Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sons of the Rock

Gentlemen and Ladies. As part of my enforced layover in Bonny Scotland I am taking in the Dumbarton v Morton match this Saturday at the Strathclyde Homes Stadium. Just a call out to anyone who has been, parking advice etc. Got most of the info I need off of Google but any first hand tips would be appreciated (apart from don't bother of course). Hope to provide an account of the day on CL.

Up The Sons...

Comments

• I have a book: 'Vanished Kingdoms (The History of Half-Forgotten Europe)' by Norman Davies. One of his 'lost stories' is 'Alt Clud', a k a Dumbarton, the Kingdom of The Rock. It is a fascinating, yet complicated story; MacBeth, MacDuff, all those wild, mad and murderous clans, it is really the story of the evolution of Scotland as a quasi unified country during which Alt Clud played a leading role. A good read.
    I hope that you enjoy the game Mr Jones
  • How exciting, if you enjoy the game you can become Member Number: 0000000002 of the Dumbarton Addicks Supporters Club!

As my name suggests I'm a Dumbarton supporter and my wee English team is Charlton. So what to tell you about the (note change of name) Bet Butler Stadium? Parking at the ground costs £2, I think, although that gives you a ticket for the half time draw - but there's usually plenty of space available in the streets surrounding the ground. Morton usually bring a decent support but there's always plenty of space in the Dumbarton end. You'll notice an atmosphere that makes the West Stand sound like manic happy clappers! There's a bar inside the ground for home supporters only - open from just before 1pm I think.

There's not too much linking CAFC and DFC to the best of my knowledge, although Dumbarton have just signed Colin Nish who I Iast saw playing for Hartlepool against Charlton, when we won 4-0 a couple of years ago and Dumbarton's best player is also a right back.

PM me if you need any more info and if you fancy a pint or require interpretation services, I'd be happy to help a fellow Addick!

Cheers

Roddy
  • I'm number 3.

I've always "looked" for Dumbarton's results since I was about 5 years old. No real idea why, other than I had those Football League Tables & tabs from the comic Goal I think & Dumbarton's tab was yellow & black, which possibly attracted me.
  • addickson said:

How exciting, if you enjoy the game you can become Member Number: 0000000002 of the Dumbarton Addicks Supporters Club!

As my name suggests I'm a Dumbarton supporter and my wee English team is Charlton. So what to tell you about the (note change of name) Bet Butler Stadium? Parking at the ground costs £2, I think, although that gives you a ticket for the half time draw - but there's usually plenty of space available in the streets surrounding the ground. Morton usually bring a decent support but there's always plenty of space in the Dumbarton end. You'll notice an atmosphere that makes the West Stand sound like manic happy clappers! There's a bar inside the ground for home supporters only - open from just before 1pm I think.

There's not too much linking CAFC and DFC to the best of my knowledge, although Dumbarton have just signed Colin Nish who I Iast saw playing for Hartlepool against Charlton, when we won 4-0 a couple of years ago and Dumbarton's best player is also a right back.

PM me if you need any more info and if you fancy a pint or require interpretation services, I'd be happy to help a fellow Addick!

Cheers

Roddy

Nice one Roddy. Will PM you by Friday.