Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Greenwich Council leader under fire

Comments

• Options
    What a charming fellow.
  • Options
    Him & Bullock (Lewisham Mayor) are right nice people. Almost like they're Power crazy.
  • Options
    This is nothing compared to stuff he has done in the past, although I don't want to bring libel charges on myself or the forum.
  • Options
    Seems like a lovely bloke
  • Options

Him & Bullock (Lewisham Mayor) are right nice people. Almost like they're Power crazy.

Not suggesting you are wrong about Bullock in any way, but quite a few references in the 853 website suggests that Lewisham is a considerably more democratic and reasonable council than Greenwich?

• Options
    Huskaris said:

This is nothing compared to stuff he has done in the past, although I don't want to bring libel charges on myself or the forum.

So don't say anything untrue
  • Options

Huskaris said:

So don't say anything untrue
    I wasn't planning on it. I just know that the "victim" was all up for pressing charges but then declined when they were told in no uncertain terms how it would negatively effect their life if they did.

People who have done what they are accused of still sue if it can't be proved.
  • Options
    Have heard the guy is a bully who will scream and shout until he gets what he wants. Allegedly....
  • Options
    We should pay great attention to this bloke and his attitude to our club and The Valley. He spends a lot of time in the Boardroom, yet as AFKA showed us, the Valley appears to form no part of the Master Plan for the Charlton area. The first test is the result of our ACV application.
  • Options
    indeedy.

do you think these guys still bear a grudge for the "trouble" we caused in fighting to be allowed to move back to our own ground? easy to pay lip service in the Prem years when everyone wants to be associated with a bit of a good thing. never understood why CAFC, such a venerable instituion and a real beauty of a football club, is not held to be a real asset of the Borough. its almost as we are seen as not good enough for Greenwich. perhaps the councillors involved do not think that football (outside of MURDOCH`S SKY SUPA SOCCER) is trendy enough for them.

i read the plans for expansion and seems like your typical politicians pipedream. sure they might achieve half of it but as always the real community assets (those plans with little profit for private companies) will be abandoned once the pubs, clubs, yuppie pads and chain stores are finished.

whats a local councillor if he is not planning? Master Plan or something to justify an existence instead of working on mundane and boring issues like schools, health, education and welfare.

said a million times before, but take away the Valley and you take away the soul of the club. people shed blood sweat and tears to get back and its a shame that doesnt seem sacrosanct to all and sundry.

id rather watch 3rd division football in the Valley than the champions league final in the Pennisula NandosDome.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    853 - the blogger that brought down Greenwich council.

Fascinating stuff.
  • Options
    peter cordwell used to coach my bexley league team for about 18 months,

thoroughly decent guy. well done for your work on this peter
  • Options
    "Roberts left a voicemail message for one of his cabinet"

Phone hacking???!!!
  • Options
    Always treat with suspicion any politician who shows contempt for Freedom of Information.
  • Options

indeedy.

do you think these guys still bear a grudge for the "trouble" we caused in fighting to be allowed to move back to our own ground? easy to pay lip service in the Prem years when everyone wants to be associated with a bit of a good thing. never understood why CAFC, such a venerable instituion and a real beauty of a football club, is not held to be a real asset of the Borough. its almost as we are seen as not good enough for Greenwich. perhaps the councillors involved do not think that football (outside of MURDOCH`S SKY SUPA SOCCER) is trendy enough for them.

i read the plans for expansion and seems like your typical politicians pipedream. sure they might achieve half of it but as always the real community assets (those plans with little profit for private companies) will be abandoned once the pubs, clubs, yuppie pads and chain stores are finished.

whats a local councillor if he is not planning? Master Plan or something to justify an existence instead of working on mundane and boring issues like schools, health, education and welfare.

said a million times before, but take away the Valley and you take away the soul of the club. people shed blood sweat and tears to get back and its a shame that doesnt seem sacrosanct to all and sundry.

id rather watch 3rd division football in the Valley than the champions league final in the Pennisula NandosDome.

This in a nutshell
  • Options
    Oh dear. What can he say. there on tape for all to hear.

I read the comment under the original article where someone said he threw keys at a cleaner cos they disturbed him. Nice guy.

• Options
    I believe Prague was sitting with the leader on Tuesday night. Perhaps he came across better in person?
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Prague (centre row, left) with Richard Murray, Martin Prothero and Michael Slater at Tuesday's game. Chris Roberts is seated behind and between Prague and Murray.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I knew Chris Roberts in another incarnation when he worked for the GMB Trade Union around 20 years ago. I won't tell of other tales I know from those times because I would not want to get admin into trouble but just to say that this story does not surprise me.In football supporting terms I seem to remember him as an Everton fan.
  • Options

Prague (centre row, left) with Richard Murray, Martin Prothero and Michael Slater at Tuesday's game. Chris Roberts is seated behind and between Prague and Murray.

odd thing to post

• Options
    "The matter is subject to the internal processes of the Labour Group. On that basis I have been strongly advised that it would be inappropriate for me to comment."

interesting. how do i say this correctly with no risk to this site...mmm lets say i would usually expect the Party to advise full disclosure of any evidence to counter such type of allegations and in the absence of such then no comment would be a usual answer.
  • Options
    OK, it's a fair cop. I am leading a consortium of shady Czech former money changers and secret policemen to take over the club. We will sell the Valley, and move in with Ebbsfleet. We will become a feeder club for Viktoria Plzen, whose games we will broadcast on a big screen at Ebbsfleet. One consolation for you plebs is that the pitch at Ebbsfleet is always in first class condition.
  • Options
    I knew it!!!!!
  • Options

OK, it's a fair cop. I am leading a consortium of shady Czech former money changers and secret policemen to take over the club. We will sell the Valley, and move in with Ebbsfleet. We will become a feeder club for Viktoria Plzen, whose games we will broadcast on a big screen at Ebbsfleet. One consolation for you plebs is that the pitch at Ebbsfleet is always in first class condition.

Are you paying the full £40m that Salter and TJ reckon the club is worth?? ;o)
  • Options
    however much it is don't look like AB agrees with it from his posts above
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Yes. Eventually. We will borrow against sales of future season tickets, since all you mugs customers will shell out to go to the peninsula. My Czech friends tell me that a cargo of rubber is due to arrive soon at the Czech free port in Hamburg, and this will pay for the rest.

Cllr Roberts will join the Board, and will enjoy a lifetime free pass to the dining room.

A new position of Fans Consultant will be created to assist Chris Powell in spotting issues which he has previously been blind to. This post will be filled by Colin Sams (aka Bexleyboy and other handles).

All digital communications will be handled by experts from the Czech intelligence services. Rest assured that your personal details are secure with us, and we will not tell anyone else where you live.

Voice of the Peninsula will continue as an independent publication, subject only to scrutiny by our Head of Corporate Communications.

I am confident that the future of Ebbsfleet Addicks is very bright.

• Options

Yes. Eventually. We will borrow against sales of future season tickets, since all you mugs customers will shell out to go to the peninsula. My Czech friends tell me that a cargo of rubber is due to arrive soon at the Czech free port in Hamburg, and this will pay for the rest.

Cllr Roberts will join the Board, and will enjoy a lifetime free pass to the dining room.

A new position of Fans Consultant will be created to assist Chris Powell in spotting issues which he has previously been blind to. This post will be filled by Colin Sams (aka Bexleyboy and other handles).

All digital communications will be handled by experts from the Czech intelligence services. Rest assured that your personal details are secure with us, and we will not tell anyone else where you live.

Voice of the Peninsula will continue as an independent publication, subject only to scrutiny by our Head of Corporate Communications.

Well you clearly have a business plan and have thoroughly thought things through. May I suggest you employ Jonathan Ackworth as an advisor to the management team on who and who they shouldn't sign.

Good Luck with your new venture!
  • Options
    Thank you,

Well you clearly have a business plan and have thoroughly thought things through. May I suggest you employ Jonathan Ackworth as an advisor to the management team on who and who they shouldn't sign.

Good Luck with your new venture!
    Thank you Brendan for your thoughtful suggestion. I will send you a voucher for a cut price prawn sandwich.