Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Smith - progress at Rotherham (p18)

Comments

• Options
    reserves said:

Gutted for the lad, deserved a chance, we'll never know now.

By which you mean what exactly?
  • Options
    Isn't he cup tied?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Either we're signing other strikers, Powell didn't fancy him at all, or we really needed the cash.
  • Options
    BBC Wiltshire ‏@BBCWiltshire 5m
    FOOTBALL: #stfc have signed #charlton striker Michael Smith for an undisclosed fee believed to be around £200k #swindon
  • Options
    From BBC Wiltshire:

@BBCWiltshire: FOOTBALL: #stfc have signed #charlton striker Michael Smith for an undisclosed fee believed to be around £200k #swindon
  • Options
    strange ... didn't expect that
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

strange ... didn't expect that

Must have a replacement lined up

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Well that is a surprise. Hopefully it doesn't come back to bite us.

I'd of liked him to have a bit more of a chance. Still I wish him luck.

Maybe to use the funds for Simeon Jackson?
  • Options
    200k? Think we paid 100k so a tidy little profit although there was probably a sell on clause to Darlo. I assume because of his age we would have got a development fee even though he is out of contract in the summer. Good luck to him and hope he proves a big success down there. Decent move for him.
  • Options
    Gotta have a striker coming in tomorrow, surely?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bit gutted about that. Deserved a chance ahead of some of the dross we've seen up front this season. Good luck to him!
  • Options
    That's a lot of money for a young unproven player with 6months on contract left
  • Options
    Good luck to the lad,shame he was never given a chance by us. Powell sees him in training daily so we bow to his knowledge.
  • Options
    Good move for him. Should help his development playing in a division higher. The assurance of a contract should only settle him mentally. Hopefully the club is looking else where to replace him.
  • Options
    good luck to him (except when playing against us) .. it's been obvious for ages that Powell never fancied him
  • Options
    Good luck, Michael Smith.
  • Options
    Well this reserves fellow is clearly itk...so im guessing the fee is nearer to 70k than the 200k stated by the bbc (who as many have pointed out tonight, dont let the truth get in the way of a story)
  • Options

200k? Think we paid 100k so a tidy little profit although there was probably a sell on clause to Darlo. I assume because of his age we would have got a development fee even though he is out of contract in the summer. Good luck to him and hope he proves a big success down there. Decent move for him.

Minus what ever wages we've paid him while we've been sending him out on loan.

It is, indeed, good that we got £200k for him, but it think that it is fair to say that it was more like snatching victory from defeat than a great plan when we signed him.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it was £75k. Both Swindon or Bury has fees agreed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's a blinding deal by us for £200k. Good luck to him
  • Options
    Swindon fans reckon it's more likely to be about 50k plus add ons.
  • Options
    reserves said:

Could be wrong but I was told it was £75k. Both Swindon or Bury has fees agreed.

That sounds a lot more realistic to me.
  • Options
    I'm a bit disappointed tbh, just hope we don't end up regretting this.
  • Options
    It would be an acceptable deal to me if we are freeing up funds to bring in someone like Simeon Jackson, if we end up with some 18 year old bench warmer from Liege I would be less than impressed.
  • Options
    Disappointed. This has Michael Turner written all over it.
  • Options
    Good luck Michael
  • Options
    Getting two goals in the first half of a match without the leading scorer on our books shouldn't be the cue to sell him at half time!