Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"I don't why there is always polemic against Cristiano, maybe it's because I'm too good."

heheheh. referring to himself by the first name in the third person, using a noun that Richard Keys had to explain to his anglophone audience, and casually breaking the taboo of modesty in English sport. Quality player, best in the world at the moment, and a joy to watch, and when you're as good as he is you can afford to be arrogant, because frankly you're the best.

Comments

• as much as i hate him i love him .... he took the pi** out of boro cos he could.....he's mustard and just ruins some of the ordinary defenders that are in the premiership ... fair play to him not reacting like that twat rooney when that northern mug morrison crudely took him out.... the premier league would be a poorer league without him
  • i saw that, the way he said it was quite funny, i made me chuckle! ' maybe because i am so good' classic.

Agreed with you both there, as much as i hate him, he is a fantastic footballer, not far off the best in the world! although i aint sure who might be better at the mo! (messi, totti, kish)
  • Does he mean apart from the fact he's a cheating scumbag?

Yes he's damn good footballer, still a scumbag though.
  • he never beat the kish!
  • Sometimes I wish I was from Manchester and could support Utd!
    Ronaldo is FANTASTIC! Must win player of the year ahead of Chelsea's goal hanger. World player too.
    Do you remember a couple of seasons ago Wenger smugly querying how much Fergie had paid for Ronaldo? Who's laughing now?
  • Great Player & without doubt a player worthy of 'paying money to watch'. However, when someone does go right through him with a perfectly good tackle & he does not get up I will have a very large grin on my face. Flash So & So's always get their comeuppance, his is due eventually.
  • edited March 2007
    loved the one he jumped straight up from the crunching tackle / assault that earned the boro player a straight red. f*** you - off for a bath and take a three game ban
  • [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Sometimes I wish I was from Manchester and could support Utd!

I think you find that this is not a prerequisite of following the team. Know what you mean though.
  • Agree he's a superb player. All the less need for him to also be a cheating scumbag. Would have much more respect for him if he cut the cheating/ diving out of his game - he doesn't need to do it as he's so good anyway.
  • I agree with Stu SE7. He 'wins' far too many penalties and free kicks for my liking. And yes, I do think it's cheating / gamesmanship, whatever you want to call it, but it's wrong and something should be done about it. He's not the only one, but he is one of the most consistent. Last night, did Woodgate touch him, or did he look up, see no-one in the box, and straighten his leg to ensure he touched Woodgate then go down?? I know what I think. If he's that good, he could have easily avoided the contact - there was nothing on, so down he goes - cheating plain and simple.

He has the potential to be a really great player - he is exciting to watch now, but I'm always left wondering if he's for real. Personally I believe Giggs was / is a better sporting professional than that little runt.

The arrogant little s**t needs taking down a peg or two - hopefully his words will come back to haunt him.

Rant over, spleen vented...aaaah I feel better.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Sometimes I wish I was from Manchester and could support Utd!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Five hail Mary's & a glory be for you dear DJDD!!!!!

He has grown up. He's bulked up too (have you seen the size of his neck!!!) & has obviously been taking English lessons from that other smarmy Portuguese geezer who keeps gracing our screens. Much as I really don't like him, his skills are there for all to see and admire. Definite player of the season.

Sometimes wish I was from Manchester & supporter Utd...........................you'll be drinking lager next you woose ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]loved the one he jumped straight up from the crunching tackle / assault that earned the boro player a straight red. f*** you - off for a bath and take a three game ban

Ironic that he got straight up from that yet rolls around for other much less harmful tackles. Great player but still a greasy, cheating c*nt that needs a slap.
  • edited March 2007
    [cite]

I think you find that this is not a prerequisite of following the team.

'Tis for me old boy.
  • edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis

...........................you'll be drinking lager next you woose ;-)

Only non-UK "brewed" ones over 5 %, out of a bottle and when it's 80F +!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Great Player & without doubt a player worthy of 'paying money to watch'. However, when someone does go right through him with a perfectly good tackle & he does not get up I will have a very large grin on my face. Flash So & So's always get their comeuppance, his is due eventually.
    What like this!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis

...........................you'll be drinking lager next you woose ;-)[/cite]
    [cite]

Only non-UK "brewed" ones over 5 %, out of a bottle and when it's 80F +!![/cite]

hope you're saying those Hail Mary's DJDD!!!!!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]he never beat the kish!

Or Graham Stuart - now that was a tackle that made me laugh