Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sponsorship for Charlton Life charity games - PLEASE READ

Guys and girls,

am pleased to announce the sponsorship doors are now open !!

All - a justgiving site has now been created. If you are able to contribute in any way to help us raise as much funds as we can for Demelza, your support will be much appreciated. Please visit the link below:

http://www.justgiving.com/charltonlife

Players - Tonight i will be mailing out a copy of seperate forms for you to print out if you so wish. You have three choices when it comes down to raising your sponsorship:

1. You can get all your friends, family and collegues to donate straight to the justgiving site linked above. This way you will not have to handle any cash, gift aid will be taking care of etc. PLEASE NOTE: If you are getting others to donate, please make sure they mention YOUR NAME in the comments section, that way we can keep track of individual efforts.

2. You can print out the forms i send you, collect that way, and we'll arrange for a payment to be made at the / after the event.

3. A combination of 1 and 2.

I will stress, the more we can get donated direct through the above account, the more beneficial and easier it will be for everyone. And remind them to include your names.

The target we've set is an ambitious one, but i really think if everyone mucks in we can break through it.

Details of raffle / auction will be announced nearer the time.

I'm still waiting on a lot of players to reply to my email. If for some reason you did not reply to it, i basically need to know the following points:

Left footed or right footed...

Favourite position...

Other positions can play if necessary...

A rough idea on fitness level....(10 mins max, a half, could jog about for
60 etc)

Standard (haven't kicked a ball in 20 years, currently play sunday football,
used to play regularly, play 5 a side ok etc)

please reply to charltonlifecharity@hotmail.co.uk

thanks
AFKA

Comments

• Marvellous. I think it will be a great success.

Happy sponsoring everyone.
  • Very good cause
  • NOTE - when i said 'get donators to mention your name in the comments', you can go with either your real name OR your user name.

Don't feel you have to use your user name, i suspect most people won't want to share that with work people etc.
  • just seen the first donation in, well done Kets !
  • Just a point, but an important one...if you use this service...make sure you tick the Gift Aid box which means the charity can claim the tax back on your donations.

In fact AFKA...can you amend your post to make this clear? Not everyone might read this far down.
  • good point, will amend the page
  • for people not doing sponsors on-line, is there a small flyer or info sheet on demelza accompanying the form?
  • small bit of blurb at the top of the sponsor form explaining about demelza
  • some people seem to be putting their username in the 'display name' bit when sponsoring on-line. i have told my potential on-line sponsors to put their name in that bit and my name in the comment bit. is this right?
    saying that dave ebery is 1 of my sponsors and all he has mentioned in the comments box is 'dave' (me).
    do we need to keep tally of how much individually we have raised on the just giving site?
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]some people seem to be putting their username in the 'display name' bit when sponsoring on-line. i have told my potential on-line sponsors to put their name in that bit and my name in the comment bit. is this right?
    saying that dave ebery is 1 of my sponsors and all he has mentioned in the comments box is 'dave' (me).
    do we need to keep tally of how much individually we have raised on the just giving site?

good point PBS.

the bottom line is there is no 'rules' to this as such, the only sole objective is to raise as much money as we can and everyone to muck in and feel a part of it, rather than just turning up for a football match. And in no way do we want to make fundraising competitive, but it would be nice to keep track on who is doing their bit etc and also a bit of recognition for those that have clearly put in a lot of effort.

If i could advise on a suggested format to tell others, it would be for the donator to put their own name in the on-line sponsors box, and them to mention your FULL NAME in the comment bit, ie 'All the best to JOE BLOGGS and everyone on the day'

ALL - having a mare with that other email account and couldn't get the sponsorship forms out. Will try doing it from a seperate account today
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Just a point, but an important one...if you use this service...make sure you tick the Gift Aid box which means the charity can claim the tax back on your donations.

In fact AFKA...can you amend your post to make this clear? Not everyone might read this far down.

I completely agree with BFR's sentiments re Gift Aid however it is important to stress that you can only gift aid a donation if you are a UK taxpayer.

If that applies Gift aid is by far the best way to give.
  • Big Banner up on the Valley Flags site flagging this up
  • Sponsorship forms should be winging their way out to all of you between now and tonight, having to do it in shifts !

Well done to all those that you who have already got the justgiving site up near £500 in just 24hrs.

There seems to be a fair few of you at investment banks so it will be interesting to see where the bonuses went this year !!!
  • Kurt the dopey git forgot my name!
  • edited March 2007
  • Someone asked me how on earth I qualified for this ' a collection of unfit , untalented and overweight Charlton supporters ' ........
  • they never knew you were a Charlton supporter ?
  • sorry to ask what is probably straight forward question.
    people that sponsor me (not by just giving) fill in my sponsor form, i collect the money then can i transfer the amount through just giving as and when i get it? or all in 1 go when all collected? or bring it down to the match?
  • what ever you prefer. if you wish to put it in your account, then do the transfer yourself then great, and probably the best as you go along. May be best if you put 'form transfer' in the comments if you do this.

either way is fine, though i would have a slight preference for not having too much cash to handle on the day.

note if collecting via forms, you'll be required to forward the forms just to ensure that there is no way you could be accused of dipping in, and all the figures everywhere tally. Not that any one could either be so low you would think, but sadly is does happen.
  • Shag your girls can type so young? im amazed.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Shag your girls can type so young? im amazed.

Clever kids eh , take after me

Pocket money has to go up now though
  • Maria, seems a lot of people would like to see photos of you playing football... Either you pay me a lot of money for the rights (to the charity of course), or I'll negotiate a good rate with your sponsors....
  • edited March 2007
    £900 on the just giving site in less than 48 hours. brilliant.
  • edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Maria, seems a lot of people would like to see photos of you playing football... Either you pay me a lot of money for the rights (to the charity of course), or I'll negotiate a good rate with your sponsors....

As long as the money keeps rolling in I don't mind who sees the photo's!!!! All for a good cause!

;-)

Mx
  • edited March 2007
    I'll stick that quote under your nose in late May mate...

;-)
  • edited March 2007
    THANKS!!!!

Mx
  • Good luck to everyone brave enough to take part in this (my big bruv being one of you!). For those collecting sponsorship via the old-fashioned route, please be sure that pledgers are aware of the info they need to declare in order for the charity to actually claim the gift aid:

Gift aid rules

Donors must:
    pay enough UK income tax and/or capital gains tax themselves to cover the amount of tax the charity will reclaim;
    give the charity a gift aid declaration, which should include
    - their name
    - their home address
    - the charity’s name
    - details of the donation – saying that it is a gift aid donation
    - confirmation that they have paid UK tax – to cover the tax the charity will reclaim.

Havent seen the sponsorship form so apols if this is all clear on it!

Looking forward to the event - already got the afternoon off work so I can come and support in person!
  • cheer RRH, we're hoping to get around this by those who are collecting cash, to then make a payment to the justgiving site themselves, and selecting the gift aid option.

is there anything there that you think won't work ?
  • That should work - assuming they are all tax payers!
  • £1,000 raised in 48 hours !

Considering it looks like only about 6 people have got on with this yet, that's absolutely fantastic. Thanks to everyone who has given so far.

http://www.justgiving.com/charltonlife