Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

And then there was one: Paul Ellison suspended

Comments

• Options

This whole saga is beginning to make CAFC sound like the Khymer Rouge or some other nutty third world dictatorship where if you question the supreme leader you risk being dragged out of your home by your ankles at dawn and shot in front of your kids.

This is supposed to be a football club.

No ones heard from Henry for a bit ;0)

• Options

This whole saga is beginning to make CAFC sound like the Khymer Rouge or some other nutty third world dictatorship where if you question the supreme leader you risk being dragged out of your home by your ankles at dawn and shot in front of your kids.

Not all bad then....

that is a joke btw !!
  • Options

Henry Irving has been turned to stone.
  • Options
    Can someone give me an idea of what the aims and objectives of our owners are. I heard that at some point last season, one of our two backers tried to pull his money? I know it's Tony Jimenez and another party, I don't know who this guy is by name. I am assuming that all these changes everyone has posted about has to do with what our owners are doing, I would just like to know if they are committed, or are we going to end up like Coventry or Pompey?
  • Options
    I don't think anyone but the owners themselves would be able to give you an answer to this that isn't purley conjecture. Which we have done to death.
  • Options
    Welcome to the board cabbles.

What took you so long to start posting btw?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Can someone give me an idea of what the aims and objectives of our owners are. I heard that at some point last season, one of our two backers tried to pull his money? I know it's Tony Jimenez and another party, I don't know who this guy is by name. I am assuming that all these changes everyone has posted about has to do with what our owners are doing, I would just like to know if they are committed, or are we going to end up like Coventry or Pompey?

Welcome to CL.

To answer your first question...we don't know other than I presume to sell the club on at a profit. I don't think these guys are in it for the long haul - so I would presume they saw a great opportunity to buy a club with a decent sized and modern stadium that was languishing in L1 but which had the capabilities to be a Championship club and maybe challenge for/get promoted to the PL at which point they'd take their money and run.

As to why the mystery backer is/was - informed speculation suggests that it was Kevin Cash, but no one knows for sure and short of being a board member we aren't likely to ever find out.

Will we end up like Coventry/Pompey - hopefully not, but the impression I have is that without significant outside backing we might end up sailing a bit too close to the wind for my liking.

• Options
    edited August 2013

Having recently returned from Phnom Penh I think this is an awful statement to make. Time to get some perspective. Shocking.
  • Options
    Good to know. Just thought the people on here may know a little more about what's going on upstairs, given the knowledge of all the long standing people who have been (it seems) forced out from previous posts. I recognise some of the names and they are all people who have been associated with the club for years, people I guess we should keep around.
  • Options
    Just out of pure curiosity....roughly how many full time staff are based at The Valley?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It seems to me there is a lack of respect/trust between staff & employer. I'm not aware that it was previously the case under Murray, so I know where I feel the blame lies.
  • Options
    Stig said:

If that's a mobile, presumably he can speak? On the other hand he could still be mute and uses it for texting and email?
  • Options
    It's not just cafc, a friend who worked for cafc for 8 years in the club shop was made redundant a few weeks ago, due to restructuring within the cafc club shop
  • Options

Having recently returned from Phnom Penh I think this is an awful statement to make. Time to get some perspective. Shocking.
    I was referring to the climate of fear and ideological dogma as per S21 and Comrade Duch. Valid analogy I thought to make a point but sorry of you were offended.
  • Options
  • Options
    garfield said:

?
  • Options
    Seems obvious to me that they're trying to repair the leaks. Every time they think they've got it another one appears. Anyone with any kind of loyalty to the bigger CAFC picture, or indeed Airman, should probably get polishing up their CVs right now.

Or they could just take another tack and consult with the fanbase rather than hide everything away. They may be surprised at how supportive and creative we can be.
  • Options
    WSS said:

How many total years of experience at CAFC is that gone?

Too many

Sad to see

• Options
    edited August 2013
    rikofold said:

Seems obvious to me that they're trying to repair the leaks. Every time they think they've got it another one appears. Anyone with any kind of loyalty to the bigger CAFC picture, or indeed Airman, should probably get polishing up their CVs right now.

Or they could just take another tack and consult with the fanbase rather than hide everything away. They may be surprised at how supportive and creative we can be.

Sorry but I don't think it is obvious.

Everything that has been said on here by people who know Paul suggests that the suspension was nothing to do with leaking information to Airman.

• Options
    WSS said:

Shame so many do

• Sponsored links:

• Options

rikofold said:

Everything that has been said on here by people who know Paul suggests that the suspension was nothing to do with leaking information to Airman.

Correct.
  • Options
    Not that it's really any of our business but I doubt that unless any of the individuals involved care to share what caused their respective departures that we will ever know why so many good Charlton people left the club. Even if there is a takeover at some point.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Not that it's really any of our business but I doubt that unless any of the individuals involved care to share what caused their respective departures that we will ever know why so many good Charlton people left the club. Even if there is a takeover at some point.

There are two employment tribunals pending and could be more. These are held in public and are likely to be reported.
  • Options

There are two employment tribunals pending and could be more. These are held in public and are likely to be reported.
    what are the dates of these?
  • Options

Is it made public (offically) when they are due to be heard?
  • Options

rikofold said:

I think you're misunderstanding me. Humour me for a moment. If the underlying agenda was to get rid of anyone party to business information who they felt couldn't be trusted to tow their line, whether by leak or other, would you seriously expect their list of disciplinaries all to read 'we reckon he spoke to Rick'?

Or might they choose a variety of spurious reasons, regardless of the prospect of employment tribunals, just to get rid?

After all, one can't surely imagine all the old guard have suddenly all committed gross misconduct after years in the same job with no previous.
  • Options

In VOTV? Can't wait... :-)
  • Options
    Difficult to speculate but some perceptive comments on here nevertheless. There may be some mileage in the fact that the present incumbents don't like having anyone associated with the 'old' regime or with strong Charlton affiliation in positions of influence. If so, that seems extraordinarily short-sighted but is, sadly, typical of the modern game where gunslingers fly in and do their own thing, riding roughshod over things that fans of many years standing hold dear. For my own part, on the occasions I had dealings with Paul I found him extremely helpful. There is a sense of impotence among us fans at the moment. Echoes of the mid 80s. Something stirred then and will do so again. Not sure how it will manifest itself yet however.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

I imagine that would be a balanced report
  • Options
    PL54 said:

rikofold said:

I imagine that would be a balanced report
    You're right, we should wait for the OS to report it more accurately...