Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macheda returns to United - Every little helps

Good news. I'm hoping we can end above Donny, Barnsley & Yeovil.

Manchester United striker Federico Macheda has returned to the Premier League champions from his loan spell at Doncaster to receive treatment for a hamstring injury.

Macheda, who joined Rovers in mid-September on an initial one-month deal, is expected to be out for around three weeks.

Doncaster plan to resurrect the deal once the 22-year-old Italian is fit again.

Macheda has scored three goals in five Sky Bet Championship appearances, including four starts, for Paul Dickov's side.

Comments

• Options
    Good news indeed.

Think those three and possibly Wednesday are the ones we can realistically expect to finish above.
  • Options
    If Solly, Kermogant and Jackson come back to play in most of our games we will be above a lot more than that.
  • Options

I think it will be Barnsley ,Yeovil and one other.

The one other is between us , the Spanners,Donny,Wendies,Middlesbrough,Birmingham and somebody ( I don't know who yet)who probably looks safe at the moment but will drop like a stone in the second half of the season in a similar fashion to Wolves last year.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

The one other is between us , the Spanners,Donny,Wendies,Middlesbrough,Birmingham and somebody ( I don't know who yet)who probably looks safe at the moment but will drop like a stone in the second half of the season in a similar fashion to Wolves last year.

Birmingham will soon have new owners, new manager, and a few very good loan players in. I think we can take them out of possible relegation clubs.
  • Options
    Bolton will be down there
  • Options

They'll have a new manager before christmas so we'll see what happens but if that doesn't kickstart their season they'll be in deep, Wolves-style, trouble.

• Options
    Redrobo said:

Richard J said:

Birmingham will soon have new owners, new manager, and a few very good loan players in. I think we can take them out of possible relegation clubs.
    They've been saying that for 2 years to be fair.
  • Options
    I kept Bolton

I kept Bolton off my list because I fancy them to come good at some stage.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

I kept Bolton

I kept Bolton off my list because I fancy them to come good at some stage.
    Agreed. Too much quality to be down there for long and unlike Wolves not enough ignorant arrogant mercenaries to buck the trend.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

If Solly, Kermogant and Jackson come back to play in most of our games we will be above a lot more than that.

We were not exactly flying when they were fit!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's now re-signed with them
  • Options
    Just in time for our game on Tuesday.
  • Options
    sad to even consider that we are reliant on other club's failings
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Agree.
  • Options
    Wendies will go down. Guaranteed.
  • Options

Good news indeed.

Think those three and possibly Wednesday are the ones we can realistically expect to finish above.

And the smelly New Crossians
  • Options
    Is Macheda allowed to play on Tuesday seeing he wasnt with Doncaster at the time of the original game?
  • Options

Is Macheda allowed to play on Tuesday seeing he wasnt with Doncaster at the time of the original game?

The answer must be yes. What if a player was injured for the 1st game ? Wouldn't they be allowed to play ?
  • Options

The answer must be yes. What if a player was injured for the 1st game ? Wouldn't they be allowed to play ?
    Yet he returned to Manchester United for treatment so effectively the loan was cut short else he wouldnt be re-signing for Doncaster surely?
  • Options

Yet he returned to Manchester United for treatment so effectively the loan was cut short else he wouldnt be re-signing for Doncaster surely?
    He's a doncaster player at the time of this game, not cup tied as it's a league game... no reason he shouldn't play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He set up their first goal tonight, their win takes them above us.
  • Options

Isn't there an example in Charlton's history of a player who played for both teams in 'the same game' - that is, he played in a match for one team, match was abandoned, he was later transferred to the opponents and played in the rearranged match for them?
    I'm sure I've seen this in a matchday programme, or maybe on here.
    For some reason, I've got Port Vale in my head as the other team involved. Happy to be corrected.

• Options

Isn't there an example in Charlton's history of a player who played for both teams in 'the same game' - that is, he played in a match for one team, match was abandoned, he was later transferred to the opponents and played in the rearranged match for them?
    I'm sure I've seen this in a matchday programme, or maybe on here.
    For some reason, I've got Port Vale in my head as the other team involved. Happy to be corrected.

If you can remember the year I can check Home and Away with Charlton Athletic am sure the excellent Colin Cameron would have jumped on that
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Oakes

With the "Addicks" he became the first player to play for the opposing club in a re-arranged match. He played for Charlton in their 2–1 home win over Vale after the original fixture was abandoned on the previous Boxing Day.[3]