Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What do you think of Noel Edmonds?

Is it only me who switches the telly off whenever he appears? And where does he get those shirts from?!

Comments

• Options
    He's quite mad. There's a great article by Jon Ronson about him, written after Deal or No Deal took off.

"I wrote to the cosmos that I would like to meet a woman who'll make me laugh and make me happy," Noel tells me. "I wrote that I'd like a relationship that's not too heavy, with an attractive lady, and I'd like her to walk into my life by the end of September 2005. And she did!"

There is a short silence.

"She wasn't the person who sold her story to the Sunday People back in July, was she?" I ask.

There's another silence.

"Yes," says Noel.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2006/oct/21/broadcasting.arts
  • Options
    Legend
  • Options
    I can take him or leave him.
  • Options
    He's done some good stuff on TV and Radio, quite original. But when he gets something going he does tend to flog it relentlessly. Don't think he ever jumped, always pushed. Great ability to bounce back though. Amazing how he has kept the same appearance all these years, beard and hair etc.
    Read somewhere that in the 80's was horrible and nasty to the public on his shows (Late, Late, Breakfast, Telly Addicts etc) but is completely different now with DOND lot.

I'm sure Steve Coogan has studied him a lot.

I don't hate him but he's not one of my favourites of that genre.
  • Options
    used to love Noels House Party back in the day
  • Options
    Swap Shop over Tiswas.
  • Options
    i liked him till i found out he was one ofthe "proper Millwall" use to run with harry the Dog and Billy the Knob from Deptford
  • Options
    Noel 'tidy beard' as Wogan calls him!
    Also swap shop was pelt compared to Tiswas!
  • Options
    No, it's not just you!
  • Options
    today is saturday watch and smile
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is he part of an ISSS-led consortium, and he is sounding out public opinion ?
  • Options
    I find Edmonds really scary. WTF does he get those shirts? The bloke is caught in a time-warp, that 1970's haircut and weird beard make him look like a walking dogs arse. A real creature of the night!
  • Options
    He's a knob. When he talks on the phone to the banker cringes me right out.
  • Options

He's a knob. When he talks on the phone to the banker cringes me right out.

I don't mind him, but I have to agree with what you've said. Tbh it's beyond cringe.

• Options
    Noel's House Party was fantastic.
  • Options
    Professional, well presented, runs the Show well. You have to remember the sort of people who watch the Show regularly, they obviously love him. It takes all sorts, if it didn't then Jeremy Kyle would be unemployed.
  • Options
    Would never leave him alone with my kids.
  • Options
    noels house party was good. but on deal or no deal he was just creepy.
  • Options
    blobby blobby blobby!
  • Options
    He's ok.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I once went to watch the filming of the Late Late Breakfast Show at Television Centre - I thought it was a great programme. Bryan Ferry was the guest.
  • Options
    I try not to
  • Options
    Must be top of a list somewhere to have his collar felt post Saville at some point.
  • Options

Must be top of a list somewhere to have his collar felt post Saville at some point.

He does have the beard
  • Options
    He looks like a nonsey Aslan
  • Options
    Went to school with my dad. Apparently he was in a gang.
  • Options
    some comments to close to that line watch poor afkas legal fees folks
  • Options

some comments to close to that line watch poor afkas legal fees folks

But he does have a beard - FACT
  • Options
    One of the most annoying people to have ever have been on television.