Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2017

At ebbsfleet. Scoreline flattered doncaster. Crazy minute on ht cost them badly.

Yep, that sums it up. They played well first half and, although lucky to go two up, made a mess of it by letting in two soft goals in the dying minutes of the first half. In the second half, Doncaster were the better team but not four goals better. I can’t remember many saved shots or chances that didn’t result in goals.
  • Options
    Good game up here Rushden 2 Moneyfields 2, Mfc very good but diamonds gave them a right old scare playing 3 at the back and a kind of high press, 507 cold but boisterous locals.
  • Options
    Looked very solid at St Albans today.
    Played a solid 4-5-1 with Goldburg up front on his own.
    The player/manager Coyle and midfielder Healy, deserve a special mention.
    3/1 for the win and 12/1 for 2-1 made it a very happy day.
    Real ale stall set up on the terrace added to the flavour.
    Onwards and upwards.
    COYW
  • Options

Looked very solid at St Albans today.
    Played a solid 4-5-1 with Goldburg up front on his own.
    The player/manager Coyle and midfielder Healy, deserve a special mention.
    3/1 for the win and 12/1 for 2-1 made it a very happy day.
    Real ale stall set up on the terrace added to the flavour.
    Onwards and upwards.
    COYW

Nearly went today but couldn't persuade my daughter (my wife is away for the weekend)
  • Options
    See you next week?
  • Options
    No mate we're away.
  • Options
    Quite a jet set lifestyle you live Mr Mehmet :-)
    Oh how the other half live.
  • Options

Quite a jet set lifestyle you live Mr Mehmet :-)
    Oh how the other half live.

Yes mate, privileged class. Living the dream, I'm off to Birmingham.
  • Options
    I was at St Albans today to see Welling get a deserved win, Good result for Welling after losing at home to Wealdstone,
    Welling played some nice football by moving the ball quickly and also made good use of the wingers.
    Welling goalie also played well.
    Wasn't expecting 5 minutes added time.
    As mentioned the cask of real ale was very popular.
    Good support for the wings.
  • Options
    Went Sittingbourne v Phoenix today , Sittingbourne 2nd in the league and last minute winner fuckin brilliant , bought on a 16 year old boy same age as my son with 10 mins to go , turned centre half inside and out and slotted it home, I know AFKA says how do you celebrate or get involved in another team, but when you make good friends fuck me it’s sweet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A couple of questions for any Ebbsfleet goers, I can't see any info on their site or Twitter...

Am I correct in thinking the game against Leyton Orient on Saturday will be all-ticket, and where is the ticket office at the ground? I haven't been since they built the new stand and hope to drop by one lunchtime this week.

Thank you.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

A couple of questions for any Ebbsfleet goers, I can't see any info on their site or Twitter...

Am I correct in thinking the game against Leyton Orient on Saturday will be all-ticket, and where is the ticket office at the ground? I haven't been since they built the new stand and hope to drop by one lunchtime this week.

Thank you.

I'm not sure whether it's all ticket or not, but ticket office is through the gates, then follow it round past the club bar & away travel hut. main office is just there next to the players tunnel
  • Options

At ebbsfleet. Scoreline flattered doncaster. Crazy minute on ht cost them badly.

Did you attend the match at the Valley against Doncaster? - If so did they look any better today?
    Yes attended the match at the valley,Not really....was a gloss on fleets performance then when fitness levels told and Bush got sent off.. Can I say ref was excellent on Saturday.
  • Options

RedPanda said:

Thank you.

I'm not sure whether it's all ticket or not, but ticket office is through the gates, then follow it round past the club bar & away travel hut. main office is just there next to the players tunnel
    Its not all ticket, surprised at Saturdays attendance, less than the home game against Maidstone in August.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Thank you.

Its a 17.30 kick off also for TV.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited November 2017
    Only all ticket for O's fans - Walk up will be fine - 17:30 kick off though as it's live on BT

Welling at home to Concord - 15:00 kick off

(Bromley and Dartford both away, the latter in Cornwall)

Further afield - Dover, Margate and Folkestone all at home

@Chippycafc Doncaster only sold 326 tickets whereas Maidstone took their full allocation - the game in Maidstone will be rearranged as they will be in FA Cup action.

• Options
    BDL said:

Only all ticket for O's fans - Walk up will be fine - 17:30 kick off though as it's live on BT

Welling at home to Concord - 15:00 kick off

(Bromley and Dartford both away, the latter in Cornwall)

Further afield - Dover, Margate and Folkestone all at home

@Chippycafc Doncaster only sold 326 tickets whereas Maidstone took their full allocation - the game in Maidstone will be rearranged as they will be in FA Cup action.

They were very quiet also.
  • Options
    Off to watch Erith v Windsor
  • Options
    I went to Boreham Wood v Hartlepool match yesterday, very poor game ended 0-0, Boreham Wood missed a penalty early in 2nd half, saved by keeper Scott Loach.
    The attendance was 723 including 283 Pools fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BDL said:

Thanks, I thought the attendance would be closer to 3000 than 2000. Orient were really bad, they need to sort themselves out before they do a York. Good to see Ebbsfleet only a couple of points off the playoffs and so many Kent clubs going well.

• Options
    I went to Boreham Wood v Hartlepool match yesterday, very poor game ended 0-0, Boreham Wood missed a penalty early
    in the 2nd Half,saved by keeper Scott Loach.
    Attendance 773 including 283 pools fans.
  • Options
    I went to Royston Town v Leatherhead yesterday for a Buildbase FA Trophy 2nd Qualifying game which ended 3-2 to Royston.

Leatherhead went in at halftime 2-1. Shortly After the break Royston made it 2-2 then Royston had a player sent off, in the last few minutes of time added on Royston won it from a free kick just outside the Leatherhead box, good entertaining game watched by a crowd of 219.
  • Options
    Went to Hartley Wintney v Gosport Borough. Wanted to go to Ebbsfleet but a family issue at lunchtime prevented that. Hartley won 3-0. Rowan Vine now plays for Hartley. A couple of seasons ago Gosport were F A. Trophy finalists, their fall has been horrific.

Watched the Ebbsfleet game in the club afterwards, why do they always concede late goals and leave us hanging on.
  • Options
    Badger said:

Off to watch Erith v Windsor

Gave the above game a miss, traffic incident in the Crayford area. Instead i went to watch Bridon Ropes beat Erith & Belvedere 5-2.
  • Options
    Apologies for the Daily Mail link yet they've done a not bad article on Non-League players attempting to come through

Seeing that Blair Newton came through the Jamie Vardy scheme in the summer (He joined Stevenage and has done quite well since) its interesting to see a local lad on there in Luke Coulson of Ebbsfleet, for those who've been down to Stonebridge Road this season is he someone Charlton could look at or is this list the sort that Jon Acworth would be putting together.
  • Options

Apologies for the Daily Mail link yet they've done a not bad article on Non-League players attempting to come through

Seeing that Blair Newton came through the Jamie Vardy scheme in the summer (He joined Stevenage and has done quite well since) its interesting to see a local lad on there in Luke Coulson of Ebbsfleet, for those who've been down to Stonebridge Road this season is he someone Charlton could look at or is this list the sort that Jon Acworth would be putting together.

Don't think Luke has the ability yet for league 1 level, what I have seen of him this season, he drifts in and out of games. But when he's at it he is very good.
  • Options
    Is the Dorking winger Briggs, the bloke we were allegedly after last January?
  • Options
    Derby day up here, Rushden v Kettering , gonna be lively.
  • Options
    Went to Hendon v Grays last night. There was a Charlton scout in attendance (or at least a fella wearing Charlton training kit, carrying a notebook entitled "Coaches Notebook")

I have no idea who he was watching (possibly Nico Muir, centre-forward for Hendon....got 19 goals already and Wolves have watched him twice) but his eye must surely have been caught by Zak Joseph of Hendon. Plays off either wing and has made the step up to Bostik Premier this season with ease. Last night, he scored a 16 min hat-trick and provided a perfect cross for a headed goal.

I watch Hendon a lot and this boy has been so impressive. Energy, masses of skill, creates and scores goals (9 in 21 games so far). He's been very consistent and I'd be very tempted to take a punt (he'd cost peanuts). We've had a few Academy lads in the past from the likes of QPR, Barnet etc but none of them remotely touch this lad for the whole package.

PS: He's the son of Francis Joseph....former Brentford striker/hero.