Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• There was a non - league team a few years ago in the same position that at the end of the season had to play 8 games in 7 days. Sure it was a west midlands side. They had to play every day and on the final Saturday had to play two different teams for their last two games...The league wouldn't extend their season.
  • Might have been Halifax? The year they went up they also had big cup runs, got into the play offs while on a marathón set of fixtures and managed to win promotion. I think they were playing saturdays, tuesdays and thursdays on the run in to the regular season.
  • There was a non - league team a few years ago in the same position that at the end of the season had to play 8 games in 7 days. Sure it was a west midlands side. They had to play every day and on the final Saturday had to play two different teams for their last two games...The league wouldn't extend their season.

I believe it was Canvey Island, something like 9 games in 12 days?
  • iaitch said:

Just looked at the league table for Dulwich and see that Billericay are 5 points behind with 8 matches in hand.

How come they've only played 22 games? Been involved in some cup competitions or lot of postponements?

They played 9 games (due to a lot of replays) just to reach the FA Cup 1st round.

They are in the Essex senior cup semi finals, League cup semi finals and still in the FA Trophy.

I'd imagine that come early April they'll already have promotion wrapped up so a fixture pile up probably won't matter too much by then. I'm sure their reported 30k+ a week wage bill will be enough to see them through though.
  • iaitch said:

Just looked at the league table for Dulwich and see that Billericay are 5 points behind with 8 matches in hand.

How come they've only played 22 games? Been involved in some cup competitions or lot of postponements?

They played 9 games (due to a lot of replays) just to reach the FA Cup 1st round.

They are in the Essex senior cup semi finals, League cup semi finals and still in the FA Trophy.

I'd imagine that come early April they'll already have promotion wrapped up so a fixture pile up probably won't matter too much by then. I'm sure their reported 30k+ a week wage bill will be enough to see them through though.
    Are the likes of Pennant, O'Hara and Konchesky still playing for them?
  • I think Konchesky left recently.
  • edited January 2018
    iaitch said:

I think Konchesky left recently.

Joined Welling on £5k per week.
    Their at home to Braintree this weekend should anyone fancy it.
  • iaitch said:

Bloody hell - I didn't pick up on that - when did this happen ?

5k a week - that's insane - where did the club get the money from ?

Bet he's popular with his much less paid team mates !!

• iaitch said:

Whoooooosshhh
  • edited January 2018

iaitch said:

Whoooooosshhh
    Bit harsh - it could have been true !!
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/21197/former-west-ham-and-billericay-defender-paul-konchesky-in-talks-with-bostik-league-north-side/

He had been linked with Grays in December. Interestingly...

But now the 36-year-old is in talks with Grays boss Jamie Stuart, who he knows from his time at Charlton.

Stuart told the Basildon Echo: “I’ve had a good chat with Paul and we’re in the middle of talks at the moment.

“I’m good friends with him. We were at the Charlton Athletic legends game (which celebrated 25 years since The Valley reopened) a couple of months ago.

“I still speak to him and a lot of them from my time at Charlton.
  • iaitch said:

And i have been told many times here its ebbsfleet who are the big spenders.
  • iaitch said:

Whoosh number two!
  • iaitch said:

Whoosh number two!
    Fear you won't get a hat trick thou :-)
  • Whoosh number 3...two og,s
  • C’mon you Wings ... three nil now
  • stonemuse said:

C’mon you Wings ... three nil now

Welling played very well, even against 10 men.
  • Was going to ebbsfleet until daughter intervention. Dad said ebbs were pants
  • stonemuse said:

Any idea what that sending off was for?
  • stonemuse said:

Any idea what that sending off was for?
    Think he grabbed one of ours round the neck in reaction to a tackle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why did Konchesky leave Billericay given they were paying him very well and he was too good for that level?
  • Also whilst mentioning Billericay, read yesterday that their top scorer Robinson now has 42 goals this season! 42!! And it's not even February yet.
  • Robbo how is Callum Driver doing at Welling, is old man is on the board down at Phoenix so I always follow Callum's career.He was in the Maidstone team that got promoted to National League

Another solid performance yesterday, and another goal to boot.
    Fitting in well and finally have a solid eleven and bench
  • Yer saw his goal on Twitter, you got a good player there for that level.
  • Why did Konchesky leave Billericay given they were paying him very well and he was too good for that level?

Heard he might have gone to West Ham as a coach.
  • Went to Hendon v Folkestone.

Hendon were losing 3-0 with 20 mins left......made it 3-3 with almost last kick of the game. Bit lucky because Folkestone missed quite a few chances but it was an entertaining 2nd half.
  • Went to Ebbsfleet vs Boreham Wood. Fleet were atrocious. Boreham Wood won 3-0. It could easily have been 6 or 7
  • Went to Ebbsfleet vs Boreham Wood. Fleet were atrocious. Boreham Wood won 3-0. It could easily have been 6 or 7

Money can't buy you love ......
  • An excellent Maidstone vs Gateshead, 2-2. Respect to the 28 travelling Heed Army. 11 hour round trip.