Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Barnsley match thread 17/8/13

edited August 2013 in General Charlton
Afternoon all, so is today the day we finally get our league season up and running??? 3 points will be very welcome and I think we can get them..........all usual stuff here...will bring you the teams as soon as i have them..............COYR's

Comments

• Options
    So its you thats the Jonah, the 3 points will turn up when they do. Not when we expect them. ;)
  • Options
    We're going to lose :(! (Saying that in hope that we win)
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

So its you thats the Jonah, the 3 points will turn up when they do. Not when we expect them. ;)

Afternoon @TCE mate....seen the thread on unusual model? LOL ;-)
  • Options
    Thanks again Redm! Let's hope to get at least a point on the board today, I might start worrying otherwise.

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 45s
    Team news will be with us shortly we're told. COYA! (JS) #cafc
  • Options

T.C.E said:

Afternoon @TCE mate....seen the thread on unusual model? LOL ;-)
    I have indeed ;(

• Options
    @TCE, sent you an inbox message
  • Options
    First game I've missed for a while so looking forward to your commentary !

Has anyone seen this before ?
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130817-barnsley-live-blog-997444.aspx
  • Options
    James Westlake @‏08Westlake 5m
    Fantastic win for #CAFC U18 side away at Bristol City. A 6-0 thumping is the perfect start. Well done chaps!
    Retweeted by Charlton Live
  • Options
    Afternoon all
  • Options

Afternoon all

Afternoon AFKA, dont think Lanc Lad is updating Champ scores today as he is at the match I believe, can someone do it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Afternoon all
  • Options
    Charlton: Hamer; Wiggins, Solly, Dervite, Morrison (c); Wilson, Harriott, Gower, Stephens; Church, Kermorgant
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Charlton: Hamer; Wiggins, Solly, Dervite, Morrison (c); Wilson, Harriott, Gower, Stephens; Church, Kermorgant
  • Options
    Charlton subs: Pope, Evina, Cort, Green, Cousins, Sordell, Pigott
  • Options
    So Sordell on bench and Church comes in...Wilson in place of Green.....thoughts?
  • Options
    Green on the bench, cannot help thinking he has had his chance and once Pritchard is back Green may struggle to get on the bench
  • Options
    PeteF said:

Afternoon all

Afternoon Pete F, not on summary today?
  • Options
    Good to see Cousins & Pigott get a chance on the bench.
  • Options
    Barnsley: Steele (c), Golbourne, Kennedy, Wiseman, O'Brien, Dawson, O'Grady, Perkins, Dagnall, Mellis, M'voto
  • Options
    No mate, Andy Rowley and James Scowcroft are, I am sat at home today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Barnsley subs: Alnwick, Scotland, Digby, McNulty, Cywka, Etuhu, Cofie
  • Options
    It's probably the right team to pick but yet another example of Green getting the slightest of chances before being binned. No wonder the guy'sconfidence is shot. Glad to see CP having the gonads to drop Sordell and play Church. Deserved for effort alone. Midfield is probably as good as we can muster given injuries and sussies. Not confident I'm afraid. Only hope is Barnsley are as bad as us. Will be interesting to hear their gaffer's comments. He's priceless. Verbal diarrhoea gone mad.
  • Options
    Happy with those changes. Pleased to see Cousins on the bench over Hollands or Hughes. We know what they can offer, Cousins might add something different to our slow central midfield.
  • Options

So Sordell on bench and Church comes in...Wilson in place of Green.....thoughts?

Green deserved to be dropped and hopefully with Wilson coming in it will allow Solly to play the way we know he can. You can't really fault Church's performances in the two substitute apps in the league and he was good in his League Cup start, Sorderll for whatever reason hasn't yet shown what all the fuss is about.

A bit worried about Stephens and Gower in the middle, when he fancies it Stephens is good enough at this level but more often than not he hasn't turned up and if that's the case today it'll be a long afternoon for 34 year old Gower.

Is this on radio anywhere ?
  • Options
    PeteF said:

Green on the bench, cannot help thinking he has had his chance and once Pritchard is back Green may struggle to get on the bench

Well, that assumes that Wilson grabs the chance that Green blew. But yes, if Wilson is more impressive than Green was (not unlikely let's face it) then he will be against Pritchard for the right side role and Green will be third choice.
  • Options
    Good side. Lots of hard workers in that side. It's not going to be a match dripping with quality so I think Powell's got it right. Will be interesting to see how much damage Sordell and Green can do coming on late on and driving at players
  • Options
    It may be on BBC London DAB, I assume it is as Andy Rowley and James Scowcroft are there
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

PeteF said:

Well, that assumes that Wilson grabs the chance that Green blew. But yes, if Wilson is more impressive than Green was (not unlikely let's face it) then he will be against Pritchard for the right side role and Green will be third choice.
    of course it does, Wilson adds more defensive cover for Solly.

• Options
    Peter, do us a favour mate. No slagging off the commentators please

:-)
  • Options
    right off for a cuppa.....back soon in time for the build up....30 mins till ko....COYR's
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!