Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rangers at Sheffield Wednesday

Comments

• Options

Loads of Wednesday fans on twitter saying it's the best away support ever seen at Hillsborough.

But when did Palace last play at Hillsborough ?
  • Options
    Last game of season 3 years ago - winner stays up.
  • Options
    A view from the kop, notice the flags and fans in the North Stand as well.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Loads of Wednesday fans on twitter saying it's the best away support ever seen at Hillsborough.

But when did Palace last play at Hillsborough ?
    Last season.
  • Options
    Shame Newco's patriotism didn't extend to paying tax into the British economy to support things like the army and NHS.
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options

Shame Newco's patriotism didn't extend to paying tax into the British economy to support things like the army and NHS.

The Queens XI indeed!
  • Options

Put your bitterness aside for a second (referring to Rangers as "Newco" is embarrassing) I'm sure Rangers paid more tax than most of their counterparts in Scotland.

If you are referring to the EBT scheme then I assume you are either ignorant or suffering from severe amnesia - let me remind you ;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20412919
  • Options
    don't let the truth get in the way of a good moan up se9

agendas cant be reached if you start posting the truth
  • Options
    Why didn't we offer them a PSF as well as ICT?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:

What is the relationship between rangers and charlton can someone explain it?

There is not a specific Rangers - Charlton relationship.
    Every club in this Country will have fans who follow Rangers (nearly every club seemed represented in Manchester for the Uefa final the other year)
    A lot of English fans have sympathies with their political/loyalist/patriotic leanings.

• Options

Why didn't they give Rangers that corner where all the flags are and then a bit of the stand to the right, could probably have shifted 10k tickets.
  • Options

Why didn't they give Rangers that corner where all the flags are and then a bit of the stand to the right, could probably have shifted 10k tickets.
    The two end blocks do not look sold out so I doubt it
  • Options

The whole stand was sold, if you look in the other picture you can see a lot of fans standing by the infamous tunnel and by the stairs instead of in their seats.
  • Options

They sold out that entire away end in half a day so they'd easily have sold more
  • Options
    The few rangers fans I've met support England 'cos they're less shit than Scotland.
  • Options
    I've always preferred rangers and never knew why, think because of my dad :)

More important how many did the massives have?
  • Options
    I went to Ted Mcminns testimonial at Derby with Rangers a few years back, over 10-12k Gers fans there, 6-7k for Stuart Mccalls at Bradford, awesome support.

"Newco" my arse

Scottish high court judges, the SFA, SFL, EUFA, FIFA, BBC trust, European clubs association all seem to disagree, oh well, lets not let the facts get in the way of the obsessed in the east end of glasgow or the sheep in aberdeen.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rkt3ke
  • Options
    There was about 7K gers fans in total possibly more as there were huge amounts in home areas too, all in good humour, Gers fans buying drinks for Wednesday kids etc, big flag supporting Lee Rigby (RIP) spot on the lot of them!

As for the tickets set up etc, major cock up by SYP, they assumed there would be major riots going off because of the numbers of gers coming down, they were and will always be shit scared of a large away following coming here, so because of this they restricted Rangers to the West Stand only (away end). This still didn't work though, loads got in via other methods, originally only three sides of the ground were due to be opened with the North being shut by the order of syp but they had to open it up to let mixed fans in, oh and you couldn't buy a ticket on the day of the match! SYP insisted on it, utterly clueless, had it not been for the overkill, the att could have topped 30k easily.

Fair play to Rangers though, impressive.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

I went to Ted Mcminns testimonial at Derby with Rangers a few years back, over 10-12k Gers fans there, 6-7k for Stuart Mccalls at Bradford, awesome support.

"Newco" my arse

Scottish high court judges, the SFA, SFL, EUFA, FIFA, BBC trust, European clubs association all seem to disagree, oh well, lets not let the facts get in the way of the obsessed in the east end of glasgow or the sheep in aberdeen.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rkt3ke

You forgot the Advertising Standards Agency whose brilliant decision is here;

http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2013/6/The-Rangers-Football-Club-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_224406.aspx

"the football club RFC was a recognisable entity in its own right, and that it had continued in existence despite being transferred to another owner and operator"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My Scottish team, the mighty Albion Rovers are playing Rangers on Sunday, albeit in Livingston.

Good job the Rovers ground isn't upto it, as would probably be WW3 in Coatbridge....

Like the Lee Rigby flag, would be good if we had a CAFC one.
  • Options
    I'll chip in for a Lee Rigby flag.
  • Options

and me
  • Options
    PL54 said:

and me
    me too

• Options
    and me
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I'd be happy too - how much would one cost ?

Could we have it in time for the Bournemouth game ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I'd put in for that.

• Options
    DA9 said:

se9addick said:

I'd put in for that.

• Options
    I'd chip in , sure Steve could do one