Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Surprising Statistic Thread.

I have to admit that I'm not the firmest believer in the "stats don't lie" principle when it comes to football e.g they would suggest that Peter Crouch is an international class footballer... ;-)

Sometimes though you read a statistic or fact that you just can't believe is true (even though they normally are).

Today for example I read that Newcastle have won just TWICE in Manchester in the last 41 years, having played 54 league games there. Okay NUFC have been pretty poor at times over that period but then again City have had some rubbish sides and even United on occasions must have been below par.

That must be far worse than even our record versus the Spanners!

Comments

• Options
    Well that's my re-run of Monday night Football ruined.
  • Options
    JT said:

Well that's my re-run of Monday night Football ruined.

Hilarious. Let's move on eh?

• Options
    Since 1937, Man utd have had at least one player in their first team matchday squads who has come through their youth ranks.
  • Options
    Rooney has had hair, lost it, bought new hair and lost that since Arsenal last won a trophey
  • Options

Since 1937, Man utd have had at least one player in their first team matchday squads who has come through their youth ranks.

Does that include players they've bought from other clubs when they were 16/17 though?
  • Options

That streak was ended a couple of years ago.

• Options

That streak was ended a couple of years ago.

i thought the 'played a part in every match' stat ended a couple of years ago.

i stand corrected if wrong though.

• Options
    surprisingagefootball.tumblr.com/

There really is a site out there on everything isn't there.

Olly Murs is older than Zabaleta. Well I never.
  • Options
    two stats I heard over the weekend made me look twice; 1) our 6-0 win at Barnsley last year EQUALLED their heaviest ever home defeat and that Newcastles defeat last night was their heaviest away for 40-odd years............I would have thought both teams would suffered heavier defeats than that.
  • Options
    Welling United. Just one defeat in 44 league games at home.