Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Schmeichel

Tik a boo, son

Two saves from Yann's free kick and header were absolute world class.

You can appreciate quality opposition when you win !

Comments

• Options
    Add to that the closing down on Jordan Cousins chance. Probably the best keeper on the Champ, although kicking bit wayward
  • Options
    Great shot stopper but dodgy from set pieces
  • Options
    The save from Yann's header looked amazing...
  • Options
    Must be save of the season from Yann's header, without seeing the other 42 games. To get it up and out when there was that much power in in the header was incredible.
  • Options
    He was shocking at set pieces though....the two players we had blocking him may have had something to do with that
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    he is .......wait for it ..... quite small to be a (EDIT : Really) top class keeper .. great shot stopper though
  • Options
    great keeper, reminded me of Jack Butland last season, hope their manager doesnt have a go at him he really did well
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Glad I'm not the only one who thought he was amazing. Probably the best keeper in the league. Some top drawer saves.
  • Options
    The save from Yann's header was probably the best I've seen in the flesh in over 30 years of going to football.
  • Options
    Brilliant saves from him!... Although before the corner for morrisons goal, he flapped at that Stephens free kick which led to the corner. I believe?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Here is the save, I didn't realise Church hit the post either, I was probably still in awe of the save:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6aUwzmzH14&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    Probably the best save Ive seen from any keeper at the Valley.
  • Options
    Brilliant save and we got a corner from Church hitting the post!

He played well but he did flap at a few corners during the game.
  • Options
    On a side note, if Stoke don't want Butland can we have him on loan?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'm not trying to be a dick but I'd like to see that from another angle. The angle in the vid isn't great but looks at a pretty decent height for a goalie but he does do well to get it up rather than out. Happy to amend my opinion if it is world class tho.

In terms of saves at the Valley, the Norwich goalie who's at Celtic had the best performance I've seen from a keeper when they beat us 1-0 to win promotion.
  • Options
    Chat with a couple of theirs after says he is good in some bit and less so in others.

Hamer's distribution was bad today. He had the supposed two wide players of the 5 in 3-5-2 running into space away from goal and screaming for the ball and he would still not kick it. Very slow.
  • Options
    The save from Yann's free kick was also top class.
  • Options
    Meh..........Decent keeper would've held it.

;-)
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Chat with a couple of theirs after says he is good in some bit and less so in others.

Hamer's distribution was bad today. He had the supposed two wide players of the 5 in 3-5-2 running into space away from goal and screaming for the ball and he would still not kick it. Very slow.

Some knob behind me was yelling this at Hamer today, in the 94th minute when holding onto it is the best thing. Also kept screaming about him being on Twitter, weird people around today, thought he had a good game.

Scmeichel is a great shot stopper but was terrible at crosses and set pieces, remind you of anyone?
  • Options
    Reminds me of Petterson's save against Palace in about 96. That was past him as well- in fact, Petterson's was probably marginally better because it was bang on the line. Brilliant save though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Early in the second half @rothko said "there's the prime example of someone who's stole a living off his Dad's name" . Kasper then set about worldy after worldy save.
  • Options
    MOM
  • Options
    From what I could see its one of the best saves I've ever witnessed.

As an ex goalkeeper I appreciate keepers and that was absolutely stunning.

The free kick wasn't anything special but from kermy's header was special. I said before the game he's possibly the best keeper in the country outside the premiership.
  • Options
    Mike said:

This. And that's why he's not playing for a Prem side I'd say.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Just got in, two great saves but the last one was totally brilliant.

I was in NWQ and that save was top top drawer, a better angle than that video.

His kicking is shite though!
  • Options
    Mike said:

Spot on. Why he's not a top flight keeper
  • Options
    Pettersons save v palace was the best save imo.
  • Options
    CP and the team had him worked out. Good reactions but not a 'physical' keeper so pressurise him from set plays. And it paid off perfectly. Yes he made some wonderful saves but two corners found him unable to get out to claim the ball and two good headers won us the game.
  • Options

CP and the team had him worked out. Good reactions but not a 'physical' keeper so pressurise him from set plays. And it paid off perfectly. Yes he made some wonderful saves but two corners found him unable to get out to claim the ball and two good headers won us the game.

Kudos to the coaches and scouts for knowing that and exploiting it.
  • Options
    I must also add he was a decent sport also, his celebration of their being given a free kick was returned with interest but he just smiled and laughed it off, so fair play to the guy. And even at those set pieces he didn't feel the need to give his own defenders a bollocking. Referee, yes, team mates, no.