Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks place disgrace

edited October 2013 in General Charlton
Cant find the other thread.

Has anyone else got one of the bricks, What a crock of s*** they have turned out, all the gold has faded from the writing and the cafc badge it's self. I think mine is one of the worse there and there is quite a few you can just about make out what it actually says. Complete Waste of money and feel conned and let down by the club. I also brought one for my old man so that's £200 down the drain.

Comments

• Can understand why you feel that. Our cousins one looks like its faded apparently.

Seriously, make sure you complain direct and inbox Fanny to take it forward at the next Fans Forum meeting.
  • I sent them a email got no response, phoned a week later for them to tell me it will looked into but felt like she was fobbing me off on the phone an hour later coinsedently got a reply to my email saying the same what she said on the phone. I will inbox fanny cheers for the heads up.
  • Don't know when I'll get to see mine but if old TJ has been remotely involved in the scheme I shudder to think...
  • I'm genuinely saddened to read what has happened. Fanny won't let you down, but she is on holiday at the mo. She will certainly take it forward for you. The best man for the job is a woman ;-) But you won't read that on the OS!
  • You can always rely on a Fanny to make things better.
  • edited October 2013
    totally agree Nicholas
    my first visit there this season, so had a good study of it, i got one of the big ones and it is decent to be fair and not faded but the other ones are crap and they're taking the pee this early on for them to be faded you can't read some of them
    i sent an email asking where the duplicate one i ordered for home is and got blanked i've rang 4 times over 6 weeks and been totally fobbed off with bull about yeah its just being done or we're checking it etc ffs i don't know if i can be any more patient and polite because that approach clearly isn't working peetaking clowns whoever they are
    i just want honesty not bull
  • The gold rubbed off some after only a week. Disgrace is the word.
  • So this is what Steve Jones is up to these days
  • edited October 2013

totally agree Nicholas
    my first visit there this season, so had a good study of it, i got one of the big ones and it is decent to be fair and not faded but the other ones are crap and they're taking the pee this early on for them to be faded you can't read some of them
    i sent an email asking where the duplicate one i ordered for home is and got blanked i've rang 4 times over 6 weeks and been totally fobbed off with bull about yeah its just being done or we're checking it etc ffs i don't know if i can be any more patient and polite because that approach clearly isn't working peetaking clowns whoever they are

That is a pee take mate, sorry to hear that. I wouldn't mind so much if I felt they were genuinely going to do something about it, but just the way she spoke I could tell she was fobbing me off. Also I was apparently the first person to complain about the poor quality of the stones
  • yep each time i spoke i got the call back in a week or so's time if you haven't already received it , not sure who the moody firm is who it's been outsourced to but i could not believe the state of those stones just 6 games in to the season not 6 years !!
  • Sponsored links:

• yep each time i spoke i got the call back in a week or so's time if you haven't already received it , not sure who the moody firm is who it's been outsourced to but i could not believe the state of those stones just 6 games in to the season not 6 years !!

Absolutely ridiculous.

Haven't checked up on ours since the first game of the season but will make a point of taking a look on Saturday. The stones weren't cheap (in terms of price, no idea of the cost) so there is absolutely no reason for them to have faded or be anything other than pristine.

Wasn't the tag line they were sold with something like "be part of history" - hardly likely if no-one can read your name after two weeks !
  • edited October 2013
    I looked a while ago at the one I got for my dad and thought it looked faded and s*** but figured I was being overly sensitive. I think I'll complain now though seeing as it seems to be a theme!
  • Unacceptable. Can anyone show us a picture?
  • PL54 said:

You can always rely on a Fanny to make things better.

Quite so young man, quite so ;-)

• steve.bradshaw@cafc.co.uk

If people haven't got a satisfactory response before can they let me know and I will raise it when Steve Bradshaw and Ben Kensell come to Bromley Addicks on 30 October.

• You'll be able to see even less of them when they're part of the foundations of a new housing estate.
  • This is disrespectful and an utter disgrace - and the excuses and fobbing-off you have received add insult to injury. If you don't get quick and satisfactory reparation from the club, shame them by taking the matter to the local press.
  • edited October 2013

totally agree Nicholas

Same here still no dupilcate stone but only phoned four times
  • edited October 2013
    New stone? Wouldn't it be better to send a sign-writer out with a tin of gold masonry paint - or are the stones literally made like dishwasher tables?
  • Hi, Guys,

Nick has just alerted me to this problem & you're certainly correct in saying it needs sorting ASAP.

As SA stated, I'm away from home for a week from early Friday morning and up to my eyes in it at the minute, but I'll try to find a minute to email Steve Bradshaw tomorrow morning and copy in Mick Everitt who I believe was involved in the project.

I'll make it clear that there are several fans that are unhappy with the stones to my knowledge( and am guessing there may well be others who are not Lifers) and that they have asked me to bring their complaints to the notice of the Club. At the very least, someone has to take responsibility for sorting out this problem and I'm going to suggest that something is put on the OS to that effect, with details of who to contact so that all fans with issues of this nature may lodge their complaints ( and then hopefully receive a definitive response as to how the Club will take this forward)

I think that's all I can do this side of Mon 14th Oct which is the first working day after I'm back. But I'll post here tomorrow any response that I receive before I go away.

I'll also ensure that the item is added to the next FF agenda , at the very least to ask where we are on this matter & what has been done so far to resolve the issue. Again, I'll make sure I let you all know on this thread.

Hope that helps.

Jean

• Sponsored links:

• We got my dad one for his birthday and he was in the second phase. I noticed that on the first phase that all of the gold had faded from the names. When I phoned to complain to the company they said that they were already aware of the problem and they were getting a new supplier.

I stated that if the gold writing had come off after just a few days then after a few years it would be no point having the stone. Anyway I was reassured that come the second phase that all would be fixed, I've since seen the stone and can already see that some of the gold has come off.

Fingers crossed they pull their finger out as they could sell a bucket load for Xmas presents. I also think the cement round the entire block looks very shoddy.
  • Thanks Jean and thanks Henry with your offers to help very much appreciated.
  • Here you go, as you can see some have come off already. Some are a disgrace
  • Unacceptable. Can anyone show us a picture?

This was the first time I saw mine and that was Aug 6th the night of the Oxford game. I was disappointed then as it was only a week or two old, strangely enough my brother in law ordered one for himself and his dad is above mine even though we ordered at completely separate times and that looks a lot better.
    Mine is a hell of a lot worse now but didn't have enough time to take a pic as I was in a rush, will try to take one on Saturday if i get to the ground early enough.

• Me too. Thanks for the pictures.
  • paint some gold on and varnish the bloody things! Not Rocket science!
  • Just to update you all.

I have emailed Steve Bradshaw regarding the complaints posted on here & asked that he consider putting a piece on the OS indicating where the Club is in sorting this issue so that Lifers and other fans in the same position can see for themselves what's being done to address the problem.

I also suggested that a named contact be given together with their email address should there be any further contact required.

I asked for a response if possible tomorrow so that I can update you guys as soon as.
  • Well done Fanny
  • Good stuff Fanny. Cheers for your help.
  • We are all blaming the club but shouldn't the builders who installed have noticed the cheap materials ?