Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    Pitiful attendance. 8049!
    You slagging off other teams attendances again
  • Options
    Perhaps Scholes can manage his playboys team?
  • Options
    I believe it was only today the price dropped to £20 from Cat 1. £41 and Cat 2 £36 plus £3 booking fee !

Plus both sides traveling down from Lancs.

Make it £18 and let the non League fans know and you might end up with 35k and a bit of a crowd. Sheer greed.
  • Options
    I believe it was only today the price dropped to £20 from Cat 1. £41 and Cat 2 £36 plus £3 booking fee !

Plus both sides traveling down from Lancs.

Make it £18 and let the non League fans know and you might end up with 35k and a bit of a crowd. Sheer greed.
    More that they are just no mark clubs providing rich boys with an opportunity to buy a fairy tale. I read Salford, of BBC love in fame, evidently sold a pathetic 5k. But Fylde were even worse with a mere 700 sold. The rest were neutrals, freebies, press. 3 sides of Wembley empty and the other side scattered with people. I hope they both fall as quick as they've risen. 
  • Options
    looking back at previous attendances for this final 8k is really poor - however for long time supporters of Salford what an amazing time this must be for them - putting aside the Man U ex players element, best wishes to those hardy long term fans - enjoy !!
  • Options
    looking back at previous attendances for this final 8k is really poor - however for long time supporters of Salford what an amazing time this must be for them - putting aside the Man U ex players element, best wishes to those hardy long term fans - enjoy !!
    I seem to remember that a lot of Salford fans didnt like the direction that the Class of 92 were taking the club and were attending less

i.e. I'm sure the Football League is an attractive proposition but think for others (Sutton United are a good example) being a permanent Non-League club (albeit in the Conference) is rather ideal
  • Options
    Was also at Angels vs Met Police. Excellent come back. Angels support was loud and continuous whereas Met Police quiet. 
  • Options
    Was also at Angels vs Met Police. Excellent come back. Angels support was loud and continuous whereas Met Police quiet. 
    They were probably too busy watching the Tonbridge fans in case they broke the law. 
  • Options
    They were probably too busy watching the Tonbridge fans in case they broke the law. 
    When Tonbridge are around, there normally is trouble!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big game for Welling today ... c’mon you Wings. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    To be fair, Met don't really have fans. They have a few older followers plus quite a lot of players' family members.....a bit like a Sunday team who get to a cup final. It's a funny set up but they are a well run club. They are always very respectful when they come to Hendon and their kit-man (the manager's dad) makes sure that everything is left neat and tidy....unlike a lot of other teams who leave the place like a shit-tip.

They'll be gutted about not going up and being consigned to another season in Southern Premier. They had a superb FA Cup run and that's helped them a lot financially because at the start of the season, they halved their playing budget to pay for all the additional transport costs associated with Southern Premier travelling. I've occasionally heard the opinion that they are part state funded but I believe this to be untrueT. I gather their main source of funds is the Met Police lottery, which is still quite a big thing across all Met Police stations.

Meanwhile, Tonbridge have been a good side in recent years and deserve their shot at Conference South. They'll certainly be welcomed by Hampton and Dulwich fans because it's a nice easy away day and has good pubs!
    Angels fans were sad that Truro were relegated but have some excellent away games next season - Bath, Gloucester- oh and Maidstone!
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    To be fair, Met don't really have fans. They have a few older followers plus quite a lot of players' family members.....a bit like a Sunday team who get to a cup final. It's a funny set up but they are a well run club. They are always very respectful when they come to Hendon and their kit-man (the manager's dad) makes sure that everything is left neat and tidy....unlike a lot of other teams who leave the place like a shit-tip.

They'll be gutted about not going up and being consigned to another season in Southern Premier. They had a superb FA Cup run and that's helped them a lot financially because at the start of the season, they halved their playing budget to pay for all the additional transport costs associated with Southern Premier travelling. I've occasionally heard the opinion that they are part state funded but I believe this to be untrueT. I gather their main source of funds is the Met Police lottery, which is still quite a big thing across all Met Police stations.

Meanwhile, Tonbridge have been a good side in recent years and deserve their shot at Conference South. They'll certainly be welcomed by Hampton and Dulwich fans because it's a nice easy away day and has good pubs!
    Angels fans were sad that Truro were relegated but have some excellent away games next season - Bath, Gloucester- oh and Maidstone!
    Hopefully not Welling though 
  • Options
    Wings go 1 0 down after 42 minutes 🙁
  • Options
    At least Dartford still have a local derby for Boxing Day/NYD!

Last year it was Dartford who fell in the playoffs, this year Welling
  • Options
    Could always go and support Ebbsfleet of course...:'(
  • Options
    Will they have a team next season then? :-)
  • Options
    One of the guys on the Dartford forum said the Woking fans were their usual inbred selves. That really is a nasty football club - the conference are welcome to them!

• Options
    Adam Coombes released from Billaricay.
    think he will struggle to get a £3k per week contract elsewhere.
    Love to see him back at PVR though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Adam Coombes released from Billaricay.
    think he will struggle to get a £3k per week contract elsewhere.
    Love to see him back at PVR though.
    He's already had three (?) spells with them, why not another
  • Options
    Will they have a team next season then? :-)

Probably not and they will struggle at this rate...Not sure what his game is.
  • Options

A supporter-led takeover at National League club Gateshead has been completed after a dramatic 24 hours on Tyneside.

A four-and-a-half-hour-long meeting between former Heed general manager Alisha Henry and the club’s financial advisor Joseph Cala on Tuesday afternoon ended with the Italian businessman accepting a £25,000 offer after a consultation with owner Dr Ranjan Varghese.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/more-sport/gateshead-fc-saved-by-supporter-led-takeover-after-dramatic-24-hours-brings-end-to-dr-ranjan-varghese-s-disastrous-spell-in-charge-1-9782692?fbclid=IwAR1YReI60qt6uoIMRLmeQzwujiKLSBVbcjHWVpRhToIzECcE6jLgKxqQQNc

• Options
    Really gutted for them. Yet another shit owner.
  • Options
    Aldershot are getting a reprieve then.
  • Options
    Badger said:
    Aldershot are getting a reprieve then.
    I wouldnt count on it yet - I suspect that teams may get a free weekend instead!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    So who'll replace them in the National League next season?

Welling and Spennymoor were the two losing Play-Off Finalists...

Will everyone just play one less game with them occupying one of the relegation spots? - Or will Aldershot avoid relegation this season
  • Options
    So who'll replace them in the National League next season?

Welling and Spennymoor were the two losing Play-Off Finalists...

Will everyone just play one less game with them occupying one of the relegation spots? - Or will Aldershot avoid relegation this season?

Dartford got a reprieve a few years back when they were still in the National League. I'd assume itd be the same for Aldershot