Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• Welling lost 2-1 :neutral:
  • Against ten men for all of the second half.
    That's their season over
  • Neck and neck between Dartford and Havant for the title. Equal on points, Dartford's GD is better by 1!

• Results today mean that Ebbsfleet's play off hopes are now in their own hands. Win all their last 4 games and they will make the play offs, although it'll be tough as 3 of them are away.
  • Results today mean that Ebbsfleet's play off hopes are now in their own hands. Win all their last 4 games and they will make the play offs, although it'll be tough as 3 of them are away.

Yes shame they drew too many games at the start of the season...But still a good season to see what it is all about.

Hopefully be there Tuesday at Eastleigh seeing as its just down the road...
  • Great wins tonight for Dartford and Ebsfleet
  • Ebbsfleet are on a great run. Into the playoff places now. That was unthinkable a few weeks ago
  • Great wins tonight for Dartford and Ebsfleet

Yeah I went to East Thurrock v Dartford, they were good value for the three points. Puts pressure on Havant who face third place Chelmsford on Saturday, Chris Dickson got two yesterday as well. If he's scoring Chelmsford must be playing well.
  • Ebbsfleet are on a great run. Into the playoff places now. That was unthinkable a few weeks ago

Tough game Saturday.... Sutton utd at home...
  • Sponsored links:

Sutton are on a bad run. They look very beatable
    RedPanda said:

Great wins tonight for Dartford and Ebsfleet

Yeah I went to East Thurrock v Dartford, they were good value for the three points. Puts pressure on Havant who face third place Chelmsford on Saturday, Chris Dickson got two yesterday as well. If he's scoring Chelmsford must be playing well.
    Yes the top 3 are all playing well, so that's a tough match. I see Havant's game in hand over Dartford is next Wednesday against East Thurrock TWO days after East Thurrock play Wealdstone. I hope that doesn't have a bearing on who goes up.
  • Went to Bromley last night against Dagenham. Dagenham better team first half and took the lead early second half.

Bromley came back and centre half scored two from corners. Then they had a penalty which Hanlon had saved, thought it might cost them but wrapped in up with a third goal.

Roger Johnson's vocabulary gets no better.

They still have a outside chance of the playoffs.
  • Went to see Darts away at Eastbourne on Saturday and last night at Thurrock - Darts v strong at the back last 5/6 games - key games now are Darts vs Bath and Chelmo vs Havant - both this Saturday - if we win and Havant lose, then it's fully in Darts hands, as we play Bogner away last game of the season (Saturday week) and they are already relegated - Darts have really stepped up to the plate since the dismal display against Poole in March - looking like real champions material now - 2 games to go - no trip ups now please

COYD's

Ebbsfleet doing a Millwall and storming through late on.

Good to see unfancied sides like them, Boreham Wood and Fylde up there.

Saw Sutton last night lose 2-1 at Maidenhead . They have run out of steam , tough league for part-timers , and now very very beatable.
  • With regards to Sutton, I remember the interview I posted here from their Manager a few weeks ago.

Makes me wonder if this sudden dip in form isnt down to fatigue and more them preferring to stay in the National League so that the 3G pitch remains and is taken advantage by people in the community... Certainly wouldnt surprise me if that was the case as they didnt sound overly concerned if they didnt get promotion
  • With regards to Sutton, I remember the interview I posted here from their Manager a few weeks ago.

Makes me wonder if this sudden dip in form isnt down to fatigue and more them preferring to stay in the National League so that the 3G pitch remains and is taken advantage by people in the community... Certainly wouldnt surprise me if that was the case as they didnt sound overly concerned if they didnt get promotion

The club is not set-up for promotion , and would do more harm than good in the long run , in my opinion as a fairly regular Sutton watcher . Not that that should hinder their ambitions a few years down the line , but they are not ready yet. The club know that but would never say so publicly. A very well run community club , good ST pricing , but massively over achieved this season....with a few ex-Addicks there as well.
  • edited April 2018
    The extra 1m for League Two just isn't worth it for clubs like Sutton or Bromley as of yet. The forecast I saw was that operational costs (including installing a grass pitch and maintenance) would increase by about £1.4m per annum.

Extra sponsorship and larger attendances meant that whilst they were in League Two they could absorb those costs but with players demanding longer term contracts than the standard 12 months in the NL they're was a huge financial risk in the case of relegation.

In addition, certainly in the case of Bromley, if relegated back to the NL the decision would have to be made as to whether to spend another£4-500k on re-installing a 4G pitch or continue to lose £4-500k a year on maintaining (loss of commercial use of 4G pitch, Youth Team having to play at alternative venues, Pitch Maintenance, Fixture Postponement Costs) a grass one.

Bromley and Sutton are far better off where they are; top 10 of the National League and hoping for a good cup run whilst building up their reserves so that when they're ready for a promotion push they can sustain League 2 football.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42425377

Apparently if they don't change their pitches to grass on being promoted, teams like Bromley and Sutton would then be punished by being relegated to National league South, which is bonkers!

In that situation, even I would be using Roger Johnson language...
  • I think Bromley should spend any money from the FA Trophy on ground inprovements.

Bromley have now sold 11,000 tickets for wembley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Macclesfield promoted back to the Football League

Salford City win the National League North
  • Looks likely that Dartford will win the National League South

Three points clear, have played a game more than Havant yet have a slightly better Goal Difference

They end the season next week against Bognor Regis who are bottom of the League
  • Good win for the Wings ... too late unfortunately
  • stonemuse said:

Good win for the Wings ... too late unfortunately

Two games left, four points behind - Might still do it, too big an ask though

Is there the potential for any of the seven play-off sides to miss out due to ground regulations like last season?

If thats the case then surely Welling would enter the Play-Offs at that teams expense?
  • Macclesfield promoted back to the Football League

Salford City win the National League North

3rd promotion in 4 seasons. Gone from the Northern premier league division 1 North to the national league.
  • My first visit to Dover Athletic today to see Gateshead. One of their furthest away games, they brought 23 fans. Final score 3-2. Nice ground.
  • edited April 2018

Looks likely that Dartford will win the National League South

Three points clear, have played a game more than Havant yet have a slightly better Goal Difference

Havant are only 2 goals behind and their game is home to East Thurrock. Havant won 2 0 at Chelmsford today who beat Thurrock last week. I know it doesnt always go like that but Id be surprised if Havant dont win.

Havent then have Concord at home who I think are fourth bottom. Will go to the wire but I have a feeling that Havant will do it.
  • Daddy_Pig said:

Looks likely that Dartford will win the National League South

Havant are only 2 goals behind and their game is home to East Thurrock. Havant won 2 0 at Chelmsford today who beat Thurrock last week. I know it doesnt always go like that but Id be surprised if Havant dont win.

Havent then have Concord at home who I think are fourth bottom. Will go to the wire but I have a feeling that Havant will do it.
    Thurrock also play away on Monday night so Havant will be their 3rd away game in 5 days, they'll be knackered. Can see Havant going all out and winning by 3 or 4 to give themselves a head start come the final day.
  • Yes, it's awfully close now. If Thurrocks defence packs up, the advantage swings quickly. Next saturday will be very exciting between Dartford and Charlton.
  • If Darts go up I understand that it's probable that a few Darts players who don't want to play National League next season (due to the travelling and training demands - they have good careers away from football etc) will end up at Wings - if that happens then I can see Wings challenging for the Natl South title next season

I'm off to Bogner next Saturday - it's going to be very tense waiting to see how Havant get on - last time I felt this excited about a match was before the Sunderland playoff final