Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things that are good value for money

The thread below about stamps got me thinking. 30-odd pence to send something anywhere in the country isn't that bad really, is it. OK, I know email has made post a bit outdated, but when you think about all the people's hands that your average letter passes through it ain't a bad price to pay.

However, without a doubt the best value for money product is water. We can moan about prices going up, leaks, and the profits the companies make, but it's still worth every penny. We'd be in trouble without it!

Any more?

Comments

• Options
    MacDonalds hamburgers. Don't often have them but they are still well under a pound. Compare thet to the crap you get elswhere.
  • Options
    I hope you don't mean tap water, I read in the Daily Mail once that London tap water can make your little soldiers go on strike, tap water, NO THANK YOU.
  • Options
    Oyster Card.
    Love it!
  • Options
    Space Raiders crisps , pickled onion flavour

10 lovely pence
  • Options
    bogof. although my house is starting to resemble makro's now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Oyster Card.
    Love it!

I'm with you on that!
  • Options
    dvd players.

can pick them up for around the same cost of a dvd. weird
  • Options
    M&S socks
    Soft Liquorice from Lakeland (not that cheap, but tastier and more powerful than Senokot...)
    The Internet and E-mail - absolute bargain.
  • Options
    Charlton Life: it's free!
  • Options
    as cheap as chips-literally. pay about £3 and you get tons of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    snow

currently outside my window at the moment
  • Options
    hail stones

loads outside mine at the moment

am expecting the plaque of locusts at any moment
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]I hope you don't mean tap water, I read in the Daily Mail once that London tap water can make your little soldiers go on strike, tap water, NO THANK YOU.

Of course tap water - do you not drink it then? Even if you don't drink it, it's worth the money just for washing up, watering the garden, showering, flushing the bog, etc - or don't you do any of that either?
    ;o)

(And, no offence, but "I read in the Daily Mail ..." doesn't exactly do it for me i'm afraid.)
  • Options
    since i work next door to you that has caused me to swivel on my seat... and i see there is indeed snow/sleet coming down. nice.

fook sake why did my boiler/heat give up this week.

something that is not good value for money... a new fooking boiler.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]

What will this plaque say - "locusts were here, 20/3/07"
    ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]

What will this plaque say - "locusts were here, 20/3/07"
    ;o)

that made me chuckle
  • Options
    peekvid. who needs sky?

thankyou very much to carlingaddick for this.
  • Options
    Tell you what Peakey,

Thanks to you both for that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]I hope you don't mean tap water, I read in the Daily Mail once that London tap water can make your little soldiers go on strike, tap water, NO THANK YOU.

Of course tap water - do you not drink it then? Even if you don't drink it, it's worth the money just for washing up, watering the garden, showering, flushing the bog, etc - or don't you do any of that either?
    ;o)

(And, no offence, but "I read in the Daily Mail ..." doesn't exactly do it for me i'm afraid.)

It's even better value for money for me, with regards to showers etc as my parents pay for it!!

I drink strictly bottled water, which is excellent value for money.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]
    [cite] I drink strictly bottled water, which is excellent value for money.

If you want a description of the sort of person who drinks Evian, just read it backwards. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]I drink strictly bottled water, which is excellent value for money.

it will rot your teeth though.
  • Options
    Stu: Bottled water is only excellent value for money if your work supply it free from a water cooler, otherwise it's one of the biggest rip offs around.

Take that stuff Coke were looking to produce in Sidcup that all went tits up. They were going to take it from the mains and add a few bits of shit to it and knock it out at a pound a bottle!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Stu: Bottled water is only excellent value for money if your work supply it free from a water cooler, otherwise it's one of the biggest rip offs around.

Take that stuff Coke were looking to produce in Sidcup that all went tits up. They were going to take it from the mains and add a few bits of shit to it and knock it out at a pound a bottle![/quote]

Del Boy.
  • Options
    men only , still great value

apparently
  • Options
    my little baby -- scooter moped what ever you wanna call it.

Absolute uneqivocal bargain... cost me £700 - fares for trains etc about £1400.00 you do the maths.

LOVELY