Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• You only live round the corner.

• if England fans aren't buying the tickets then why not
  • Thats just from Kidbrook

Spot on.
  • Please no one offend them... My mum wants her conservatory finished

Great stuff, can you give us 5,000 tickets for our next trip to the Valley then please?

Great stuff, can you give us 5,000 tickets for our next trip to the Valley then please?
    The amount of time you spend with us you must qualify for a red card soon.

Thats more then you get at home aint it?
  • edited October 2013

if England fans aren't buying the tickets then why not

Agreed, it shows how little interest there is for the national team IMO. Have Poland sold all 18k or is it just to give space to move fans with home tickets?

I may as well bite as well! You didn't sell out this season.
  • CAFCTrev said:

Thats more then you get at home aint it?
    But playing Charlton is their cup final.
  • Sponsored links:

When you sell out the initial 3k perhaps we could consider it
  • Joke decision by the FA, got no backbone whatsoever.
    But money talks....

9000 is bad enough, but i accept we have to give 10%. If there is another 9000 empty seats in the home end who really cares. No other country in Europe will get near our attendance on Tuesday, there is no shame in an 80,000 midweek crowd.
  • but I think the reasoning behind it was because at least then they can group the extra 9k together rather than having them just buying up tickets in the home areas which they surely would've done
  • Bit of a joke when you look at the attendances from the Qualifying... England clearly out in front over any other country

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_(UEFA)#Attendance

Agreed, it shows how little interest there is for the national team IMO. Have Poland sold all 18k or is it just to give space to move fans with home tickets?
    I think charging £45 for tickets has something to do with it too in terms of not selling out with England fan sales...
  • But you had to have a previous history to buy tickets for both these games, at no point did they go on general sale.
  • But you had to have a previous history to buy tickets for both these games, at no point did they go on general sale.

I think you are right, all this "good move as it stops the Poles buying in the home end" is spin, lack of English fans and more Poles wanting to go is the real reason

I think you are right, all this "good move as it stops the Poles buying in the home end" is spin, lack of English fans and more Poles wanting to go is the real reason
    Its a football cliche but for the poles over here this is their cup final, so they would be super enthusuastic about getting tickets.

For England fans though, its just another overpriced football game....

didn't realise that.....but I still don't really have a problem with it....as long as we win

• Joke decision by the FA, got no backbone whatsoever.
    But money talks....

9000 is bad enough, but i accept we have to give 10%. If there is another 9000 empty seats in the home end who really cares.

The FA will care. Why do you think we have the FA Cup semi finals at Wembley every year now. They need the money. If the FA can get another 500k in ticket sales plus whatever else in food and beer then they're obviously going to take it
  • Sponsored links:

• We will have to make sure some Poles get tickets when we play Millwall away, they can repair the toilets after we`ve gone home ;)
  • England games are at their best when there is a big away support, forces the England fans to sing, gets the ground going.

Will make for a decent atmosphere, and hopefully reduces the chances of trouble with Poles in the home end
  • Disgraceful decision again.
    Plenty of English looking for tickets today myself included (I've now sourced one though). Don't mind missing out if its sold out to Eng fans but not when it's to double the poles allocation in such a crucial game. No other Country would do that. So what if it resulted in empty seats - better that than turning it into a home game for them.
  • edited October 2013
    Spot on Folev !! Esp after the way our fans were treated in the away leg with the game being cancelled.
  • edited October 2013

But you had to have a previous history to buy tickets for both these games, at no point did they go on general sale.

But they were quite liberal with that.

Games I have been to at New Wembley have all been bought by others on my behalf so to buy the 10 I needed for this one I had to use my ancient FAN number. They accepted a booking from 2006 or so for a game at Old Trafford as my previous history.

And aside from that you only had to buy a cheap ticket for Friday's game (and go or not) to qualify to buy for Tuesday.
  • CAFCTrev said:

But you had to have a previous history to buy tickets for both these games, at no point did they go on general sale.

Its a football cliche but for the poles over here this is their cup final, so they would be super enthusuastic about getting tickets.

It's a more important game for us than them, they can't qualify!
  • edited October 2013
    I think Poland vs Russia is their cup final
  • CAFCTrev said:

It's a more important game for us than them, they can't qualify!
    Totally, Id love to go, but I dont have £45 to spend on it!
  • I think Poland vs Russia is their cup final

Poland v Germany?