Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official CL weekend Lycra warriors thread (cycling)

Comments

• Options
    After much consideration and numerous attempts at riding some sort of distance I think it's time to retire from cycling.

Without going into the gruesome details a couple of years ago I had to have an emergency op on my nether regions, ambulances the lot.
     This has left even wearing padded shorts uncomfortable let alone riding a bike.

so, my whole kit and bike is going. If anyone wants to make reasonable offers for the following..

Merlin Cordite Ultegra with Deda zero stem and s/post, Newton bars, Prologo saddle, Look pedals. Size 56cm.

Morvelo kits, 36" shorts, xxl tops

PM to discuss .
  • Options
    After much consideration and numerous attempts at riding some sort of distance I think it's time to retire from cycling.

Without going into the gruesome details a couple of years ago I had to have an emergency op on my nether regions, ambulances the lot.

so, my whole kit and bike is going. If anyone wants to make reasonable offers for the following..

Merlin Cordite Ultegra with Deda zero stem and s/post, Newton bars, Prologo saddle, Look pedals. Size 56cm.

PM to discuss .
    Sorry to hear you have to give up cycling. I hope you find something else to fill the void.
  • Options
    iainment said:

PM to discuss .
    Sorry to hear you have to give up cycling. I hope you find something else to fill the void.
    Thanks very much. Guitars and mountains should keep me occupied.
  • Options
    iainment said:

PM to discuss .
    Thanks very much. Guitars and mountains should keep me occupied.
    Watch out for the voids on the mountains!
  • Options

PM to discuss .
    Sorry to hear this 😢

Hope the mountains keep you occupied! 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    It has Sora 3x9. So going up to 105 looks the best bet.
    Absolutely, 100% your best bet

On reflection I think Deore is better for me.

I have the fantasy of expedition cycling after all!
  • Options
    TfL announces plans for a cycle route from the Greenwich Foot Tunnel to Canary Wharf and Hackney

https://853london.com/2019/05/09/tfl-unveils-cycle-route-from-greenwich-foot-tunnel-to-canary-wharf-and-hackney/
    I cycle from the foot tunnel to Hackney some days. Other days I use the Woolwich foot tunnel.
    Look forward to this.
  • Options
    Just got in to find our bikes have been stolen from our back garden.
    Spitting feathers. Both on bikeregister so hopefully we might see them again.
    Any tips on where to look if they're being sold on line.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Fucking shitbags. Try the local buy and sell Facebook sites, local boot fairs if there are any round your way on a Saturday morning, Gumtree and the local cash converters for starters. Unless they're high value and nicked to order, they'll generally be punted on for 50 quid to other local cum-rags by the local cum-rags who nicked them

Good luck finding them. Anyone nicked my bike I'd gladly do time for battering them to death 
  • Options
    One is a battered old Sirrus the other a nice Genesis Tour de Fer.
    I need to get better security for when they come back or get replacements.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was so annoyed about lee i went and bought a mountain bike on ebay.

Now i have lee, an angry gf, and a bloke on ebay wanting his money.
  • Options
    olster said:

Top work,

When we got relegated from the Premier I went out supposedly to look at bathrooms and came back with a 911 (and no bathroom), the wife's just about forgiven me.

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    olster said:

Top work,

When we got relegated from the Premier I went out supposedly to look at bathrooms and came back with a 911 (and no bathroom), the wife's just about forgiven me.

I decided to keep the peace at home and incur the wrath of ebay instead (it was a shop and an accepted offer through a message so I don't feel that bad)
  • Options
    Started cycling in May, just had a lovely three days cycling with 9 mates along the Loire from Orleans to Saumur. Wish I had started years ago
  • Options
    Jints said:
    Started cycling in May, just had a lovely three days cycling with 9 mates along the Loire from Orleans to Saumur. Wish I had started years ago
    It's amazing how good it feels. Keeps you fit as well. Can't remember a ride where I've thought 'I don't like this' - even in horrendous weather I'd still rather be on my bike than doing anything else 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    iainment said:
    The police just got in touch. They think they habe my bike!!!

Which is brilliant if true.

So I'm very pleased. Except that I've just spent £900 on a new bike.
    Nothing wrong with that. Everyone knows that the optimum number of bikes you should own is one more than you have. 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    iainment said:
    The police just got in touch. They think they habe my bike!!!

Which is brilliant if true.

So I'm very pleased. Except that I've just spent £900 on a new bike.
    Nothing wrong with that. Everyone knows that the optimum number of bikes you should own is one more than you have. 
    N+1 - the universal rule. That's great news @iainment
  • Options
    Don't do red lights in Greenwich this morning 
  • Options
    I have never seen a set up to catch RLJ car drivers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    olster said:
    There's no need. No car has ever RLJ'd.
  • Options
    olster said:
    I didn't see it either. Hence having to do a course to avoid some points...
  • Options
    Not on this thread please. 
  • Options
    I didn't watch it personally but I've seen quite a backlash to a documentary on Channel 5 last night about cyclists being the scourge of our streets.

Actually just seems to have served to make it less safe for cyclists.
  • Options
    I didn't watch it personally but I've seen quite a backlash to a documentary on Channel 5 last night about cyclists being the scourge of our streets.

Again - not here please. There was a load of 'buzz' about this in the lead-up - discussing it here just gives it the oxygen of publicity it doesn't deserve
  • Options

Again - not here please. There was a load of 'buzz' about this in the lead-up - discussing it here just gives it the oxygen of publicity it doesn't deserve
    Does seem like the logical place to discuss it no?

I'm interested in the opinions of it from CL members, especially fellow cyclist.
  • Options
    As someone that both cycles and drives a van and a car I think that Dave Sherry fella is a dick and will no doubt have someone lay him out pretty soon. 
  • Options

Does seem like the logical place to discuss it no?

I'm interested in the opinions of it from CL members, especially fellow cyclist.
    I get that - but it will inevitably lead to the trolls popping along to give their tuppenorth, and ruining what has until now been a constructive thread. Maybe start a new thread to discuss?