Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Barnsley post-match news and views 2013

Not covering ourselves in glory by any means, but a decent second half fight back earns us a point. Also, Cousins and Church deserve praise for taking their chances.

Over to you.

Comments

• Options
    Reallllllllllly hope that's not the kind of season we're in for.
  • Options
    They can still fight back, that's a real positive for me.
  • Options
    Can I post prem scores yet?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    FT stats addicks first-:
    possession...............46% - 54%
    shots on..................5 - 7
    shots off................. 1 - 11
    corners................... 5 - 8

GOALS....................... 2-2

Thats it from me for today...........hope updates were ok...........Cheers
  • Options
    Palace ninth in the premiership at 5pm on the opening day. I'd say their season has peaked before they've even kicked a ball.

Charlton 20th and the best is yet to come.
  • Options
    Great fight back, but why are we almost always shite first half?
  • Options
    Just read the match thread. Embarrassing comments from some., wetting their knickers and blaming all and sundry.

Wonder if they will reappear on this thread to dish out some credit.
  • Options
    Showed a bit of bottle and they can build on that comeback. Squad still lacking in midfield and unless its addressed we are in for a long season. Buckle up.
  • Options
    Still some fight and guts but it was Barnsley.

Very pleased for Cousins. Deserves it after a long wait.

Still worry that we are conceding but Millwall lost and are bottom so can't be too unhappy.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    First point of the season but we're not yet "up and running", gotta build and take three against Doncaster next weekend now.

Wasn't there so can't comment but would love to know how the three C's did: Church, Cort and Cousins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Positives are Cousins and how we turned the tide. Negatives are that we were a bit fortunate and when an unlikely 3 points were flashing on the horizon, we decide to go negative! Maybe that was the right thing to do and we can build on that point but it goes against my instincts to say that - I really do think the game was there for the winning. Pritchard and Cousins in middle if JJ not fit next week for me!
  • Options

Palace ninth in the premiership at 5pm on the opening day. I'd say their season has peaked before they've even kicked a ball.

Charlton 20th and the best is yet to come.

And look who's 24th!
  • Options
    Hopefully that performance has moved Cousins closer to starting in the midfield.

Need to be starting better, can't always try and come back every week.
  • Options
    Phew, we sounded awful for 60 minutes, we know we lack a midfield but one thing this squad doesn't lack is determination or fight when the going gets tough.

Now please Jiminez and Slater sort out the mess behind the scenes so we can actually move forward on the pitch
  • Options
    point against all hope, that's what it sounded like on the commentary. Let's build on it from here forwards
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Wasn't listening to the commentary so not sure if we necessarily played much better but promising that we turned it around after Cousins came on. Despite the comeback obviously concerning that Barnsley dominated a lot of the game and scored 2 goals depsite being pretty rubbish.

Still, hopefully Cousins can start now and get us some energy we need, not sure how Wilson done but I presume Pritchard will be an improvement in that regard as well. I think some people have gone overboard on Sordell's first few games but hopefully Church can get a run of games now as he seems the most likely to get goals for us at the moment.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Not sure why our first half displays are so poor. At least Powell rectified this at half time. Would like to see Cort and Dervite at the back. Cousins will start next week and I wonder if that's the last we've seen of Stephens in a Charlton shirt.

Did Gower improve having Cousins alongside him? Seems that Cousins could be the up and down the pitch player which will allow either Jackson or Gower to play more holding and dictate the play?
  • Options
    My Barnsley mate started gloating at 2-0. Feels like a win
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    We seem better when we try to be positive. Maybe we need to set out to win a game rather than not to lose it.
  • Options
    Two mediocre teams out there today. Yes, a good fightback but nothing to get over excited about. Still think there's plenty to work on and would like to see the youngsters given a decent run out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well it sounds like we clawed our way back into the game on the back of a way under par performance. The end result is at least an away point in the grim up north region, but surely there is a lot to learn from this game.
    For me we need Pritchard back simply because in midfield he is usually everywhere putting in a great shift. Not on the right though, where Wilson and Solly could develop a reliable understanding.
    I also looks as if Calum is doing OK, he was fouling and dribbling and all sorts according to the commentary, he has the ability to create a few chances for us.
    I hope we can also sort out the 'who plays with Yann' conundrum, which is still a work in progress.
    The fact that we came back from 0-2 today shows that there is at least a little bit of team spirit in the side.
    Lets edge forward, maybe a clean sheet will eventually be possible.
  • Options
    Good substitutions by Powell especially introducing Jordan Cousins for his league (as opposed to cup) debut.

A bit of energy in midfield in this league goes a long way and the second half comeback illustrated that by the sound of it.
  • Options
    Can Powelly give them a rollocking before the KO please!
  • Options
    Would be interesting to see what effect a midfield of Cousins and pritchard has!
  • Options
    20th in the league (not that it matters at this stage) and nice to see the team at the bottom !

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table

Wasn't there today but the first half sounded like we had players not giving 100% which is unacceptable and seems as though Chrissy reminded them of that at half time.
  • Options
    Its a big phew from me. Turned off SSN at 0-2,

Season off and running. Don't care that we went all negative at 2-2 CP knows getting a foothold in the season extremely important.

Very happy that Cousins scored - its our home grown talent that is likely to make a difference when money is tight. Church scoring can only help the seasons cause.
  • Options
    Pritchard, Cousins, Jacko, Harriot when all fit??
  • Options
    Happy with that after a poor start. Pleased for Cousins, will surely see a much more energetic midfield if he starts next week and Pritchard returns to the side. If we can't outplay teams we at least need to out work and out run them. Good to see Church make an impact with a goal - Sordell needs to improve if he's going to get his place back.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I think a midfield three of Jackson, cousins and Pritchard would be very interesting, especially away. Kerm up on his own with Harriot supporting on left and Sordell/Wilson? on right
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

I think a midfield three of Jackson, cousins and Pritchard would be very interesting, especially away. Kerm up on his own with Harriot supporting on left and Sordell/Wilson? on right

Please please not one up front.