Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

And then there was one: Paul Ellison suspended

Comments

• Options
    Seems like a hell of a load of money for some nice soup.
  • Options
    I did forget to mention that yesterday they did have wine tasting which was free. They were asking customers to try different wines, so that they could take a poll to find out the preferred wines for the new house wines. Perhaps that was the reason for cutting out choice of food!
  • Options
    Charlton have lost another good man who ran the machine well behind the scenes.

I have known Paul for a long time and wish him well, hope he stays in contact with all at. the club as he was appreciated by many.

• Options

This whole saga is beginning to make CAFC sound like the Khymer Rouge or some other nutty third world dictatorship where if you question the supreme leader you risk being dragged out of your home by your ankles at dawn and shot in front of your kids.

This is supposed to be a football club.

Having recently returned from Phnom Penh I think this is an awful statement to make. Time to get some perspective. Shocking.
    I suppose it is a bit unfair to Pol Pot to compare him to MS and TJ.
  • Options
    Holy shit, there is no way I would be paying that sort of money for soup, pie and bread & butter pudding - that is pretty outrageous!
  • Options

Holy shit, there is no way I would be paying that sort of money for soup, pie and bread & butter pudding - that is pretty outrageous!

Yeah, I was trying to come up with of a more delicate way of putting it, but that's what I was thinking. Pie and mash, bread & butter pud - it's a bit stodgy and school-dinnerish, hardly inspired catering - and you don't even get a choice. That for about 40 sovs, jacked up to 50 when we play Millwall and Blackburn because they are "high status" games.

On Saturday at half-time I queued at the North Stand bar for a pint and a half of Fosters. The poor "barmaid" slopped half of it over the counter, tried to mop it up before going back for a top-up, then had great difficulty working the till.

We are a Championship club. We ought to do better than this.

• Options

...Pie and mash, bread & butter pud - it's a bit stodgy and school-dinnerish, hardly inspired catering...
    Just what's called for in January, but August !?!?!
  • Options

Yeah, I was trying to come up with of a more delicate way of putting it, but that's what I was thinking. Pie and mash, bread & butter pud - it's a bit stodgy and school-dinnerish, hardly inspired catering - and you don't even get a choice. That for about 40 sovs, jacked up to 50 when we play Millwall and Blackburn because they are "high status" games.

On Saturday at half-time I queued at the North Stand bar for a pint and a half of Fosters. The poor "barmaid" slopped half of it over the counter, tried to mop it up before going back for a top-up, then had great difficulty working the till.

We are a Championship club. We ought to do better than this.

agreed viewfinder....we are an absolute shambles when it comes to serving food and drink, I wonder how much money we lose due to poor service?
  • Options
    Oh well no hospitality for me then, price ridiculous for what's on offer. If they got that right I'm sure they could make money and give a choice on all courses.

BTW what is the veg option?

I self cater when I go - a few samosas from Dadoos and a cup of tea from north stand catering.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Oh well no hospitality for me then, price ridiculous for what's on offer. If they got that right I'm sure they could make money and give a choice on all courses.

I self cater when I go - a few samosas from Dadoos and a cup of tea from north stand catering.

Samosas sound just the ticket. Where is Dadoos?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

It is far from ghastly, however when you're paying £75 or £85 (depending on the match category) as is the case in the Keith Peacock Suite, it is not unreasonable to expect some choice.

That price includes the match ticket though doesn't it? I thought the food-only cost was nearer £40?
  • Options
    Yes, you're correct DRF the price does include the seat. It is still a lot of money for the food though and the lack of choice now is making it less attractive. I did forget to mention that some of the full time sandwiches were of the PRAWN variety!
  • Options

Yes, you're correct DRF the price does include the seat. It is still a lot of money for the food though and the lack of choice now is making it less attractive. I did forget to mention that some of the full time sandwiches were of the PRAWN variety!

It is a lot but it's not the fine dining equvilent it was claimed to be.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    For £40/£45 you could get a very good meal in a restaurant.
  • Options
    Before I paid £45 for soup, pie and mash and a yoghurt it would need to be served by, cut up and fork fed to me by Rachel Riley.
  • Options

Viewfinder Member
    1:35PM

iainment said:

Plumstead High Street. My wife is Indian so we go there at least once a fortnight to stock up on stuff for her cooking.
  • Options
    I think it's the increase in cost but reduction in choice which is the most annoying thing for me.
  • Options

Viewfinder Member

iainment said:

Plumstead High Street. My wife is Indian so we go there at least once a fortnight to stock up on stuff for her cooking.

It's excellent - now if they did an Indian buffet as the catered option at the Valley I'd be all over that.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Viewfinder Member

iainment said:

It's excellent - now if they did an Indian buffet as the catered option at the Valley I'd be all over that.
    Sounds delicious. And thanks for the info, Mistrollingin - I'll look out for Dadoos.

• Options

I think it's the increase in cost but reduction in choice which is the most annoying thing for me.

This did it for me. As some of you know I normally have a table for 4 in Legends before each home game, mainly to entertain clients. However when I was told of the set up and looked at what was on offer I gave up the option.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Before I paid £45 for soup, pie and mash and a yoghurt it would need to be served by, cut up and fork fed to me by Rachel Riley.

...whilst she practised the splits for SCD ?

• Options

This did it for me. As some of you know I normally have a table for 4 in Legends before each home game, mainly to entertain clients. However when I was told of the set up and looked at what was on offer I gave up the option.
    Not sure whether anyone's posted this but I understand Legends now offers a carvery meal plus either a starter or dessert and the deal now includes a glass of beer, wine or soft drink.

At least they are saving the cost of waiting staff...

• Options
    Addickted said:

This is nothing to do with why Paul left, except that both are about cost cutting really, whatever the official excuse.

As we appear to be losing several million a year, I would have thought that 'efficiencies' were a wise move.

It all depends what your view is. If you believe that parting with the nucleus of long standing experienced staff is for the good of the club then fine however all these staff have not departed as efficiencies , savings or any other cost cutting excercise in my opinion. Therefore as I have said before, they are destroying our club from inside out,we need to get a buying fast and get them as far away from our club as we can.
  • Options
    This is the sort of family orientates thing I used to expect from our club. Seems like all we are interested in is cost cutting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2411035/Cardiff-City-best-Premier-League-matchday-live-bands-standing-areas-unique-away-end.html
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

This is the sort of family orientates thing I used to expect from our club. Seems like all we are interested in is cost cutting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2411035/Cardiff-City-best-Premier-League-matchday-live-bands-standing-areas-unique-away-end.html

Just a pity they couldn't make proper arrangements to sell away fans programmes when we played there in April. Admittedly it was a special night for them, but there was no seller in the away compound and totally inadequate numbers inside. Neither were they very interested in sorting the problem out.

In fairness they did do a reprint and make them available online, but - Chelsea a few years ago apart, when the programmes didn't arrive - I can't remember another game where it wasn't possible to buy a programme half an hour before kick-off as an away fan.
  • Options

jamescafc said:

Just a pity they couldn't make proper arrangements to sell away fans programmes when we played there in April. Admittedly it was a special night for them, but there was no seller in the away compound and totally inadequate numbers inside. Neither were they very interested in sorting the problem out.

In fairness they did do a reprint and make them available online, but - Chelsea a few years ago apart, when the programmes didn't arrive - I can't remember another game where it wasn't possible to buy a programme half an hour before kick-off as an away fan.
    When I went looking for a programme was told they sold out by before we arrived as they were going to be collectable. They should have them available for away fans.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    iainment said:

On your recommendation, Iainment, I bought a few spicy snacks from Dadoo's grocery in Plumstead High Street on Tuesday. The veg samosas had run out, so I had various potato and lentil patties flavoured with spinach and onions. Delicious.

• Options
    Badger said:

jamescafc said:

When I went looking for a programme was told they sold out by before we arrived as they were going to be collectable. They should have them available for away fans.
    The steward in the 'Away' Car Park went off and got us a couple - jolly decent of him
  • Options
    iainment said:

It's risible that wildly overpriced pub-grub (with no choice) at The Valley masquerading as 'fayne dayning' should be termed 'hospitality'. Hospitality indicates generosity. Or do they mean you might cop botulism and end up in hospital? They should ditch all that pompous nonsense and concentrate on providing a choice of good food at a reasonable price. Delia Smith does it at Carrow Road; why not us?

• Options
    edited September 2013

iainment said:

It's risible that wildly overpriced pub-grub (with no choice) at The Valley masquerading as 'fayne dayning' should be termed 'hospitality'. Hospitality indicates generosity. Or do they mean you might cop botulism and end up in hospital? They should ditch all that pompous nonsense and concentrate on providing a choice of good food at a reasonable price. Delia Smith does it at Carrow Road; why not us?

Thought , effort and penny pinching , if you build it ....they will eat.

Catering at Charlton is the last thing on my mind when i go to the Valley , its too overpriced for what it is.