Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The other Abbey Road picture

2»

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for posting, my old Cortina Mark 2 Estate was a 1968 "F" reg.
    By the way, did you ever settle that copyright claim from Paul McCartney for your username? 
  • Options
    Featured in today's Mirror.

• Options
    Featured in today's Mirror.

The conspiracy theory about Paul being dead is pretty lame anyway, but I can’t believe anyone took the ‘connecting the dots’ “clue” seriously.
    Really? There are some dots and, if you join some of them in a certain way, then it could look like a number 3, which is the remaining number of Beatles.

Please tell me that whoever came up with that was taking the piss.
  • Options
    This picture takes some explaining too...  

• Options
    The celebrations today completely screwed up one of my local bus routes , the 139 which goes down Abbey Road. Indeed every time you use the bus you can guarantee there'll be tourists using the crossing! 
  • Options
    The Beatles were a complete ripoff of the Ruttles  :)
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Great pics Chizz, and I wonder if the white Beetle is still around somewhere.

So that was the fifth Beatle... think part of the Macca is Dead rumour incorporated the number plate ‘28IF to suggest it was code to say how old Macca would have been if he had still been alive for that album  :)
  • Options
    3blokes said:
    Chizz said:

So that was the fifth Beatle... think part of the Macca is Dead rumour incorporated the number plate ‘28IF to suggest it was code to say how old Macca would have been if he had still been alive for that album  :)
    But in 1969 he would have been 27. He was born in 1942. 

• Options
    3blokes said:
    Chizz said:

You should never let inconvenient things like facts get in the way of a bonkers conspiracy theory  ;)
  • Options
    3blokes said:
    Chizz said:

There was some theory that in certain Eastern philosophies (and the Beatles were certainly interested in this) babies are classified as 1 years old when they are born, hence the 28 works  :D