Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football For a Fiver (Actually it's £6) - Wigan, 27th October

13»

Comments

• TelMc32 said:

What happened to Demelza?

The Club signed up to Capital & Help A London Child, but did say they would continue to support their local charities. I hope that means Demelza will still benefit, maybe more so given the increased exposure that Capital will be able to bring.
    I imagine Demelza will probably be encouraged to apply for a grant from HALC and they will continue to receive 'in kind' donationd from the club, rather than money.
  • Football for a fiver.

How much ? 6 pounds

Stupido
  • Soccer for a Sixer?

:)
  • If you ring up for a ticket am I right in thinking this becomes soccer for a sevener? So 40% more than the advertised price?

As someone once said, its not the money, it's the principle. Good intentions maybe, but someone who has never been before gets the message that CAFC says one thing and does another. Hope it works out ok on the day and sorry I will have to miss it. My guess is 20,500.
  • edited October 2013
    razil said:

Soccer for a Sixer?
    :)
    I used to be one of those 'Be Prepared' :-)

• Selling tickets cheap to get the stadium full and give some money to charity is a crap idea.

Some people.
  • PL54 said:

Selling tickets cheap to get the stadium full and give some money to charity is a crap idea.

Some people.

Yes, that is exactly what 'people' are saying..........

• If you ring up for a ticket am I right in thinking this becomes soccer for a sevener? So 40% more than the advertised price?

As someone once said, its not the money, it's the principle. Good intentions maybe, but someone who has never been before gets the message that CAFC says one thing and does another. Hope it works out ok on the day and sorry I will have to miss it. My guess is 20,500.

Yes it comes to £7 with the £1 booking fee! I wonder how many times they will have to explain that to people.

Although it's unlikely, someone could turn up with £20 to buy 4 tickets and not have enough. We'll probably sell out anyway though due to the glamorous European opposition!