Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• QPR didn't sign Nico Muir of Hendon (nor did anyone else) but he did get another hat trick today. 33 in 42 games now.
  • Simonsen said:

QPR didn't sign Nico Muir of Hendon (nor did anyone else) but he did get another hat trick today. 33 in 42 games now.

Can he play centre half as Ebbsfleet need one.
  • Dickson and omozusi scored for Chelmsford. Lapslie didn't play
  • Billericay making another ridiculous signing.

Calum Butcher on loan who played over 30 times for Millwall in league one last season!
  • Ebbsfleet had their kids' teams begging at Asda Greenhithe on Saturday, wanting money in exchange for packing people's bags. Seems a bit odd when they can afford people like Lawrie Wilson.
  • Billericay making another ridiculous signing.

Calum Butcher on loan who played over 30 times for Millwall in league one last season!

Did them no good at the weekend in the FA Trophy against Wealdstone.
  • RedPanda said:

Ebbsfleet had their kids' teams begging at Asda Greenhithe on Saturday, wanting money in exchange for packing people's bags. Seems a bit odd when they can afford people like Lawrie Wilson.

So did my local church at Sainsbury's supermarket...I am sure the church have a few bob tucked away.
  • RedPanda said:

Ebbsfleet had their kids' teams begging at Asda Greenhithe on Saturday, wanting money in exchange for packing people's bags. Seems a bit odd when they can afford people like Lawrie Wilson.

So did my local church at Sainsbury's supermarket...I am sure the church have a few bob tucked away.
    Still rather give my money to the church though, and I'm an atheist
  • LenGlover said:

Billericay making another ridiculous signing.

think their owner Tamplin has sacked himself as manager now, and is now the assistant manager. Strange set up.
  • RedPanda said:

Good for you. I am sure they wouldn't want it.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedPanda said:

Why wouldn't they want it ?
  • LenGlover said:

think their owner Tamplin has sacked himself as manager now, and is now the assistant manager. Strange set up.
    He's a strange fella:

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/16046131.Tamplin_quits_as_Billericay_Town_manager/

GLENN Tamplin has quit as Billericay Town’s manager after today’s 5-2 defeat to Wealdstone in the FA Trophy.

Tamplin said on social media last week that he would step down as manager if his team did not progress in the competition.

And he has stuck to his word, telling his players following the defeat that he would be the club’s new assistant with head coach Harry Wheeler taking over the manager’s role.

Tamplin added the decision was based on defeats to Leiston, Folkestone Invicta and Wealdstone in the past week, as well as the players’ decision not to give up a week’s wages for what has occurred in the last seven days.

“When I asked the players to give up a week’s wages for the way they have performed in the last seven days they didn’t consider me," said Tamplin. "Why should I consider them?

“I will stick with the squad. I will see the season out as assistant manager but I am so frustrated.

“I have spent more than two million on this club and all I wanted was players to donate a week’s wages after their performances in the past week. Only seven or eight said they would.

“They are not matching my investment. We are not getting the results for what I am paying, so I am stepping down.”

Tamplin added he would still have a presence at games until the rest of the season.
  • LenGlover said:

He's a strange fella:

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/16046131.Tamplin_quits_as_Billericay_Town_manager/

GLENN Tamplin has quit as Billericay Town’s manager after today’s 5-2 defeat to Wealdstone in the FA Trophy.

Tamplin said on social media last week that he would step down as manager if his team did not progress in the competition.

And he has stuck to his word, telling his players following the defeat that he would be the club’s new assistant with head coach Harry Wheeler taking over the manager’s role.

Tamplin added the decision was based on defeats to Leiston, Folkestone Invicta and Wealdstone in the past week, as well as the players’ decision not to give up a week’s wages for what has occurred in the last seven days.

“When I asked the players to give up a week’s wages for the way they have performed in the last seven days they didn’t consider me," said Tamplin. "Why should I consider them?

“I will stick with the squad. I will see the season out as assistant manager but I am so frustrated.

“I have spent more than two million on this club and all I wanted was players to donate a week’s wages after their performances in the past week. Only seven or eight said they would.

“They are not matching my investment. We are not getting the results for what I am paying, so I am stepping down.”

Tamplin added he would still have a presence at games until the rest of the season.
    To me that sounds like he is gearing up to chuck in the towel completely - feel for Billaricay, this was always gonna end on tears - he will leave them in a mess - happens so often in non league
  • Two million spent wisely could be game changing for a non league side like Billericay.
    Throwing money around like a mindless lottery winner, won't.
  • Bromley and Leyton Orient have long trips north to Spennymoor and Gateshead respectively in the FA Trophy Qtr Final replays. I can see them being wasted journeys unless it’s called off early.
  • RedPanda said:

Why wouldn't they want it ?
    According to you they try throw more money about than man city.
  • Bromley and Leyton Orient have long trips north to Spennymoor and Gateshead respectively in the FA Trophy Qtr Final replays. I can see them being wasted journeys unless it’s called off early.

Excellent comeback by the mighty Heed on Saturday at Orient - 3 nil down, 20 mins to go - 3-3 FS
  • Welling have re-signed Adam Coombes from Sutton until May 2020... thats a huge signing for them based on his goalscoring record last time he was at the club
  • Welling have re-signed Adam Coombes from Sutton until May 2020... thats a huge signing for them based on his goalscoring record last time he was at the club

Saw that earlier, a very good signing for them. Was scoring for fun before he moved to Sutton.
  • Saw Welling at Wealdstone on Monday , for a side with play-off aspirations was surprised at their negativity , time wasting from very early on , paid the price conceding an injury time goal to lose 1-0.

Coombes struggled at Sutton but was rated by the management , just didn't make that step up. Sure he will be back amongst the goals back at Lower level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw Welling at Wealdstone on Monday , for a side with play-off aspirations was surprised at their negativity , time wasting from very early on , paid the price conceding an injury time goal to lose 1-0.

Coombes struggled at Sutton but was rated by the management , just didn't make that step up. Sure he will be back amongst the goals back at Lower level.

They’ve been very inconsistent this season. At times have played really well and beaten some good teams but have also put in a few awful performances.
  • Great signing and look good at 17/10 for a win at East Thurrock today.

Saw that earlier, a very good signing for them. Was scoring for fun before he moved to Sutton.
    Over Thurrock today mate?
    Ideal fixture, wife can go shopping and you can watch football.
    Win Win.
  • edited March 2018
    Following his hat trick against Margate away 2016.
  • Coombes scores to make it 1-0 to Welling...
  • Big shout out for the mighty Heed! Thrashed Maidenhead 7-1
  • Coombes scores to make it 1-0 to Welling...

Excellent win
  • stonemuse said:

Coombes scores to make it 1-0 to Welling...

Excellent win
    Let’s hope his signing makes the difference in getting a play off spot
  • Are there any teams in the top seven who cant be part of the Play-Offs? - Seems crazy that they were extended down there when about four teams didnt have good enough Grounds and couldnt be involved in the Play-Offs!!
  • Can't believe that East Thurrock was on and Concorde called off.
    Called off at 2pm after the Bognor supporters were already there.
    First time I have been to a game where two sets of away fans outnumbered the home.