Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    I went to Solihull Moors v Hartlepool , very poor 1st half but much better game in 2nd half Hartlepool took the lead in the 1st minute of the 2nd half,Solihull equalised with a soft penalty in the 90th minute & then Hartlepool scored the winner in injury time.Former Charlton player Jack Munns came on at half-time for Hartlepool & played a part in both Hartlepool goals.
    Crowd was 2,658 with 339 from Hartlepool. A record crowd for Solihull.
  • Options

Was going to go to slimbridhe v Hartley wintney but as mentioned went to woking instead. Train journey to Slimbridge was 3 hours from Basingstoke.

I did Slimbridge a few years ago as a Merthyr Town away game in the FA Vase on the coach from Merthyr!
  • Options

Just got back from PVR, thoroughly enjoyable afternoon and thought some of Wellings football was excellent.

Also met a Charlton supporter called John Power (I think) who'd traveled from Cambridge not realising the game at the Valley was off so went to Welling instead.

I bumped into a group of German addicks who had booked flights and hotels for the Peterborough game. They went to welling instead, hope they had a good day.
    Yes, we enjoyed the Welling game and after that curry and the White Swan. CL members should be made to wear buttons with their nicknames.:smile::wink:
  • Options

McBobbin said:

Chelmsford came back from 2 down to win 5-2

is Danny Green playing for Chelmsford now?
    Yes he is. Never would have guessed he had played at a higher level let alone the championship.
  • Options

msomerton said:

I went to maidenhead v Aldershot, it was good value at £10 for a 3-3 thriller, Maidenhead behind twice and then conceded equalizer in time added on.
    Crowd 2,400.

Toss up between that and woking, I found out there was going to be lots of police there and horses and all that crap, so went to woking instead.
    Yes there were a lot of police, but the usual over reaction, the home and away fans had the usual insulting banter as you would find at any game, and a couple of smoke bombs, one thing I did get to see Alan Devonshire Maidenheads manager, always liked him as a player though of course mainly watched him on tv highlites.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

msomerton said:

I went to maidenhead v Aldershot, it was good value at £10 for a 3-3 thriller, Maidenhead behind twice and then conceded equalizer in time added on.
    Crowd 2,400.

Toss up between that and woking, I found out there was going to be lots of police there and horses and all that crap, so went to woking instead.
    Can't be proper Charlton then.
    Maidenhead iis a train spotters dream
  • Options

msomerton said:

Crowd 2,400.

Can't be proper Charlton then.
    Maidenhead iis a train spotters dream
    Is it, usually go through trhat station.
  • Options
    Welling now 7th ... heady heights.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Welling now 7th ... heady heights.

Funnily enough they're in the Play-Offs now!!
  • Options
    With two key players missing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    6 wins on the bounce now for Welling in conditions rarely seen.
    When a goalkeeper takes a goal kick and it goes out for a corner, you know it's windy.
  • Options
    Dulwich Hamlet won 3-2 yesterday in front of near 2000 attendance.
  • Options
    Decent win for Phoenix beat Ramsgate 4-0, with a goal from Christie Pattinson back on loan from Welling.
  • Options

Decent win for Phoenix beat Ramsgate 4-0, with a goal from Christie Pattinson back on loan from Welling.

Went to Phoenix for the first time during the week, nice bunch down there. Manager is a top fella. We borrowed Ryan Andrews for our vase match, top lad too.
  • Options
    Faversham Town came from 1-0 down to beat VCD Athletic yesterday at Salters Lane. 2 wins in a week and slowly moving up the table.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Went to Phoenix for the first time during the week, nice bunch down there. Manager is a top fella. We borrowed Ryan Andrews for our vase match, top lad too.
    Yer Ryan came back down the club after the game, was chatting to him, Good win in the Vase for your boys.

• Options

Yer Ryan came back down the club after the game, was chatting to him, Good win in the Vase for your boys.

Yes, we played some decent football 2nd half, was well pleased. Really nice fella Ryan.

We have Windsor in the next round (Barry Hayles playing for em ) on Sunday 12/11 at VCD.
  • Options
    AFC Rushden Diamonds v Barton rovers for me tonight at hayden rd, local derby all police leave cancelled.
  • Options
    I thought R&D went bust?
  • Options

I thought R&D went bust?

They did... AFC Rushden & Diamonds were the club that formed out of them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At ebbsfleet..0-0 ht. Dross, torquay have been the better side.
  • Options

Yes, we played some decent football 2nd half, was well pleased. Really nice fella Ryan.

We have Windsor in the next round (Barry Hayles playing for em ) on Sunday 12/11 at VCD.
    Barry Hayles is coach at Windsor, and is still playing and scoring at age 45. Coincidentally, he had three spells at Truro City.

• Options

Barry Hayles is coach at Windsor, and is still playing and scoring at age 45. Coincidentally, he had three spells at Truro City.

Saw Barry Hayles last season when he was playing for Chesham United in a game against Banbury United, Darren Purse was Captain for Chesham. Chesham lost 4-0
  • Options

Fleet were very poor tonight
  • Options

Have just got back from watching Windsor. Even at 45, Hayles is still capable. Knows every trick in the book.
  • Options

Fleet were very poor tonight
    Was garbage mate, they weren't much better but scored a peach of a goal. They didn't win one header or second ball all night.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    seth plum said:

Dulwich Hamlet won 3-2 yesterday in front of near 2000 attendance.

And last night. Despite being in Prague, i followed their 4-0 away victory to put them top of the league. All is positive on the field although Billericay have 4 games in hand and are breathing down Hamlets neck. Off field the ground is under threat from redevelopment by Southwark council, expect a strong campaign by Hamlet for the preservation of the club.
  • Options
    Really pleased to see Dover doing so well , always good to see another Kent side on the verge of the leage .
  • Options
    Noted Orient on the Slide and looking like heading into National League South, and people wonder why fans worry about a change of owner at clubs, look what that Italian has done to Orient.
  • Options
    R&D did go bust when Max Griggs pulled out after about a twenty million spend, currently playing at hayden Rd but planning for the future hence the afc added to the name, financially sound and on the way up, slowly. Won 5-0 last night att. About 400.