gig in Chatham, again, very funny, saw him on tv a lot. Whatever he was trying didn't work

Michael MacIntyre annoys me, I don't find him funny at all. I get what he's trying to do but he really aggravates me. Russel Howard, this is cruel but if I listened to him as opposed to watched him, he's good. his eye distracts me too much and I know that is a fault of mine not his.

Phil Kay, Ricky Gervais, Frankie Boyle, Jim Jeffries, Frank Skinner, Jimmy Carr, Kerri Godliman, Mickey Flanagan all make me laugh

I saw the bloke who plays the lead role in I, Daniel Blake loads of times as a compere and as an act in the early 2000's and he was riotoisly funny and I'm genuinely very happy for him that he's now getting recognition

• Options
    Some ride on fashion (laugh or you're not in), some throws situational riddles (laugh or be considered intelectually unfit for this ).
    My favorite comedians just need to turn up and like in Mozart's case, it all seem so simple...
  • Options

Some ride on fashion (laugh or you're not in), some throws situational riddles (laugh or be considered intelectually unfit for this ).
    My favorite comedians just need to turn up and like in Mozart's case, it all seem so simple...

Mozart did stand up?

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Riviera said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Mrs Brown(e)'s and "her" derivatives have been around since the early 1990's, long before Gervais. People Like Us and Operation Good Guys were around long before The Office too
    Operation Good Guys was superb. Pretty much the same cast went on to do Love Honour and Obey which is a cracking film.