Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boxing tonight

Comments

• Options
    Saw Big Josh fight at the Olympics, hope he does well tonight.
  • Options
    Mitchell looked good tonight, all be it against an opponent not in the best shape.
    Back to his best? Would like to see the fight with Matthews next
  • Options
    From what Eddie just said looks like thats whats happening. Couldnt believe how out of shape Lopez was. Kev did look sharp though.
  • Options
    Salinas looks a decent fighter. Quigg is in a good fight here.
  • Options
    Salinas is seriously overpriced at 5/1
    closer fight than that suggests
  • Options
    Still 5/1?
  • Options
    Don't know about before the fight, it was 5/1 Friday morning.
    Very close fight, think Quigg came on strong and just done enough imo, but wouldn't rule out the draw
  • Options
    Draw was a fair result imo, Quigg came on a little too late to win.

Joshua looks a talent (ignoring the little holding behind the head and punching)
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing him fight a somebody but good start
  • Options
    lol that bloke he fault was just a patsy. wonder how much he got bought for
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Started against an unbeaten fighter so they might be looking to move him up quickly. Hopefully he's not moved too quickly, as heavyweight is a dangerous division for inexperienced fighters (See: Price).
  • Options
    Listening to interviews he is set for 2 more fights this year then the plan is 8 fights in 2014 with a British title at the end of it.
  • Options
    Looking forward to Barker / Sturm now. Risky for Darren to take the fight in Sturm's backyard, but has a guaranteed return if it goes wrong.

I don't think it will & Sturm's "Return to the Top" will be short-lived!
  • Options
    Cracking atmosphere. Come on Dazzler
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Not a great first round for Barker.
  • Options
    Hmmm...that's not the way Sturm has fought recently. Could be tastier than I thought.
  • Options
    Well that didn't last very long .
  • Options
    No wonder Sturm stumped up the cash for this fight. He's totally different to recent fights. Awful for Barker...poor tactics, but hats off to Sturm. Awesome, getting everything right. How wrong was I!!!
  • Options
    Strum was just to good and strong
  • Options
    I don't think barker was fit. Just too much money on the line to pull out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All credit to him. Knew it was all or nothing on this fight and changed his normal style completely. Thoroughly deserved...completely wrong tactics from Darren.
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see if Barker wants the rematch, if he thinks the injury played a big part he'd be wanting it immediately.
  • Options
    He was all over the place any way.
  • Options
    The opinion I got from the build up was that is was a huge payday plus they had the rematch sorted, so at least had that but Sturm looked worthy of the dough. Clearly very up or it. If hes fucked his hip properly could be game over
  • Options
    He has said in past interviews that he wouldn't go through it all again (recovering after his hip injury in 2010). If it is the same injury and is as serious he could call it a day.
  • Options
    That was a man who was clearly not fit and even in all the interviews he couldn't help but mention the money he was getting which to me always suggested a poor showing was on the cards
  • Options
    The bookies got this one completely wrong.
  • Options
    The English bookies.
  • Options
    Barker has announced his retirement according to talkSPORT .. a wise move if true
  • Options
    Anyone picking Burns tonight?

I'd love him to win it but I really rate Crawford, seen him 4 or 5 times and think he is the worlds best at the weight.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!