Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The best apps (updated)

Comments

• Bumpage

Lifelog on the Sony Xperia Z3 is quite cool
  • Any new apps that are worth a go?
  • Any new decent apps
  • Reviving an old thread to say that Lemmings is now an app and i like this news very much.
    Brings back memories of one of my favourite computer games.
  • Reviving an old thread to say that Lemmings is now an app and i like this news very much.
    I loved Lemmings, gonna hunt this down, thank you! 
  • Gets to 100% loaded and then won't open  :(
  • Does anyone on here play pro snooker 2019

Fed up with playing the computer it gets easy after a while, try to play online but people either take to long on their shots or quit if u pot a few balls.
  • Any current time waster apps that people can recommend ?

thinking for on the tube or on the bog !!!
  • MrOneLung said:
    Any current time waster apps that people can recommend ?

Threes
  • PDC Darts is very good, difficult though. I only have a three dart average of 73, enjoyable nonetheless.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Any current time waster apps that people can recommend ?

Threes

Someone should float a new version...twos!  :-:wink:
  • edited April 2020
    Anyone played the Seven interactive series

First one was released in December 2018
    Second was released in January 2020

I downloaded the 2nd one last week(completed the first one when it 1st came out) and thanks to lockdown and boredom if being on my own after spending hours and hours playing it, I completed it yesterday.

Storyline was excellent some brilliant twists and turns along the way, the hacker side game can get a bit repetitive but its still good and challenges you.

They have left it open for a number 3 so hoping that is being worked on and will be released early 2021.

• Just downloaded Help Annie now, which from looking online is kind of along the same lines, so hoping it will be as good
  • If you've got an android... download the "world map quiz" app.

Really good test and will build your general knowledge and solidify it.

I was not very good at it to start off with!

After a few weeks...will probably make you think you can go on the gameshow pointless.
  • Dave2l said:
    If you've got an android... download the "world map quiz" app.

After a few weeks...will probably make you think you can go on the gameshow pointless.
    If you like quiz apps i recommend these 2

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.shapkin.moviequiz

With that one complete the main 750 first, then go onto the new section they keep adding whole new categories, so after the main 750 movies(there is the odd tv show as well)

You then have 75 on each of the following categories
    Horror 
    French 
    Comedies
    Detective 
    Action
    Cartoons
    Fantasy 
    War
    Sci Fi 1
    Sci Fi 2
    Soviet 

Also there is

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.shapkin.famouspeoplequiz

Now on this the first few rounds are easy, but as you get on it gets alot tougher, i am currently on level 30 and have got 1 of the writters so far lol
  • Dave2l said:
    If you've got an android... download the "world map quiz" app.

Pointless really, as they’re not recording any atm.
  • anyone on here played Nobodies 

Saw it in the app store and it looked good so gave it a try, one of the adventure puzzle games I have played, very challenging and very addictive.

Shame there is currently only 10 levels, but it does say level 11 is coming soon
  • edited August 2020
    Currently hooked on Scribble Rider at the moment.
  • edited August 2020
    For all you Crash Bandicoot fans, its coming to the app store soon available to pre register here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.king.crash

Although I have been pre registered for about a month now lol so god knows when its actually coming 
  • edited August 2020
    Reviving an old thread to say that Lemmings is now an app and i like this news very much.
    Just reading that has put the "March of the Mods" music in my head. Before looking it up just now, I didn't realise that it was called that or how clever that makes @aliwibble's avatar.

I'm rather more pleased with myself for figuring out (before double checking on the internet) that both the main Lemmings theme "Take Good Care of My Lemmings" and Green Day's Basket Case are both based on Pachobel's Canon. 

I can see I'm going to have to get the old Playstation out of the loft now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Reface. Hilarious and disturbing
  • edited August 2020
    Stig said:
    Reviving an old thread to say that Lemmings is now an app and i like this news very much.
    Just reading that has put the "March of the Mods" music in my head. Before looking it up just now, I didn't realise that it was called that or how clever that makes @aliwibble's avatar.
    Sadly it's just a happy accident. I had the Lemmings miner picture as my avatar years ago, as you can see from the old Vimeo profile I set up to upload various Charlton related video stuff . The more recent version is because I finally managed to find a decent sized image of an exploder lemming, and the "Oh no! *boom*" sound effect immediately springs to mind whenever I see how many new posts there are on the Shenanigans thread  (spent far too much time as a student on my mate's amiga nuking lemmings cos we'd borked another level).
    For those of you that have no idea what the hell I'm on about, watch this:
  • Currently hooked on Scribble Rider at the moment.
    Just dont get this game. I just do a large circle or a straight line when in water and don’t think I have lost a game 
  • App stands for application not appliance.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Currently hooked on Scribble Rider at the moment.
    Just dont get this game. I just do a large circle or a straight line when in water and don’t think I have lost a game 
    Yes I soon gave up after about a week of playing. 

Now moved on to F1 Manager.... I’ll probably be playing something else in a week lol 

For me, mobile games don’t really have much longevity. 
  • Anyone played the Seven interactive series

First one was released in December 2018
    Second was released in January 2020

I downloaded the 2nd one last week(completed the first one when it 1st came out) and thanks to lockdown and boredom if being on my own after spending hours and hours playing it, I completed it yesterday.

Storyline was excellent some brilliant twists and turns along the way, the hacker side game can get a bit repetitive but its still good and challenges you.

They have left it open for a number 3 so hoping that is being worked on and will be released early 2021.

So while im still awaiting the makers releasing the 3rd installment which im hoping will be by the end  of this year, I was look around to see if there was an other games like it and came across Duskwood.

As with the Seven interactive series there is a text based storymode which itself is very interesting with little calls and video calls, its very well done, then there is also the little side matchy game when you need to hack something.

Played it pretty much every day in May/June and got to the end of episode 8 just waiting on episode 9 to eventually be released but Everbyte are taken their time lol

Saw it in the app store and it looked good so gave it a try, one of the adventure puzzle games I have played, very challenging and very addictive.

Shame there is currently only 10 levels, but it does say level 11 is coming soon
    They finished this at level 13, but there has been a little thing on tbe app saying a whole new game was in progress Nobodies "After Dark" and its due Q4 in 2021 so im guessing anytime after October really, but should be good as Nobodies was really fun to play and challenging 
  • Will have to have a look at those two paulie 

They finished this at level 13, but there has been a little thing on tbe app saying a whole new game was in progress Nobodies "After Dark" and its due Q4 in 2021 so im guessing anytime after October really, but should be good as Nobodies was really fun to play and challenging 
    After Dark was released yesterday.

Brilliant like the first one, but a mixture of boredom from self isolation and being desperate to play it meant I completed it within the first 24 hours of it being released 🤣🤣

There are still a couple more levels pending by the looks of it so hopefully the drop soon
  • Was gonna say will have a look at those paulie but then I noticed I said that the previous post !! 

Will have to try them out this time !