Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

And then there was one: Paul Ellison suspended

Comments

• edited August 2013
    My take on the situation is the somebody has made the decision that Charlton fans should not be involved in the day to day running of the club as they make emotive decisions instead of business ones .
    Whoever came up with this knows nothing about football clubs or how they work because as all real football fans know , fans will sweat blood for the club you love.
    Whoever is making the decisions are not only risking the finances of the club bit the whole moral fibre of it.

The people who have left the club , I have no doubt , will be back at some stage but as long as the person / people in charge at the moment who making these decisions , are driving the soul of the club away , the only way we will go is downward and any current investment in the club might as well be flushed down the toilet .

I suspect the culprit of of these ridiculous decisions is at the the very top.

The one thing I am sure of us the supporters of Charlton Athletic are much , much more influential than the current regime think.
  • What I would like to know is where Richard Murray stands in all of this including the revelations in the VOTV at the weekend..dosen't he still own 10% of the club?
  • What I would like to know is where Richard Murray stands in all of this including the revelations in the VOTV at the weekend..dosen't he still own 10% of the club?

Yes, which means he hs a say, but no real influence.
  • edited August 2013

My take on the situation is the somebody has made the decision that Charlton fans should not be involved in the day to day running of the club as they make emotive decisions instead of business ones .
    Whoever came up with this knows nothing about football clubs or how they work because as all real football fans know , fans will sweat blood for the club you love.
    Whoever is making the decisions are not only risking the finances of the club bit the whole moral fibre of it.

The people who have left the club , I have no doubt , will be back at some stage but as long as the person / people in charge at the moment who making these decisions , are driving the soul of the club away , the only way we will go is downward and any current investment in the club might as well be flushed down the toilet .

The one thing I am sure of us the supporters of Charlton Athletic are much , much more influential than the current regime think.

Paul is the only one of the five senior managers above who is not a Charlton supporter.
  • Beds, Ironically Paul Ellison is a man city fan although alongside people like Kav he cared a lot about Charlton.

Poor poor people management, even worse PR management.
  • edited August 2013

Paul is the only one of the five senior managers above who is not a Charlton supporter.
    I'm talking about a level above the senior managers .
    I'm interested to know AB if you agree with my synopsis or not ?
  • My take on the situation is the somebody has made the decision that Charlton fans should not be involved in the day to day running of the club as they make emotive decisions instead of business ones .

I'm talking about a level above the senior managers .
    I'm interested to know AB if you agree with my synopsis or not ?
    The only people above the senior managers were the board - however, I take it you must mean the people who have been inserted between the senior managers and the board - Bradshaw, Kensell and Joyes. I think their most significant characteristic is that they have no history with the club or the people around it.
  • My take on the situation is the somebody has made the decision that Charlton fans should not be involved in the day to day running of the club as they make emotive decisions instead of business ones .

SK is West Ham, not sure who the airman follows.
  • Beds, Ironically Paul Ellison is a man city fan although alongside people like Kav he cared a lot about Charlton.

Poor poor people management, even worse PR management.

Whatever happened to cafc holdings PR man Tony Mcgarahan?
  • Been informed there will be no comment from the club on this.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2013

Been informed there will be no comment from the club on this.

apparently bears also do their business in the woods!

Well there's a surprise .

• Yet another curious move by MS and TJ.

If they want to get rid, then why not do it in a decent and honourable way? Why the suspension and GM route? In the long run it will only cost them more money and breed nothing but resentment amongst the remaining staff.

We all know that ME hasn't been well and perhaps the reduced hours and responsibility has been welcomed by Mick - is this the case Airman?

One of the problems is it would appear that very few people know of the modus operandi of Steve Bradshaw (or indeed, the involvement of David Joyes and Ben Kensell). Were there internal issues there?

I have a feeling that Dave Archer is brushing up his CV as we speak.

More than anyone, I really want to hear what Richard Murray and Sir Maurice Hatter have to say about all this - surely they can't be comfortable?

To be fair it would be very strange if they did comment, except if it wasn't true.
  • It's a very curious tangled web at The Valley these days. I don't pretend that I understand any of it. If you want a conspiracy theory how's about the club don't want any member of staff with Charlton / The Valley at heart at management level when club enter final negotiations for a move. Several sources have given information seeping out about the peninsula and I am getting the sniff that this was the end game wanted by TJ and MS all along. I'm probably wide of the mark as usual.
  • Paul Ellison has been our main contact at the Club during the 3years that Ian & myself have organised the POTY event.

He has always been very helpful & approachable, responding speedily to any emails I sent which is something I highly commend.

It was always a pleasure working with him to ensure that the event was the best we could possibly make it and I sincerely hope that he is back in post by the time the 2013-14 dinner is on the agenda ( if the powers that be want the FF to continue with this , of course )

Although I never buy any food or drink on the concourse, there have been a couple of occasions each season when a few of us would get together in Legends for some kind of celebration meal. I did however note that prices have been increased for the current term and had reluctantly made the decision that enough was enough. With that in mind, I also wonder whether Paul was unhappy regarding price increases in general and therein lies the issue around which he has been suspended.

I'd just like to wish him well on behalf of the Fans' Forum members and to thank him for all his help in the past.

• Addickted said:

We all know that ME hasn't been well and perhaps the reduced hours and responsibility has been welcomed by Mick - is this the case Airman?

I don't know either way and I won't speculate, but I am certain Mick will feel under enormous pressure.
  • Every Charlton fan let the board know next home match we not happy all these people gone.
  • Every Charlton fan let the board know next home match we not happy all these people gone.

I feel another banner coming on.....

• I'm gonna be contreversial here, I think the food served in hospitality is crap,I have had a couple of meals served in the north and dont get me wrong im not expecting Michelin star but sheperds pie and cheese cake aint worth what is charged, oh sorry forgot the soup, this is prior to the prsent club owners.My old man had a mate old charlton fan come down at Christmas for the Derby game and took him for a meal. The verdict weren't good. So who's job description does that come under ?
  • Sponsored links:

• not controversial mate imo, i have often thought out catering is as bad as the shop, the standard of people behind the bars are shocking , the curry place in the nth upper how often has that actually opened

not saying its worth sacking some one for
  • Neither am I, but I wont book another meal, so who's shift is it ? I would rather pay more and get decent grub. Be far mate if you hadn't got the coke deals would you have paid for that ?
  • Coke deals? Blimey, no wonder the food tasted shit.
  • nope no way mate food was standard to a poor pub grub, i often said it when i got back to work, that you could not really take clients to it, its ok for a work meeting venue and evening for a few of your team but not if you were trying to seal a deal, its way bellow all other hosp we have , although CAFC offer more in the package than other grounds but even that got reduced we lost parking and director seats ended up in the back of the west
  • That's all fair comment although others have said they enjoy the food.

But the situation doesn't seem to be he's been sacked for poor performance.

He's been suspended which suggests they either feel they can't trust him or that they just don't know how to manage people and so overreact and leave themselves open to yet another employment tribunial.

I'm going with the latter.

• i agree i dont think he has been disciplined for normal work processes
  • It says Henry suspended pending further action, the post makes out something sinister, maybe it could something more simple.
  • T. Stones of Greenwich asks "Is it true Airman, that there are wider implications for nearest and dearest?"
    T'Barnsley?
    Regards
  • The meals are usually pretty good in the Hospitality areas and the staff are great - some we have got to know so well that I think of them as friends.

I do think that the prices now being charged are excessive though. Last weekend in the Keith Peacock Suite the meal was soup, roast beef or roast ham with roast potatoes and veggies and apple crumble, tea or coffee. Tea or coffee with pastries at half time and then tea or coffee at full time, You do get a programme as well and a seat in the West stand, but I believe the current price is £85 plus VAT. If you take off the costs of the seat, that still is a very hefty charge for what is not much more than a carvery meal.

• The meals are usually pretty good in the Hospitality areas and the staff are great - some we have got to know so well that I think of them as friends.

I do think that the prices now being charged are excessive though. Last weekend in the Keith Peacock Suite the meal was soup, roast beef or roast ham with roast potatoes and veggies and apple crumble, tea or coffee. Tea or coffee with pastries at half time and then tea or coffee at full time, You do get a programme as well and a seat in the West stand, but I believe the current price is £85 plus VAT. If you take off the costs of the seat, that still is a very hefty charge for what is not much more than a carvery meal.

You don't even get a couple of beers/wines for 85 quid?

That is way over the top.