Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Huddersfield match thread 17/9/13

Evening all..............usual match thread stuff here.....will bring you teams as soon as I have them.......I'm accompanied tonight by a nice 'Gran Famillia Tempranillo' should be an interesting match thread if nothing else!! COYR's....3 points please, and lets move up the table!!

Comments

• TEAM NEWS - CHARLTON: Hamer, Wood, Morrison, Dervite, Wiggins, Wilson, Jackson, Pritchard, Stephens, Church, Sordell
  • Hamer, Wood, Morrison, Dervite, Wiggins, Wilson, Jackson, Pritchard, Stephens, Church, Sordell.
  • CHARLTON SUBS: Alnwick, Evina, Cousins, Gower, Harriott, Stewart, Pigott.
  • SUBS: Alnwick, Evina, Cousins, Gower, Harriott, Stewart, Pigott.
  • No Yann , Quelle surprise !
  • Yann and Solly out injured
  • Church and Sordell together might spell the end of the hopeful long-ball from defense.
  • We didn't cope we'll without Jackson and Pritchard, no Yann weakens us defensively from set pieces as well as in attack.

It's chance for Sordell though and Harriott is back on the bench.
  • Anyone know if this is on Yorkshire radio?
  • apologies up front for spelling and typos.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2013
    hello gents from Chicago ... cmon you rip roaring goal scoring addicks!

shame how the first 2 on my teamsheet are out with injury
  • Hi from Dubai ! Yk should be back saturday (from my "inside"contact ;-))
  • can somebody confirm for me if we play more like 3 accross the back or 5 ? will wiggins and wilson be playing more like wing backs or outside wingers with 5 in midfield ...
  • Think Powell has made the right choice here. To label strikers as xth choice is sometimes naive and in this case I think Sordell is more suited to start, Pigott serves us and serves himself better from the bench at this moment in time.
  • addick16 said:

can somebody confirm for me if we play more like 3 accross the back or 5 ? will wiggins and wilson be playing more like wing backs or outside wingers with 5 in midfield ...

Wing backs.

----------Hamer----------
    ---Morrison Dervite Wood---
    Wilson--------------Wiggins
    --Pritchard Stephens Jackson-
    ------Church Sordell------
  • What radio station will this be on? Is it BBC London?
  • edited September 2013
    #htafc team vs #cafc (3-5-2): Smithies; Lynch, Gerrard, Clarke (c); Dixon, Clayton, Scannell, Hogg, Hammill; Stead, Vaughan

#htafc subs vs #cafc : Ian Bennett, Calum Woods, Oliver Norwood, Oscar Gobern, Martin Paterson, Jazz Richards, Daniel Carr
  • We've got this in the bag.

Which is only gonna get worse with the more booze you have !

Which is only gonna get worse with the more booze you have !

Only a glass or 2 during the entire match......so should be fine.......hic!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• stead and vaughan will be a handful tonight ... let hope hamer is up for it
  • #htafc team vs #cafc (3-5-2): Smithies; Lynch, Gerrard, Clarke (c); Dixon, Clayton, Scannell, Hogg, Hammill; Stead, Vaughan

#htafc subs vs #cafc : Ian Bennett, Calum Woods, Oliver Norwood, Oscar Gobern, Martin Paterson, Jazz Richards, Daniel Carr

3-5-2 is definately the en vogue formation in our division !
  • Hammill; Stead, Vaughan - that's a very strong frontline...!
  • 30 mins till ko..............think we can do this and get those 3 points..think Sordell will be out to prove it will be difficult to drop him for the Millwall game
  • Stuart Atwell is the ref Could be interesting
  • evening red. Thanks in advanced for the updates
  • edited September 2013
    se9addick said:

#htafc team vs #cafc (3-5-2): Smithies; Lynch, Gerrard, Clarke (c); Dixon, Clayton, Scannell, Hogg, Hammill; Stead, Vaughan

3-5-2 is definately the en vogue formation in our division !
    This'll be four games in a row that we've faced this formation (if you count Watford's 3-4-2-1 as a variation), having used it in all four games ourselves!
  • I hope I can stay awake. I hate these night games.
  • Anyone know if this is on Yorkshire radio?

Its on BBCRadio London 94.9, and sky tv 0152.

• Church and Sordell together might spell the end of the hopeful long-ball from defense.

That looks to be something that has been worked on already - against Watford we certainly looked to pass the ball out and did so pretty well - for the most part the long ball was a last resort
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!