Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• Welling stalwart Joe Healy signs for Dartford.
  • Hoping the mighty Eastbourne Borough keep up their unbeaten record in 2019 alive by beating Welling today.

Big name for Eastbourne Borough is ex Leyton Orient and Brighton Winger Dean Cox.

Come on Wings
  • welling one up
  • edited January 2019

Hoping the mighty Eastbourne Borough keep up their unbeaten record in 2019 alive by beating Welling today.

Big name for Eastbourne Borough is ex Leyton Orient and Brighton Winger Dean Cox.

Came looking for the draw. One corner and one shot on target.
    Couple of excellent chances in the first half for Welling, but a rush of blood to the head after good runs, meant no prize.
    Brendan Kiernan showing some of the promise from the start of the season, went past two players, into penalty area and brought down.
    Scored resulting penalty 1-0.
    Going to need players to step up now as Goldburg has cut the budget and released a few players. Patterson (striker) went to Havant And Waterlooville, and duly scored within the opening 10 mins.
    Dartford throwing away a 0-1 lead at Chelmsford in the last five minutes to lose 2-1, rounded off a rather nice afternoon :-)
  • Great result for the mighty Ebbsfleet....fantastic run their on...
  • Financial cuts at Welling United.
    Welling owner Mark Goldberg put a statement in the match programme explaining that early cup exits were a contributory factor. He added: “This, combined with reduced sponsorship income and crowd figures that have not improved, means that in order to balance the books, we now need to make a reduction in our playing budget.”
    Manager Steve King also had to let first-team coach Osei Sankofa and goalkeeping coach Larry Raji leave the club.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/all-change-at-welling-united-as-financial-cuts-see-player-and-management-staff-let-go/
  • clive said:

Financial cuts at Welling United.
    Welling owner Mark Goldberg put a statement in the match programme explaining that early cup exits were a contributory factor. He added: “This, combined with reduced sponsorship income and crowd figures that have not improved, means that in order to balance the books, we now need to make a reduction in our playing budget.”
    Manager Steve King also had to let first-team coach Osei Sankofa and goalkeeping coach Larry Raji leave the club.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/all-change-at-welling-united-as-financial-cuts-see-player-and-management-staff-let-go/

It does show the difference at non league level between the fat cat clubs and those who have to balance their books. Must be frustrating for Welling fans
  • Harry Wheeler is now back in charge of Billericay!
  • The sooner Goldberg leaves the better. Promises the earth and achieves very little. Same with Bexleyheath Sports Club. Promised us a new club house and floodlit tennis courts. Was never going to happen but we've been in limbo for 3 years just in case he delivered.

Once a Palace tosser .........
  • clive said:

I know some Welling fans have enjoyed some bad news recently about the fleet, but as an Ebbsfleet man I think this is sad news.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great result for the mighty Ebbsfleet....fantastic run their on...

Great result, enjoyed the game. Over 3000 gate added to the atmosphere. Good to see Laurie Wilson playing again.
  • clive said:

I know some Welling fans have enjoyed some bad news recently about the fleet, but as an Ebbsfleet man I think this is sad news.
    Mate, it's not like they have lost their ground.
    They have a side that is more than capable of play offs.
    Granted, the stadium could do with a few quid spent on it, but then again, I liked the Valley in the early 80s, better than the current place.
    I blame Brexit :-)
  • clive said:

Granted, the stadium could do with a few quid spent on it, but then again, I liked the Valley in the early 80s, better than the current place.
    Lol.. Some would.... I like to see all kent non league clubs do well, shame it isn't reciprocated.
  • clive said:

Lol.. Some would.... I like to see all kent non league clubs do well, shame it isn't reciprocated.
    I think you’ll find there’s a lot more that don’t wish you any ill than you think.
  • clive said:

I think you’ll find there’s a lot more that don’t wish you any ill than you think.
    Dartford is my first non league love, but happy for Welling to do well as well (too many "wells" in that sentence!)
  • edited January 2019
    Interesting developments at Hartlepool Richard Money appointed as manager about a month ago swaps jobs with director of football Craig Hignett.
    Following several meetings in recent days the Board of Hartlepool United has made the decision to implement some changes to the Football Department at the Club.

Craig Hignett will now take charge of First Team affairs, with Richard Money assuming a senior role overseeing football matters strategically.

The Club faces a unique set of challenges in the coming months with the need to build a squad capable of promotion back to the EFL as well as introducing structures and disciplines which have been absent from the Club for far too long.

The task of bringing the Club up to date in areas such as sports science and recruitment, not to mention the challenge of reinventing the Youth Department during a season when we are in our last year of funding from the EFL, is essential to address if we are serious about bringing the Club back to the level we believe its history and its fans deserve.

https://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/2019/january/230119-hartlepool-united-club-statement-on-reshuffle-in-football-department/
  • Welling go down 2-0 at Billericay.
    Always difficult when you are playing against three of your better players (Coombes, Lafayette & Waldren).
    Harry Wheeler returned to Billericay after being sacked earlier this season.
    Surprising what a pound note can buy.
    How much are morals these days? It seems they are getting cheaper.

Highlight of the day
    At the H/T whistle "hurry up Wheeler, Tamplin wants his cock sucking".

Bitter? Me?
    Of course not.
  • edited January 2019
    Went to Beaconsfield v Hendon.

Good points;
    Hendon didn't lose.
    Hendon kept a clean sheet for the first time in about 3 months (0-0)
    The ground was nice.
    The pitch was excellent.
    It only took 9 mins to get there by car.

Bad points;
    The game was shite.
    Hendon had their best player sent off.
    Hendon have now gone ten games without a win.
  • Sponsored links:

• He presumably still wanted to be manager.
  • Hartlepool are at Ebbsfleet Saturday, weather permitting hope to be there...
  • clive said:
    Thanks mate...Sensible decision.
  • Dartford off tomorrow at hemel....
  • Ebbsfleet now postponed.
  • For anybody that is concerned with their games being called off due to the weather, the following have 3G pitches(I don't know if they are at home though).

Crawley Green
    Hendon
    KSports
    Rayners Lane
    Bedfont Sports
    Bracknell

I do know Bracknell are at home, this is where I will be going to.
  • For anybody that is concerned with their games being called off due to the weather, the following have 3G pitches(I don't know if they are at home though).

Crawley Green
    Hendon
    KSports
    Rayners Lane
    Bedfont Sports
    Bracknell

I do know Bracknell are at home, this is where I will be going to.

Hendon are at home to Salisbury, who are a pretty good side under Steve Claridge. Despite 3G, we still have a pitch inspection at 9am Saturday morning but we should be ok.
  • Ebbsfleet now postponed.

Poofy Conference players.....get yourself up to Silver Jubilee Park.....
  • Simonsen said:

Ebbsfleet now postponed.

Poofy Conference players.....get yourself up to Silver Jubilee Park.....
    Lol whats the nearest station to it mate...yes it was called off due to who they were playing I think....sure had it been Maidstone etc it would have be inspected tomorrow. Loads of Scottish games of already also including the mighty cowden, was told that one would be off though yesterday.