Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tommy Robinson quits the EDL

Comments

• Options

E-cafc said:

Ha ha, so it`s "being on the far right" just by having an opinion that you don`t agree with?

Anyone Stephen Yaxley-Lennon is a nasty racist thug with multiple names and multiple convictions (including assaulting a police officer called to a "domestic" between him and his wife") who irony of irony is the son of immigrants from another country. He thought a picture of a mosque on facebook was an example of "creepingsharia" only it was the Taj Mahal.

Why would they have a picture of a curry house on Facebook?

i had a "creepingsharia" after eating in there ruined a perfectly good pair of jeans

Ha ha - nice one mate!
  • Options

its about to be sunk man the life boats

Why is Uboat on the horizon?
  • Options
    I agree, he's done a brave thing .. new political movements are all too often hijacked by extremists who look to violence either as an attempt to gain desired outcomes or simply because they enjoy violence for its own sake.

And by the way, the twit Ed deserves to have his name spelt correctly by all you political geniuses out there .. are you ready .. it is MILIBAND (one L) and not MILLIBAND .. I thank you
  • Options
    Don't like these new metric politicians like Miliband: prefer the old imperial ones like Foot.....
  • Options
    What "the Lefties" at Hope Not Hate make of it......

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/blog/article/3119/who-wants-to-be-leader
  • Options
    Plenty on here have generalised all EDL members as 'violent thugs' in the past. Though at the last demonstration there was over 250 UAF members arrested, many carrying weapons.

Free speech for everyone except those who we don't agree with, doesn't really go along with their democratic, love all mission statement.
  • Options
    I wonder how this leaves the Men of Eltham? Not seen nor heard of them for a while.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I wonder how this leaves the Men of Eltham? Not seen nor heard of them for a while.

Perhaps because fortunately there hasn't been widespread rioting, looting and arson on Eltham's doorstep.
  • Options

Don't like these new metric politicians like Miliband: prefer the old imperial ones like Foot.....

Brilliant moment on the Today show the other morning when John Humphrys called him Ed Milligram.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Perhaps because fortunately there hasn't been widespread rioting, looting and arson on Eltham's doorstep.
    This

• Sponsored links:

• Options

SE9 said:

Riviera said:

SE9 said:

It's a very significant move in terms of British "politics" and worth discussing, if everyone can keep it civil.

With respect CE, its not really politics as he and the EDL has nothing to do with politics in the same way other political party's do. He and the group were a 'protest street movement'.
    Other than that I agree with you.
    Of course it's politics.

Politics is not confined to the Palace of Westminster.

I get what your saying, I guess that everything that happens has something politics somewhere along the lines if not directly

Basically this. Everything is politics in some way. I hope this leads to a decrease in right-wing extremism and therefore less baiting from UKIP + Conservatives to win those votes. But its doubtful.
    Read from the master

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Politics-Oxford-Worlds-Classics/dp/0199538735/ref=sr_1_sc_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1381331668&sr=1-2-spell&keywords=arastotle+the+politics
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Riviera said:

THIS
    (Ignore username I'm in SE9)
  • Options
    ^^^^ Aristotle was also of the opinion that: 'democracy is an interesting stepping stone on the way towards totalitarianism and anarchy'
  • Options

His next step is the important one.

Only if he falls down a very deep hole.
  • Options
    Nasty self serving twat abandons other twats to seek out own career in self serving twatdom. Big news.
  • Options

Nasty self serving twat abandons other twats to seek out own career in self serving twatdom. Big news.

Nicely summed up

• Options
    Never had any time for him or the EDL, Robinson or whatever his real name is has plenty of previous of reinventing himself, he's always come across to me as an attention seeker looking for notoriety, as well as his previous links to IRA sympathising.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Never had any time for him or the EDL, Robinson or whatever his real name is has plenty of previous of reinventing himself, he's always come across to me as an attention seeker looking for notoriety, as well as his previous links to IRA sympathising.

Typical Guardian reader abuse :- )

You've got a FB message

• Options

A bit like Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness then.

• Options

DA9 said:

Typical Guardian reader abuse :- )

You've got a FB message

:-) just replied

• Sponsored links:

• Options

^^^^ Aristotle was also of the opinion that: 'democracy is an interesting stepping stone on the way towards totalitarianism and anarchy'

He was also a bugger for the bottle
  • Options
    Riviera said:

It's politics. With a capital P and a full stop.

How much is Henry paying you? :-)

• Options
    I actually find him a very interesting person to listen to. Much more articulate and intelligent in the way he conveys his point than many give him credit for.

His interviews on TV are generally spoiled by presenters with an agenda of cutting off his every word and slapping him down to make themselves look brave.

I know that won't please some on here, but oh well.
  • Options
    @cafctom - I wouldn't want to go for a beer with the bloke but kind of agree with your point.
  • Options
    Agree with cafctom. I disagree with Tommy Robinson massively in terms of politics, but I think he generally holds his own when I've seen him on TV being interviewed and isn't intimidated by the likes of Paxman. He also stands up for a version of class politics that no one on the left does, or at least no one who ever gets interviewed does.
    I'll reserve judgement on this move for now, as I'm not sure he's changed his spots, but am prepared to be proved wrong.
  • Options
    rananegra said:

Agree with cafctom. I disagree with Tommy Robinson massively in terms of politics, but I think he generally holds his own when I've seen him on TV being interviewed and isn't intimidated by the likes of Paxman. He also stands up for a version of class politics that no one on the left does, or at least no one who ever gets interviewed does.
    I'll reserve judgement on this move for now, as I'm not sure he's changed his spots, but am prepared to be proved wrong.

That's fair comment.

• Options

@cafctom - I wouldn't want to go for a beer with the bloke but kind of agree with your point.

Me too. I listened to him yesterday with Jon Snow and was surprised how well he spoke without losing his rag and putting point across.

He seems quite short tho.

• Options

He seems quite short tho.

So he won't be signing for us then?

• Options

No he wasn't
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I actually find him a very interesting person to listen to. Much more articulate and intelligent in the way he conveys his point than many give him credit for.

His interviews on TV are generally spoiled by presenters with an agenda of cutting off his every word and slapping him down to make themselves look brave.

I know that won't please some on here, but oh well.

THIS