Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options

Welling 1 0 up at home to Slough after 2 minutes. Coombes scores on his first start of his 3rd spell at the Wings.

Coombes scores the winner from the spot after 82 minutes. Wings win 2 1
    Is that an ft please?
    Yes mate
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Good lad. Cheers come on you wings 6
  • Options

Welling 1 0 up at home to Slough after 2 minutes. Coombes scores on his first start of his 3rd spell at the Wings.

Didn't see you today mate, was you in the posh seats :-)
  • Options

Didn't see you today mate, was you in the posh seats :-)
    No mate, was planning to go but ran out of time in the end.
  • Options
    I went to Orient v Hartlepool,ended 0-0 in a competitive match with Orient having a man sent off midway through the 2nd half,the attendance was 6021,with 540 Pools fans.It was 'football for a fiver' day at Brisbane Road.
  • Options
    Brilliant season for the Wings so far.

Is Coombes back permanent or on loan? He seems to sign and then leave again every season.
  • Options
    Going to be a fascinating game between Welling and Woking next week in the FA Cup

Both have the same amount of points yet Welling have scored more and conceded less goals
  • Options

Brilliant season for the Wings so far.

Is Coombes back permanent or on loan? He seems to sign and then leave again every season.

Coombes is on loan and presumably they signed Matt Patterson from Oxford City yesterday as his replacement for when he goes back to Billericay
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dartford keeper Ibrahim scored the winner today! Not the first time he's scored either.
  • Options
    Went to see Hartney Wintney 2 v Hendon 3. It sounds a cracking game but it wasn't really.

The pitch and the wind made it hard for players and you wouldn't have known these two teams were so high up the league. It was pretty grim fare at times.

It was another new ground for me (three in a week....watched Hendon win at Lancing on Sun and get smashed at Chippenham on Weds). And rarely can a football ground be set in such a nice location.

Somehow this completely new Hendon team and management find themselves 2nd in the league. It's all a bit odd but so far the Southern League doesn't look a patch on the Isthmian Premier.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Went to see Hartney Wintney 2 v Hendon 3. It sounds a cracking game but it wasn't really.

The pitch and the wind made it hard for players and you wouldn't have known these two teams were so high up the league. It was pretty grim fare at times.

It was another new ground for me (three in a week....watched Hendon win at Lancing on Sun and get smashed at Chippenham on Weds). And rarely can a football ground be set in such a nice location.

Somehow this completely new Hendon team and management find themselves 2nd in the league. It's all a bit odd but so far the Southern League doesn't look a patch on the Isthmian Premier.

Hi Mate

Was on 12 hour day shift yesterday otherwise would have gone...You sound impressed with the location but not the ground lol...You have to remember Hartley have had back to back promotions and to be so well placed at the moment is incredible. There are a lot of bigger sides with more financial clout than Hartley in that division. How they keep doing it and remain competitive is outstanding...Not many grounds you can have a beer and get a decent view of the game with your beer.
  • Options
    The ground was fine....but the grass needed a cut (might have been a ploy to leave it long?) The club is doing brilliantly and a top half finish would be amazing. Promotion would be staggering!

Had a couple of pints in the clubhouse pre-match but was surprised that it didn't get busy at all. Perhaps the village pubs are too good to miss.

I understand the goalie (Adam Desbois of Reading FC) is very highly rated but he didn't have his best game yesterday. On another day, he'd have saved at least two of our goals.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

The ground was fine....but the grass needed a cut (might have been a ploy to leave it long?) The club is doing brilliantly and a top half finish would be amazing. Promotion would be staggering!

Had a couple of pints in the clubhouse pre-match but was surprised that it didn't get busy at all. Perhaps the village pubs are too good to miss.

I understand the goalie (Adam Desbois of Reading FC) is very highly rated but he didn't have his best game yesterday. On another day, he'd have saved at least two of our goals.

That's good....village pubs are hit and miss, the village has a mix of people and a lot of weekend squire toffs who don't like football and think that Hartley Wintney is Hampshires answer to Windsor.

Probably catch for a chat Saturday.
  • Options

Dartford keeper Ibrahim scored the winner today! Not the first time he's scored either.

This is the goal

• Options
    That was shit goalkeeping
  • Options
    Salford City have begun an investigation after Braintree Town made allegations of "serious crowd trouble" and assault at Saturday's match at Moor Lane, BBC Radio Manchester reports.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45878754
  • Options

That was shit goalkeeping

To be fair it did just dip under the bar, and the keeper wouldn't have been expecting that!
  • Options
    Went to Hungerford on Saturday to watch Dulwich Hamlet win 2-1 after being a goal behind. A scrappy game all round really but Dulwich now seem to be finding their feet in this division and should hopefully consolidate their promotion by getting a mid-table finish. Hungerford have got a decent ground (a new one for me to visit) and had a very pleasant bunch of officials, volunteers and supporters. The John O'Gaunt in the main street is a decent pub, although some of our more adventurous fans got off the train at the previous stop (Kintbury) where there is another cracking pub apparently - The Dundas Arms, which is on a small island on the River Kennet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tom_Hovi said:

Went to Hungerford on Saturday to watch Dulwich Hamlet win 2-1 after being a goal behind. A scrappy game all round really but Dulwich now seem to be finding their feet in this division and should hopefully consolidate their promotion by getting a mid-table finish. Hungerford have got a decent ground (a new one for me to visit) and had a very pleasant bunch of officials, volunteers and supporters. The John O'Gaunt in the main street is a decent pub, although some of our more adventurous fans got off the train at the previous stop (Kintbury) where there is another cracking pub apparently - The Dundas Arms, which is on a small island on the River Kennet.

The dundas arms is ok but full of the local snobs...
  • Options

Tom_Hovi said:

Didn’t go in there so can’t comment on that. Our friends went in there and said it was fine, so perhaps they were lucky.
  • Options
    Tom_Hovi said:

Tom_Hovi said:

Didn’t go in there so can’t comment on that. Our friends went in there and said it was fine, so perhaps they were lucky.
    Don't live far from Hungerford and one of my engineers was born and bred there, he was a neighbour of Michael Ryan's. He says he hates the place due to too many weekend squires moving in. .
  • Options

Tom_Hovi said:

Tom_Hovi said:

Don't live far from Hungerford and one of my engineers was born and bred there, he was a neighbour of Michael Ryan's. He says he hates the place due to too many weekend squires moving in. .
    That’s a shame. Not been there before and found Hungerford a nice town. Rather a lot of antiques shops in the high street which sort of bears out your comment above. On the subject of Michael Ryan, there is a rather touching and understated memorial to the victims just adjacent to the football ground.

• Options
    Tom_Hovi said:

Tom_Hovi said:

Tom_Hovi said:

That’s a shame. Not been there before and found Hungerford a nice town. Rather a lot of antiques shops in the high street which sort of bears out your comment above. On the subject of Michael Ryan, there is a rather touching and understated memorial to the victims just adjacent to the football ground.

When i applied for a job here, Hungerford happened just as i accepted that post... Mrs was weary of moving here but we lived close too Dunblane also. Hungerford is a nice little town in my view, but as you say lots of antique shops.

Been there once and saw Hartley wintney there. A guy in the bar says your a Charlton fan aren't you, when i replied yes how do you know, he recognised me on a train to Basingstoke, he was a Palace fan who got on at Clapham.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Inspirational Welling midfielder Jack Jebb out for the season due to knee injury sustained in last weekends game against Staines.
    Really made the midfield tick at Welling, and this could have a serious effect on their season.
    From being very upbeat for saturdays FA Cup journey to Woking, I now have my doubts.
    https://www.wellingunited.com/player-update-jack-jebb/
  • Options

Inspirational Welling midfielder Jack Jebb out for the season due to knee injury sustained in last weekends game against Staines.
    Really made the midfield tick at Welling, and this could have a serious effect on their season.
    From being very upbeat for saturdays FA Cup journey to Woking, I now have my doubts.

Just read about this, gutted for him.
  • Options

What are the entry prices on Saturday, Woking are one of the most expensive non league clubs to visit in recent seasons.

In all seriousness if you go be aware if you go by train and walk through the park on the way back to the station, I have been to two games in recent season (LIncoln and Dagenham and Redbridge there) and the local idiots cherry pick fights with opposition fans, in the park.
  • Options

What are the entry prices on Saturday, Woking are one of the most expensive non league clubs to visit in recent seasons.

In all seriousness if you go be aware if you go by train and walk through the park on the way back to the station, I have been to two games in recent season (LIncoln and Dagenham and Redbridge there) and the local idiots cherry pick fights with opposition fans, in the park.
    £10 for Adults,
    £5 for Concessions,
    £1 for Under 16s.