Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life's Ultimate "Best Towns"

Comments

• Options

cafcpolo said:

fattmatt said:

Christchurch in dorset

Another great place. I have friends there. Beautiful.
    My current place of residence making the best towns list, so proud. Great place to live, apart from the large amount of oldies who like to drive around 10mph under the speed limit.

You still up at Sopley(?) Polo?

Aiming to move to Christchuch when I don't need to get across town for work anymore, which at this rate will be when I'm about 75!
    Left there over three years ago now chief. Where do you work? I have to get over to Fleetsbridge so feel your pain, can be an absolute ball ache at times.
  • Options
    West London in general. Richmond, Chiswick, Fulham etc.

Ely is another good shout and I'm going to nominate Brenchley in Kent as well. Nice pubs, nice cricket pitch, lovely buildings.
  • Options
    Er...Fleetsbridge. Give us a wave!

I like many of the places around here but my own contribution would probably be Bath, particularly out of season.
  • Options
    Manchester: if someone's paying to put you up in a city centre hotel as part of a work trip where there's enough free time to see the sights, but not if you're stuck in some sprawling urban slum on the outskirts of town (I guess the same is probably true of most cities though).

Cambridge.
  • Options

Richmond in west London

Bird at work lives in Richmond. She has been burgled three times in the last year.

Nice park though.........
  • Options
    Wagrave. On the river 3 miles south of Henley, direct trains to Paddington (just a few), three pubs, a great indian restaurant, two antique shops and a newsagent, that's it. Oh, and two boatyards. It's perfect.

• Options
    Wolverley (near Kidderminster)
  • Options
    Id be happy living in Farningham, Horton Kirby or Eynsford. Not too far away.

But any part of Dorset really. Tho i love Lulworth Cove its a bit too secluded.

Too many lovely places in this country to choose from.
  • Options
    Moved to Rochester a year ago. Gotta say love it, if you discount strood, Gillingham and Chatham the Medway town's actually nice, and half hour from London by train, 25min th valley by car, 15min from Bluewater for the mrs.
  • Options
    Bath
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whitby
  • Options
    Stamford in Lincolnshire is a beautiful town.
  • Options
    Edinburgh I'd say has the best mixture of history, striking landscape and nightlife of anywhere outside of London. As a weegie I say that through gritted teeth. However, the manto is average, at best.
  • Options
    Yes Stamford is a great place , so many pubs !

Burnham Market , Alnwick , Southwold , Bakewell , Plaayer ( also known as littlehampton ) and Rye all get my vote
  • Options
    Greenwich, Henley & Keswick
  • Options
    Think Ludlow is excellent too
  • Options
    A not very impartial shout out for the Chiltern towns of Amersham, Wendover, Berkhamsted, Great Missenden, Tring and Beaconsfield.
  • Options
    Shag said:

Yes Stamford is a great place , so many pubs !

Burnham Market , Alnwick , Southwold , Bakewell , Plaayer ( also known as littlehampton ) and Rye all get my vote

Plaayer could have been Bakewell also
  • Options
    Arundel is a lovely place if a bit twee! Weird how your perceptions are coloured, Chichester was mentioned above which I can see is nice but having gone to school there only brings back memories of smoking round 'the cross' and trying to get served in one of its many pubs!
  • Options
    Lyme Regis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Lyme Regis.

Yes, good call.
  • Options
    Cambridge
    Chester
    Saffron Waldon
    Mousehole
    Bath
  • Options
    Windsor.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Edinburgh. If we are counting cities?

Government stats say it's the city that nobody want's to move away from.
  • Options

West London in general. Richmond, Chiswick, Fulham etc.

Ely is another good shout and I'm going to nominate Brenchley in Kent as well. Nice pubs, nice cricket pitch, lovely buildings.

Acton's a bit of a hole though.
  • Options
    Totnes, moved down here 10 years ago to study and have never left
  • Options
    Bradford on Avon nr Bath.
  • Options

Tunbridge Wells :)

Lol...^^

Bath.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Reigate
    Arundel
    Bath

Living in Reigate at the moment, and its like a dream. Unfortunately can't afford to buy here so will be moving on in a few months.

Hopefully to Arundel - which, although twee, is beautiful :)