Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    BDL said:

Where's Chippy when you need him?

One nil up and you f*cked it up.......
    One nil up and you f*cked it up.......

;-)

Just got in from the game been in the pub with a few maidenhead fans, they look shocked... Very tense affair as you can imagine.... Shitfleet just about deserved it.
  • Options
    Watched Faversham Town vs Cray Wanderers today. A certain Danny Haynes lined up for Cray.

First half, he scored a great goal after turning in the box to put Cray 1-0 up. He then had an excellent chance to put the game to bed when they got a penalty. Unfortunately for him, he missed and when he went for the follow up, the ref deemed that he dived when the goalkeeper collected the ball and was looking for another penalty. Yellow card for diving.

Didn't really impress much afterwards and his afternoon went from bad to worse after being shown a straight red for something he said to the assistant referee in the 2nd half.

Find it very strange his tumble down the leagues but no evidence today that he should be higher. Quite sad really as I rated him at Charlton.

Game finished 2-2 by the way. Attendance 220.
  • Options
    Went to Woking v York today. £18 to get in but it was an entertaining 1-1 and there were some funny (chavvy) people in the crowd. Nice town as well and great weather for it. Would be less enjoyable in January, mind.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Went to Woking v York today. £18 to get in but it was an entertaining 1-1 and there were some funny (chavvy) people in the crowd. Nice town as well and great weather for it. Would be less enjoyable in January, mind.

Funny i looked at that.. Went there last season when they played and beat lincoln... We were away to Brighton that day and just couldn't face going.
  • Options
    Just in from seeing Whitehawk beat Poole Town 2-0. The win secures Whitehawk's place in the Conference South. Poole looked a poor side for a team in the play off spots, although I believe Poole may be barred from promotion due to amount of seating in their ground.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

18 quid !!! bloody hell - I hope to non league doesn't go the way of league football - that's nuts
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

You can sit down for that though
  • Options
    Saw Chelmsford Vs Bath. 3-1 after Bath went ahead
    Chelmsford dodgy at the back (good keeper though) and better up front. Bossed the second half. Not pretty, but got some pace and power
  • Options

RedPanda said:

18 quid !!! bloody hell - I hope to non league doesn't go the way of league football - that's nuts
    So few people attend these days though they have to charge it... i.e. they could probably make it £10 and attendances still wouldnt rise by much so they're forced to up the prices to survive
  • Options

RedPanda said:

So few people attend these days though they have to charge it... i.e. they could probably make it £10 and attendances still wouldnt rise by much so they're forced to up the prices to survive
    Fair comment and I know you are right deep down - but in my utopia, the corporate twats, who only know the price of everthing and the value of nothing, wouldn't get their tentacles down to 'sport'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RedPanda said:

Elasticity of demand. Each club should know their threshold as to what they can charge to maximise revenue. Small margins can make a big difference ; e.g. i may think Welling at £11 is a little steep for me but I'd pay £9 and therefore probably go more often.

I hear Bromley is £15, and think that is too high. £18 is ridiculous. £20s the most I'd pay at any level.
  • Options
    Last time I went to Maidenhead with Idle Jr it was £20 for us both to get in. It would have been cheaper at the Valley.

Saw them lose 3-1 to Concord, who included an anonymous Matt Spring in their team.

Nice pie though, and good to be able to have a pint and watch the game at the same time.

Since then theyve changed manager and are no longer the struggling team they had been for years.

Oh, and in my opinion Maidenhead is not half as nice as it thinks it is. The town centre is just like all the others. But the surrounding villages, including mine, are indeed lovely.

• Options
    Kingstonian v Havant & Watrelooville today, ended 0-0 but for a tenner i got to see a reasonable game, some fireworks, 3 smokebombs, and a pitch invasion as Havant won Promotion. Crowd of about 500/600 and some great songs and banter between both sets of fans who were both on the terrace behind the goal.
    Kingstonian will ground share with Leatherhead next season.
  • Options
    Went to Sevenoaks v Fisher.

2-0 to the home team and Fisher were relegated.

Nice ground. Played there about 30 years ago when it was just a park. A very dry bumpy pitch made it difficult for both teams to play any football.
  • Options
    Sutton 5-2 Chester....some cracking goals including a screamer from a lad called Nicky Bailey
  • Options
    Crazy that Ebbsfleet will likely get 96 points and possibly 100 goals and they won't go up automatically. Maidenhead will almost certainly beat Margate who are useless.
  • Options
    Badger said:

Kingstonian v Havant & Watrelooville today, ended 0-0 but for a tenner i got to see a reasonable game, some fireworks, 3 smokebombs, and a pitch invasion as Havant won Promotion. Crowd of about 500/600 and some great songs and banter between both sets of fans who were both on the terrace behind the goal.

Your crowd at Kingstonian yesterday was a very healthy 1,205.

Hendon is my team and we had a very odd day. Well in the relegation mix at kick off time....except everyone kicked off and we didn't. A couple of the officials were caught in bad traffic on the North Circular so we kicked off about an hour late!

Just before the start of our second half, Burgess Hill scored a last kick winner in their game, which meant we needed a draw.....but we were already losing 0-1.

Luckily we equalised shortly after the break and held on, thus keeping up our record of never having been relegated (albeit we did escape a few years ago on a technicality.....we were down but got reinstated at the expense of Canvey Island).

In the last 10 games a run of 22 points from the last 30 has seen Hendon stay up by 1 point.

• Options
    Simonsen said:

Badger said:

Hendon is my team and we had a very odd day. Well in the relegation mix at kick off time....except everyone kicked off and we didn't. A couple of the officials were caught in bad traffic on the North Circular so we kicked off about an hour late!

Just before the start of our second half, Burgess Hill scored a last kick winner in their game, which meant we needed a draw.....but we were already losing 0-1.

Luckily we equalised shortly after the break and held on, thus keeping up our record of never having been relegated (albeit we did escape a few years ago on a technicality.....we were down but got reinstated at the expense of Canvey Island).

In the last 10 games a run of 22 points from the last 30 has seen Hendon stay up by 1 point.

Hamlet should get close to 3,000 on Thursday!
  • Options
    Have Dulwich got Akinyemi still for the playoffs?
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    This weren't too shabby down at PVR
    https://youtu.be/QWQxh2CMhHE
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Have Dulwich got Akinyemi still for the playoffs?

I think so.
  • Options
    The appeals from the clubs who have been excluded from the National South play-offs have been rejected

Therefore, depending on results this weekend, either Ebbsfleet or Maidenhead will get a bye to the play-off final and of course home advantage and a nice rest up awaiting the final

Great !!!!

After Darts and Chelmsford have finished their two leg semi (no doubt both will be physical matches) then they may well face a final against fresh rested opposition, away from home

Talk about loading the dice in favour of the top 2 - what a shambles
  • Options
    I am off to Champion Hill this evening.
  • Options

The appeals from the clubs who have been excluded from the National South play-offs have been rejected

Therefore, depending on results this weekend, either Ebbsfleet or Maidenhead will get a bye to the play-off final and of course home advantage and a nice rest up awaiting the final

Great !!!!

After Darts and Chelmsford have finished their two leg semi (no doubt both will be physical matches) then they may well face a final against fresh rested opposition, away from home

Why the hell don't they just let the 6th place team into the playoffs?
  • Options
    My understanding is that only the top 7 will be considered. The only team currently in the top 7 (5th, 6th, 7th) who;s ground is up to scratch is Hampton & Richmond. If Hampton lose on Saturday & fall out of the top 7, 2nd place team (probably Ebbsfleet) will recieve a bye to the final
  • Options

Great !!!!

Why the hell don't they just let the 6th place team into the playoffs?
    I guess the issue is if they let a team from outside the current four places then where does it end

Welling finishing in 18th one year could be the next eligible team to be allowed to go up... Whats to stop them kicking up a fuss because this year the Conference South moved the Play-Off places further to include one team?

Its stupid regardless... National League | National League North | National League South, why are there rules stopping them from going from one Division to another when they're ran by the same organisation - Surely if there was issue with Poole's ground they shouldnt have been promoted from the Southern League!!
  • Options
    Either way if what the BBC say is true and Hampton get the Play-Off spot it makes you wonder how legit it is.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39719126

Brian Barwick used to be on the Hampton and Richmond Board of Directors... Is now the Chairman for the National League and is on the FA Council - Is all rather convenient if thats still the case (in terms of his roles)
  • Options

My understanding is that only the top 7 will be considered. The only team currently in the top 7 (5th, 6th, 7th) who;s ground is up to scratch is Hampton & Richmond. If Hampton lose on Saturday & fall out of the top 7, 2nd place team (probably Ebbsfleet) will recieve a bye to the final

Correct
  • Options

Either way if what the BBC say is true and Hampton get the Play-Off spot it makes you wonder how legit it is.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39719126

Brian Barwick used to be on the Hampton and Richmond Board of Directors... Is now the Chairman for the National League and is on the FA Council - Is all rather convenient if thats still the case (in terms of his roles)

But Dartford don't have 500 seats across two stands - all our seats are in one stand - weird
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Simonsen said:

Badger said:

Hamlet should get close to 3,000 on Thursday!
    Over 3,000 at Maidstone v Lincoln Tuesday night. Expect similar for Tranmere at home on Sat.