Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Celebrity Big Brother...

2»

Comments

• So glad those irritating little twats Jedward didn't win it.
  • Me too. I never realised you could get an award for smoking.
  • edited February 2017

Is that O'Hara fella still a pro footballer? Did his chances a world of good with all that boozing and vaping whilst he was in there. Strange!

As for the woman who has a cleaning show. Genuinely got psychological issues that she needs help with.

O'Hara has no club. He was injured, so requested that Gillingham tear up his contract, as he wasn't fit to play.
    Wow!! Did a great job of advertising his availability then!! Truly bizarre. As one of the other 'housemates' mentioned earlier on - washed up!
  • dizzee said:
    I like her to be honest.

She's a bit of a loose cannon.

I don't actually know why I like her.
  • Is that O'Hara fella still a pro footballer? Did his chances a world of good with all that boozing and vaping whilst he was in there. Strange!

As for the woman who has a cleaning show. Genuinely got psychological issues that she needs help with.

O'Hara has no club. He was injured, so requested that Gillingham tear up his contract, as he wasn't fit to play.
    Wow!! Did a great job of advertising his availability then!! Truly bizarre. As one of the other 'housemates' mentioned earlier on - washed up!

What's he supposed to do, kick up with a potato every time he's near a camera ?

• think o hara had to go in there to get money owing to bad debt and the whole danielle lloyd maintenence fees etc, did get me thinking what do these footballers do when they retire the good ones go into punditry, but the likes of ohara granted they earn a lot but majority of people live beyond there means, average age of retirement is what 35? so what do they do for the next 40/50 years.
  • If I was earning £15k a week (conservative estimate for Ohara), that's £11 million over a 15 year period (20 to 35) I'd have at least one decent house paid for and I would've put €7.5k a week into some sort of pension/trust or started some sort of business during my playing days.
  • If I was earning £15k a week (conservative estimate for Ohara), that's £11 million over a 15 year period (20 to 35) I'd have at least one decent house paid for and I would've put €7.5k a week into some sort of pension/trust or started some sort of business during my playing days.

Easy to say what we would do...... But in all honesty how many people put half of their income away into a fund to remain unseen for years? As much as the theory is sound and responsible there will always be an element of living in the now.

• People, especially those without a decent support setup and advice, don't know how to future plan and spend whatever they make and probably beyond that. If his parents weren't strict and didn't make him think he needed to put some aside for when the gravy train ended, then his new friends are hardly likely to. It is sad but people like to have the best of everything they can afford and it is mad worse when your peers compare their stuff to yours.

However then you have the odd player like Klinsmann and his convertible white beetle.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2017

If I was earning £15k a week (conservative estimate for Ohara), that's £11 million over a 15 year period (20 to 35) I'd have at least one decent house paid for and I would've put €7.5k a week into some sort of pension/trust or started some sort of business during my playing days.

Easy to say what we would do...... But in all honesty how many people put half of their income away into a fund to remain unseen for years? As much as the theory is sound and responsible there will always be an element of living in the now.

I'm sure most of us would if our career had a maximum shelf life of 15 years

It's all relative mate imo. I don't earn enough to put anything away, but I would put away what I could afford if I could afford it.

Don't get me wrong, I love people earning shed loads of money, good luck to em, but I find it hard to find sympathy for anyone who just spunks that sort of dough up the wall. If if was a bad business deal fair enough...

This ain't about Ohara, more the modern day expro in general

I wouldn't, I'd be spunking it as fast as I could before I inevitably failed a drugs test and got sacked.

It's all relative mate imo. I don't earn enough to put anything away, but I would put away what I could afford if I could afford it.

Don't get me wrong, I love people earning shed loads of money, good luck to em, but I find it hard to find sympathy for anyone who just spunks that sort of dough up the wall. If if was a bad business deal fair enough...

This ain't about Ohara, more the modern day expro in general

Agreed. Not much sympathy for not having nothing to show after a decade or more earning that kind of money. Reminds me of the film, Brewster's Millions.
  • Retired footballers with those kind of wages SHOULD BE completely fine.

All they got to do is still be aware of the value of money.

Think, be smart, be aware and be careful.

Financially, it's a dream lifestyle.
  • And... Bianca and Jamie are over already. Shock.
  • Huskaris said:

And... Bianca and Jamie are over already. Shock.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Huskaris said:

And... Bianca and Jamie are over already. Shock.

I don't normally get effected by this sorted of thing, but gutted for em
  • Such a shitbag, cancelling his own contract because he was injured, when he could have taken Gillingham for a ride, against advice PFA gave him.
  • Such a shitbag, cancelling his own contract because he was injured, when he could have taken Gillingham for a ride, against advice PFA gave him.

What are you going on about ? It was obviously an honourable thing to do and I've not read anyone criticising him for it.
    Why on earth would they ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't footballers have 10% of their wages automatically paid into the PFA pension scheme?
  • MrOneLung said:

Don't footballers have 10% of their wages automatically paid into the PFA pension scheme?

They probably can't touch that money until they're 55, so there could be a twenty years gap.