Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Time wasting: Food Phobias

Anyone got an irrational fear/hatred of a particular food? I can't abide bananas for some reason.

Comments

• edited March 2007
    Fish.

It looks ugly and smells bad. There's no way it can be good for you.
  • I absolutely detest tomato's to the point I made the girl I work with leave our room yesterday due to her eating a pasta in tomato sauce.

Just thinking about it making me feel ill....
  • Semolina. They used to force feed it to us in primary school and the dollop of jam didn't make it taste any better. Makes me feel sick just thinking about it....
  • No Tommy K for you Stu?
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]Semolina

That word alone sounds bad.
  • Celery - that crunching noise---ugh
    Rice Pudding - the smell of it...
    Raspberry Jam (not fresh raspberries)
  • always amazes me who many people have a thing about baked beans.

i'll eat anything, and it shows....
  • not a phobia but I don't like hot food that's been left to go cold. How people can put a chinese or indian takeaway in the fridge then eat it the next morning I don't know.

Stu, don't you eat pizza or have Ketchup with chips then?
  • I know of serveral people who freak out at the sight of a sticker on an apple.
  • i will eat anything too, except sprouts, they smell like fart!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]I know of serveral people who freak out at the sight of a sticker on an apple.

I'm one of them. I hate the bloody things (all stickers in general to be honest). I hate even more the idiot crap headed wastes of oxygen who feel they have to exhibit the healthy eating habits by applying their fruit stickers to their monitors.
  • I fudging hate JELLY!!!!!
  • Cauliflower - Fookin orrible
    Turnips -uuurgh
    Parsnips -eeerrgh
  • sprouts.....enough said

(unless it's bubble n squeak and they have brown sauce !)
  • I can honestly say I will eat almost anything.

Except testicles form any animal.

Saw them in a Greek/Lebanese place (I know they are miles away from each other) once and just thought. No
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I can honestly say I will eat almost anything.

Except testicles form any animal.

Saw them in a Greek/Lebanese place (I know they are miles away from each other) once and just thought. No

Bollocks
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Except testicles form any animal.

Misread that first time - thought it said that you'd seen testicles available in a Lesbian restaurant!
  • sprouts, turnips, swede, chicken

.. surprised no one has said Marmite yet!
  • Peas - absolute filth -
  • Don't have any. Hate couscous mind cos it just doesn't taste of anything. Utter waste of time!!

Have eaten brain, testicles, liver etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Sco, I'm also terrified of bananas - the other kids used to chase me around school with them. It was a real-life version of that Monty Python sketch where John Cleese teaches self-defence against attacskers wielding fresh fruit.
  • edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: newyorkaddick[/cite]Sco, I'm also terrified of bananas - the other kids used to chase me around school with them. It was a real-life version of that Monty Python sketch where John Cleese teaches self-defence against attacskers wielding fresh fruit.

Has anyone ever mentioned Sigmund Freud to either of you :- )
  • Sco

Tell me where the lesbian restaurants are and I will there like a bluebottle over faeces
  • Not terrified of them, but i'm also a no banana man (oh-er!)

Oh and don't drink tea- other than that, not fussy
  • edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]No Tommy K for you Stu?
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Stu, don't you eat pizza or have Ketchup with chips then?

That's the irrational part, I don't mind Tommy K (Heinz only) or pizza, but anything else makes me sick.

My ex's mum used to try so hard to get me to eat them, she tried everything, hiding them in food, blending them into mash, she even once threatened to not let me stay the night if I didn't eat at least a little bite of the tomato claiming 'these are nice ones' bloody ridiculous, why can't people just accept some people don't like certain things.
  • Not terrified of them, but i'm also a no banana man (oh-er!)

• [cite]Posted By: stanmoreaddick[/cite]Not terrified of them, but i'm also a no banana man (oh-er!)

Oh yeah forogt about tea - absolutely awful stuff - stains your bloody teeth no ends and taste awful.
  • In the middle ages and later many people in Britain though that the then new tomatoes were poisonous. Tomatos are also a fruit not a vegetable. That's all my tomato trivia used up.

My 8 yo will eat just about anything which means we can take him out to eat at proper restuarants and give him a varied diet but some many of his friends are so fussy it is unbelievable and won't try anything new.
  • edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]In the middle ages and later many people in Britain though that the then new tomatoes were poisonous. Tomatos are also a fruit not a vegetable. That's all my tomato trivia used up.

THEY ARE!

Imagine being told 'if you don't eat that you have nowhere to sleep' not fun, I can tell you.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite] many of his friends are so fussy it is unbelievable and won't try anything new.[/quote]

Kid's birthday parties-eh, nightmare!

Their parents obviously don't subscribe to the "they'll eat when they are hungry" theory that i use, and both of my girls will eat anything.