Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• LouisMend said:

Bromley just beat Leyton Orient 6-1. (Six).

What a performance it was too. Bromley have 8 points from their first 4 games from what's been a very tough start. Another tough fixture on Saturday against Hartlepool.
    Something still really weird about seeing Orient and Hartlepool in the National League, but looking at the table there are loads of former League teams there, and well known ones too
    If you do not return to league 2 within two years it almost certainly leads to a prolonged spell out of the professional circuit.

The conference will be very interesting this year.
    Yes, the cup runs by the likes of Lincoln and Sutton show the quality in the National. Still find it shocking to see Tranmere in the National League, and for a third season now, when I think of how good they were in the 90s, just missing out on promotion to the PL.
  • Good win though Dev. As Rochester were supposed to be assembling a decent squad this season. Whyteleafe are decent beat VCD last night.

Big ask v Whyteleafe, decent side and on their 3G too, but we'll always have a go.
  • LouisMend said:

What a performance it was too. Bromley have 8 points from their first 4 games from what's been a very tough start. Another tough fixture on Saturday against Hartlepool.
    Something still really weird about seeing Orient and Hartlepool in the National League, but looking at the table there are loads of former League teams there, and well known ones too
    If you do not return to league 2 within two years it almost certainly leads to a prolonged spell out of the professional circuit.

Lincoln are a perfect example of a side that seriously struggled to return to the Football League and as already mentioned its crazy the amount of ex-League sides that are in the National League North at present.

No doubt you've also got a few like Hereford who are even struggling to get back to that level
  • Good win though Dev. As Rochester were supposed to be assembling a decent squad this season. Whyteleafe are decent beat VCD last night.

Big ask v Whyteleafe, decent side and on their 3G too, but we'll always have a go.
    Woody's old man should be able to give him the lowdown on them, he is physio at VCD
  • LouisMend said:

Lincoln are a perfect example of a side that seriously struggled to return to the Football League and as already mentioned its crazy the amount of ex-League sides that are in the National League North at present.

No doubt you've also got a few like Hereford who are even struggling to get back to that level
    Could it happen to us if these clowns were with us for another five years?
  • Last season, Stockports attendances averaged 3,500 with a season high of just under 6k. Incredible really when you think how long they have been out of the league and how poorly they have performed in the national north. Agree with the other posters who said you have to get straight back up or you are stuffed.
  • I'm not going to bore you with talking up Bromley again, but if we're not watching Josh Rees our scouts need firing.

A huge statement, but In my opinion, better than kashi with goals in his locker. 23 and ex Arsenal and Nott Forest academy. Would probably cost £100-150k and rumoured to be on £750 per week. He is a physical presence and covers every blade of glass. Absolute class act and imo the key reason Bromley find themselves 2nd.
  • Chelmsford make up for a poor defeat to league leaders St Albans on Monday with a 2-0 away victory over Wealdstone. Chris Dickson scored the first
  • Massive congratulations to Erith Town beating Whyteleafe on pens in FA Cup, giant killing. Good young Manager there Adam Woodward
  • Cheers Steve, absolutely superb night. Whyteleafe are Palace too...
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice little ground Whyteleafe.
  • Nice little ground Whyteleafe.

Prefer a bit more nasty.....
  • I'm not going to bore you with talking up Bromley again, but if we're not watching Josh Rees our scouts need firing.

A huge statement, but In my opinion, better than kashi with goals in his locker. 23 and ex Arsenal and Nott Forest academy. Would probably cost £100-150k and rumoured to be on £750 per week. He is a physical presence and covers every blade of glass. Absolute class act and imo the key reason Bromley find themselves 2nd.

Was at Chelmsford last year and didn't even think he was the better of the midfield pair. Chelmsford were also considerably weaker in the centre of midfield than anywhere else on the park.

Goes to show that the right move or the right manager can change a player.
  • That was a cracking result Dev
  • Any recommendations for games tomorrow?
  • Welling are at home to Hampton & Richmond on Monday.
  • Brothers fit should be on bench at Sutton for Maidstone tomorrow
  • Found this for Monday, special rate if £4 for Charlton fans-
    https://fcpianoman.wordpress.com/2017/08/24/mvp-tough-bank-holiday-fixture/

Still looking for something for tomorrow, preferably within the m25, but not Dagenham v Bromley or Orient. Can't find anything online so far.

You going? I will be over there for that one.
    What do you make of Lewington signing for Dover?

You going? I will be over there for that one.
    What do you make of Lewington signing for Dover?
    Yes mate, I'll be there. Strange one with Lewington, not sure what to make of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fleet at home to Gateshead on Sat.
  • Erith Town have local rivals Glebe tonight at VCD. Long week, need a pint.
  • edited August 2017
    Found this site. All games listed for all tiers each weekend. http://www.tlfg.uk/?m=1
    Looks like Erith and Belvedere v fisher as the most local Saturday option for me.
  • BDL said:

Fleet at home to Gateshead on Sat.

I will be there
  • Couple of non league sites wort a visit, The Ball is Square & www.andy of kent, both provide fixtures as well as a guide on how to get to grounds.

I Shall Be Going To Herne Bay v Chipstead on Saturday.
  • Badger said:

Couple of non league sites wort a visit, The Ball is Square & www.andy of kent, both provide fixtures as well as a guide on how to get to grounds.

I Shall Be Going To Herne Bay v Chipstead on Saturday.

AndyofKent is fantastic.

The times that I have used it he is always spot on.
  • Sutton statement on 3g pitches ... Bromley content https://www.suttonunited.net/3g-statem
  • Kap10 said:

Sutton statement on 3g pitches ... Bromley content https://www.suttonunited.net/3g-statem

Didnt realise that Sutton and Bromley had joined Maidstone in getting a 3G Pitch.

That Double Relegation rule seems stupid as well, surely if Sutton dont want to rip up their 3G pitch at the risk of just one season in League Two they should be denied promotion with the sole promoted team being the winner of the Play-Offs (23rd in League Two doesnt get relegated)... Of course if the Play-Off winners are Maidstone / Bromley then they dont go up either (meaning 24th in League Two arent relegated either).
  • Posting without reading - apologies if already mentioned. The BBC will be streaming the First Qualifying Round of the FA Cup - Billericay vs Didcot. (Presumably on iPlayer). At 12:30 next Saturday. BBC site says Chris Powell will be a pundit.
  • Big 7-1 win for Sheppey against Chatham today.

Also first 3 points of the season for Greenwich Borough overseas to Guensey .