Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tommy Robinson quits the EDL

Comments

• :D here we go
  • Fair play to him. Can't imagine what he's put his family through.

Religious extremism should be opposed no matter what the religion and shouldn't be countered with violence or something that is equally bad Makes it hypocritical.
  • Damn, that's my St George's Day plans out the window for next year.

Seriously though, whatever his motives, just seen on him on newsnight with the former jihadists, it's probably a good thing.
  • I blame them bloody eastern european trolls.
  • Croydon said:

Will be interesting to see what his next move is

DLE

Splitters ;-)
  • Maybe he will revert to using his real name, Stephen Yaxley-Lennon.
  • There's more to this story than whats being reported , nothing to do with politics
  • So why is it just Islamic extremeism he dislikes? There's all sorts of nasty extremist behaviour out there, but simply to decide to combat one sort is arguably racist. He should have watched Reggie Perrin. His brother formed a fringe group to counter fringe groups, and ended up with freaks...... just like the EDL.
  • Where does he go from here? My guess is into obscurity, as will the EDL without him at the helm.

If he really intended it only to protest against Islamic extremism and didn't intend it to be racist, that's quite subtle and would be lost on the ignorant masses who joined him in the cause.
  • So, it`s arguably racist to try to stand up to a religion(not a race) that harbours fanatical extremists who will never integrate into British society and who have an ideology that orders them to kill anyone who doesn`t agree with their extreme views.

This man has had to endure hundreds of death threats and threats to kidnap and behead his children and has been given no protection or support from the police and has been hounded by leftie twats who, when the bell tolls will also be a target for extremist Islam.

Okay, that`s arguably racist in this fucked up, politically correct, left wing shithole that we now have to live in!
  • Sponsored links:

• He wants to join UKIP but Farage said he didn't want any lefties in his party..
  • edited October 2013
    Does anyone else find it amusing that he was born to Irish immigrant parents? Harris/Lennon/Robinson was reportedly jailed in January for 10 months after trying to enter the US on a friends passport, at a time when, by pure coincidence of course, there was a right wing conference in NY on banning Islam. But the Islamophobic industry in the US found the EDL a bit of an embarrassment, so I remain highly suspicious that Lennon (and Kevin Carroll who quit at the same time) are merely trying to court acceptance within the much larger and well funded US organisations.
  • E-cafc said:

So, it`s arguably racist to try to stand up to a religion(not a race) that harbours fanatical extremists who will never integrate into British society and who have an ideology that orders them to kill anyone who doesn`t agree with their extreme views.

This man has had to endure hundreds of death threats and threats to kidnap and behead his children and has been given no protection or support from the police and has been hounded by leftie twats who, when the bell tolls will also be a target for extremist Islam.

Okay, that`s arguably racist in this fucked up, politically correct, left wing shithole that we now have to live in!

It was all going really well on this thread until this popped up. I was delighted at the reasoned non-confrontational debate going on for a change.

Troll.

• Well, just wondered how it becomes racist to try to stand up to a fanatical religious ideology? Maybe you can shed some light on it?
  • edited October 2013
    masicat said:

He wants to join UKIP but Farage said he didn't want any lefties in his party..

LOL

I just find the whole EDL / Islamic Fundamentalist debate depressing.Both groups are cancers on our society and good people should condemn any extremism from either side.

I have lived in a very multi cultural part of East London for the last seven years and have three Mosques within walking distance of my home. I have never felt threatened and have good neighbourly relations with the Moslem community and I have found them to be inclusive for example my son did work experience at a predominately Islamic firm.Most Moslems hate the extremists within their ranks as much as I detest the EDL.

I just can't take 'Tommy Robinson' seriously as Henry Irving says above will he start going by his own name now?

Seeing him on Channel Four News last night made me feel this is another publicity stunt,but lets hope he is genuine.It is disappointing that he stopped short of 'condemning' the proposed EDL march in Bradford Saturday.
  • E-cafc said:

So, it`s arguably racist to try to stand up to a religion(not a race) that harbours fanatical extremists who will never integrate into British society and who have an ideology that orders them to kill anyone who doesn`t agree with their extreme views.

It was all going really well on this thread until this popped up. I was delighted at the reasoned non-confrontational debate going on for a change.

Troll.

If that had been a "leftie" it would have been "frothing at the mouth" but as it is someone on the right it is "having an opinion". You have to laugh.

AS you say shame a good debate has been spoiled.
  • It's not like the far right have only just joined. Definitely more to this.
  • Ha ha, so it`s "being on the far right" just by having an opinion that you don`t agree with?
  • So why is it just Islamic extremeism he dislikes? There's all sorts of nasty extremist behaviour out there, but simply to decide to combat one sort is arguably racist. He should have watched Reggie Perrin. His brother formed a fringe group to counter fringe groups, and ended up with freaks...... just like the EDL.

Have you been to Luton ?
  • E-cafc said:

Ha ha, so it`s "being on the far right" just by having an opinion that you don`t agree with?

See how you added "far" to "right" yourself there.

But your reasoned argument was that Britain was a "politically correct, left wing shithole". Maybe you're like Ralph Milliband and hate Britain : - )

Anyone Stephen Yaxley-Lennon is a nasty racist thug with multiple names and multiple convictions (including assaulting a police officer called to a "domestic" between him and his wife") who irony of irony is the son of immigrants from another country. He thought a picture of a mosque on facebook was an example of "creepingsharia" only it was the Taj Mahal.

I suspect he realises that street violence has got him as far it can so copying the likes of his American friends Pam Geller and Robert Spencer he will try to make a living from TV appearances, books, lecture tours ect. He is already in the phone book of most TV and radio researchers so he might just manage it.

He is now trying to distance himself from the foot soldiers of the EDL as it doesn't suit his new image to be associated with drunks giving nazi salutes. They must be feeling a bit let down but the EDL had already fragmented while Stephen was in prison early this year for illegal immigration using a false passport.

OK, froth away, I'm out of here.
  • Sponsored links:

• E-cafc said:

Ha ha, so it`s "being on the far right" just by having an opinion that you don`t agree with?

No, it's being on the far right when your opinion is a far right one. Other people agreeing or disagreeing is irrelevant.

By the way, thanks to our membership of the EU we don't actually have to live in this 'left-wing shithole' anymore, in fact you can go and live in some far more right wing European countries if you so desire.
  • E-cafc said:

Anyone Stephen Yaxley-Lennon is a nasty racist thug with multiple names and multiple convictions (including assaulting a police officer called to a "domestic" between him and his wife") who irony of irony is the son of immigrants from another country. He thought a picture of a mosque on facebook was an example of "creepingsharia" only it was the Taj Mahal.

Why would they have a picture of a curry house on Facebook?
  • It's not like the far right have only just joined. Definitely more to this.

Henry, who added the word far? Take a look!
  • E-cafc said:

Well, just wondered how it becomes racist to try to stand up to a fanatical religious ideology? Maybe you can shed some light on it?

You also used the provocative term "left wing twats" and described what is clearly a right of centre governed country as "a left wing shit hole". That is trolling for a reaction. Which I am now going to stop doing... :-)

• E-cafc said:

i had a "creepingsharia" after eating in there ruined a perfectly good pair of jeans

• E-cafc said:

No, it's being on the far right when your opinion is a far right one. Other people agreeing or disagreeing is irrelevant.

By the way, thanks to our membership of the EU we don't actually have to live in this 'left-wing shithole' anymore, in fact you can go and live in some far more right wing European countries if you so desire.
    I don`t need people like you to tell me where to live!

• edited October 2013
    E-cafc said:

It's not like the far right have only just joined. Definitely more to this.

Henry, who added the word far? Take a look!
    Hey?
  • its about to be sunk man the life boats
  • You tell em E.............................................. (now where's that popcorn)

• E-cafc said:

i had a "creepingsharia" after eating in there ruined a perfectly good pair of jeans

Lol!