Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Harry Redknapp Conned

Harry has finally proved his assertion that he knows nothing about betting!

uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/redknapp-conned-fraudster-pretending-jockey-111743400.html

Perhaps the same fraudster was the one telling everyone that Harry was going to be the next Southampton Manager.

Comments

• Harry thinks were all stupid. Ian Herbert slaughters him in the Independent today.
  • Should have consulted Rosie first !!

• I think Portsmouth ended up giving Paul Merson about £5,000 a week - and Aston Villa were paying him £20,000. As soon as he walked in the dressing room, he had an effect.

He was a great player for Portsmouth. He lifted everybody. I loved him but it wasn’t always so straightforward.

One day at Millwall he came into the dressing room with a big, brown bag full of readies. ‘Would you look after this for me, gaffer?’ he asked.

‘It’s 30 grand. It’s for a bookmaker, an Irish mob. They’re after me and I’ve got to meet them after the game. Will you look after it for me until then?’

I couldn’t leave it in the changing room, but I almost always wear a suit on the touchline. That day I changed. I put a tracksuit on so there was more room to conceal these readies.

It was OK until I sprung out of my seat on the touchline. As I did, I felt something move.

As I was trying to get a message to the players I could feel Merson’s 30 grand making its way south along my trouser leg.

I looked down and the notes were coming out the bottom of my trousers.

I edged back to my seat like a bloke who needed the toilet quickly. The staff were very concerned.
    ‘Are you all right, Harry?’ I was virtually doubled up, as if in pain.

I slid into my seat and didn’t move, stuck in this awkward position in case the money moved again.
    The staff kept asking if I needed to see the doctor, and I kept telling them it was nothing, I was fine, I just needed to be left alone. I was rooted to the spot.

We ended up winning 5–0 and Merson got cheered off by the Millwall punters, he was that good.
    It wasn’t the only result he had that day. He told me afterwards that the money he owed was nearer £100,000 than £30,000 but the bookmakers had decided to cut their losses
  • Why would a bookie cut their losses on the rest of the cash owed if Merson was earning 25k a week?
  • Why would a bookie cut their losses on the rest of the cash owed if Merson was earning 25k a week?

I do hope your not trying to suggest that 'arry is making this up? ;o)

• Solidgone said:

Why would a bookie cut their losses on the rest of the cash owed if Merson was earning 25k a week?

Some have to make a judgement call. Not saying that's the case here but the adverse publicity, for allowing credit to someone who is known as addicted to gambling, might cause issues particularly in relation to a Bookmakers' licence.

• Merson probably gave 'arry the bastard his cut of the signing on fee in cash......
  • Solidgone said:

Why would a bookie cut their losses on the rest of the cash owed if Merson was earning 25k a week?

Some have to make a judgement call. Not saying that's the case here but the adverse publicity, for allowing credit to someone who is known as addicted to gambling, might cause issues particularly in relation to a Bookmakers' licence.

Not sure they sounded like the licenced sort? Otherwise wouldn't need to be cash anyway?
  • That's if it's not all bollocks anyway. Make Dave closer to the truth two posts ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone said:

Not sure they sounded like the licenced sort? Otherwise wouldn't need to be cash anyway?
    That's why I said "not saying that's the case here". Although some individuals might prefer to pay cash especially if they don't want such transactions appearing on a joint bank account for example!
  • Don't know if it's on another thread but there's a bit about Amdy Faye in his book.....

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/god-harry-done-132801156.html
  • I no like dogs.
  • Merson was superb that day and he was given a standing ovation by us lot, so that bit is true.
  • Redknapp is so full of bullxxxx as evidenced by the way Steven Gerard yesterday refuted Harry's claim that he had texted him his support for the England job. Gerard doesn't even have Harry's number and Harry has admitted he doesn't know how to text.

Why let the truth get in the way?
  • Redknapp was undermining Bonzo from the minute he walked in the door. All my family are Hammers and were well connected to the dressing room and board back then. Most of us would have had Harry out the door double quick in the circumstances but Billy is an honest and loyal man whose close friendship was abused by Redknapp until he got his way and got the job he had his sights on from the start.

My old man hates Redknapp even more than I do and he's generally accepted to have been a success at WHU.
  • Saw him on the Jonathan Ross show on Saturday. Told the story about the fan he brought on but said that he played well and scored (he didn't) Can't trust a word he says.
  • He did score?
  • Saw him on the Jonathan Ross show on Saturday. Told the story about the fan he brought on but said that he played well and scored (he didn't) Can't trust a word he says.

HR and 'the man who HR brought on' were both on The One Show this evening and they both said that he did score.
  • Sponsored links:

• You're right, i always thought he didn't score. Can't trust anything I say! (he's still a tosser though)
  • Grade A one at that.
  • He did score?

Scored but disallowed for offside. That is what I read
  • Yep. Read the last paragraph:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/sep/05/harry-redknapp-played-fan-west-ham

Can't trust a single thing Redknapp says. The man's a complete arsehole.
  • Yep. Read the last paragraph:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/sep/05/harry-redknapp-played-fan-west-ham

Can't trust a single thing Redknapp says. The man's a complete arsehole.

Good Article though, the Dani 'quote' is funny. Nice to see a mention of Matty Holmes also.

• edited October 2013

Saw him on the Jonathan Ross show on Saturday. Told the story about the fan he brought on but said that he played well and scored (he didn't) Can't trust a word he says.

Harry was on the One show last night, the same story came up, they brought the bloke who played into the show. Including photos of him playing in the game.

Still a grade A.

The thing about one of the potential jury members being called Peter Crouch is true. One if the lads at work was also called in as a potential member. Will check with him to see if he meets Harry's description of him.

Checked with the lad, Harry is stretching the truth about the jury member being 6'6" and looking like the footballer Peter Crouch.

As Billy Bonds said "He’s made it up as he’s gone along just to suit his story."