Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gareth Bale

Comments

• Options

Half the Tottenham squad have probably thrown a moody at their previous club in order to get their big move to North London. Seems wrong to ignore that behaviour but then complain when Bale does the same.

Budding tabloid journalist in the making... Make something up with absolutely no evidence at all in one sentence, then present it as fact to back up a personal grudge in the next. Way to go, as our friends across the pond might say.
  • Options

Half the Tottenham squad have probably thrown a moody at their previous club in order to get their big move to North London. Seems wrong to ignore that behaviour but then complain when Bale does the same.

Budding tabloid journalist in the making... Make something up with absolutely no evidence at all in one sentence, then present it as fact to back up a personal grudge in the next. Way to go, as our friends across the pond might say.
    On a thread commenting on tabloid speculation you dig me out for making a valid point, all be it a slightly exaggerated one. Wow.
  • Options

I hate spurs. Hope they spend all this money and still win fuck all and finish behind Arsenal.

I'm the opposite. I quite like them, despite being a pretty big club they were shite for years. I hope they finish above Arsenal and show Wenger up for being a tight f*cker.

The likes of Capoue, Soldado, Paulinho and Lamela would've been ideal signings for Arsenal, i've no idea what Wenger has been doing all summer.
  • Options

On a thread commenting on tabloid speculation you dig me out for making a valid point, all be it a slightly exaggerated one. Wow.
    Agree with Algarve. Your's was hardly a valid point, you are just making assumptions on other players actions with no proof at all.

Anyway, on the matter in hand, think Spurs have done exceptionally well out of all of this. If they get Erikson, Lemela, Chiriches on top of those they have already signed they must be title contenders
  • Options
    Now i know what Wenger has been doing all summer, been busy signing Flamini back on a free transfer!!
  • Options
    I never really liked Spurs but I like AVB as a manager.
  • Options
    Spurs have got an absolutely cracking squad now, he's certainly spent the Bale money well....don't particularly like either but as I dislike Arsenal more (and work with loads of Gooners), I'd love to see Spurs finish above them and Arsenal outside the top 4
  • Options

You do realise this is a football fan forum right...? For a minute there, it looked like you might be taking this thing too seriously...
  • Options
    Has he gone yet ?
  • Options

Agree with Algarve. Your's was hardly a valid point, you are just making assumptions on other players actions with no proof at all.

Anyway, on the matter in hand, think Spurs have done exceptionally well out of all of this. If they get Erikson, Lemela, Chiriches on top of those they have already signed they must be title contenders
    Thanks AfL - the thread is about Gareth Bale anyway, and it's not a valid point at all without any evidence whatsoever to back it up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Burn him! The over exaggerating bastard. We can't stand for this. Bold up some quotes! Hang him from the website logo as a deterrent to all the fools who exaggerate on internet forums! That'll learn 'em.
  • Options
    Sorry Jimmy, what have I done to upset you?
  • Options
    Jimmy has the painters in.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Burn him! The over exaggerating bastard. We can't stand for this. Bold up some quotes! Hang him from the website logo as a deterrent to all the fools who exaggerate on internet forums! That'll learn 'em.

Calm down! All we were saying is it's a little pointless making assumptions that other players have thrown their toys out of the pram when a) we have no idea if that is true so just jumping to conclusions and b) this thread about Bale moving to Madrid, not about anyone else moving to Spurs.

I think it's pretty clear that while Spurs are obviously letting Bale go, and fulfill his dream move, they are just getting what is best for them, which surely is understandable? I personally think Bale has let himself down with how he has handled things this week, but at the end of the day him going is going to make Spurs a lot more of a handful this season.

I was actually at White Hart Lane last night and it must be the first time I have ever seen a team about to lose their star player but the fans genuinely excited about what lies ahead. Credit to AVB and Levy, they've 'won' this transfer window.
  • Options
    this thread has got weird
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Calm down! All we were saying is it's a little pointless making assumptions that other players have thrown their toys out of the pram when a) we have no idea if that is true so just jumping to conclusions and b) this thread about Bale moving to Madrid, not about anyone else moving to Spurs.

I think it's pretty clear that while Spurs are obviously letting Bale go, and fulfill his dream move, they are just getting what is best for them, which surely is understandable? I personally think Bale has let himself down with how he has handled things this week, but at the end of the day him going is going to make Spurs a lot more of a handful this season.

I was actually at White Hart Lane last night and it must be the first time I have ever seen a team about to lose their star player but the fans genuinely excited about what lies ahead. Credit to AVB and Levy, they've 'won' this transfer window.
    When a club gets offered more than 3 times the value of a player thats only played one season of CL football and hasnt won a pot to piss in, then its pretty hard to lose.
  • Options
    Algarve, AFL - my apologies for making an assumption, exaggerating it, not providing evidence, and straying from the topic. Won't do it again.
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

When a club gets offered more than 3 times the value of a player thats only played one season of CL football and hasnt won a pot to piss in, then its pretty hard to lose.

Not doubting that. But you look at teams such as Man Utd, Arsenal both of whom have had loads of money to spend but have had a pretty poor transfer window. Spurs on the other hand, albeit with a serious cash injection, have played it pretty well.
  • Options

Algarve, AFL - my apologies for making an assumption, exaggerating it, not providing evidence, and straying from the topic. Won't do it again.

No sweat. By the way, you could have brought up Defoe... ;-)

• Options
    Still here ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Going .. going........
  • Options

Seriously... Must take forever to log in...

• Options
    Finally signed for £85,300,000..........................
    Supposedly on £300,000+ a week, 6 year contract.
    Spurs have already spent the money on
    Argentina forward Erik Lamela (Roma, £25.7m, pictured)
    Brazil midfielder Paulinho (Corinthians, £17m)
    Spain striker Roberto Soldado (Valencia, £26m)
    Belgium winger Nacer Chadli (FC Twente, £7m)
    France defensive midfielder Etienne Capoue (Toulouse, £9m)
    Romania centre-back Vlad Chiriches (Steaua Bucharest, £8.5m)
    Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen (Ajax, £11.5m)

How the other half lives. Hmmmm!

Good luck Gareth.

• Options
    Gareth Bale's wage breakdown at Madrid:
    Yearly: £15,600,000
    Monthly: £1,200,000
    Weekly: £300,000
    Daily: £42,857
    Hourly: £2,040
    Minute: £34
  • Options

Just over 50p a second, poor bloke.
    Surprised to see we had a world's most expensive player.
  • Options
    Not for the money though ...
  • Options

Just over 50p a second, poor bloke.
    Surprised to see we had a world's most expensive player.
    How times change. When Jeppson left Charlton, "the club presented Hans with a wedding gift (a dinner set) and a launch was hired at a price of 30 guineas to transport Jeppson to Tilbury"*.

*C. Cameron V500
  • Options

You forgot one - over term of contract - 93.6m before taxes etc.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    it really is a silly amount of money .. and real Madrid is not even owned by a moneybags sheikh .. well not that we know about

I guess that many Spaniards will put up with being unemployed and living in poor conditions so long as a few of their football teams are doing OK
  • Options
    edited September 2013