Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

House moving

13»

Comments

• Options
    if i walk to the end of our road at night we have the wonder of "dark sky" no light. The only lights are 22miles away ,the coast of France.

Re Hythe ,no idea what on earth is going on with that high street?

My neighbor just stopped me and asked about "our" hedgehogs.We sometimes have 3 in the garden at night. 

Seagulls in spring are loud and a pain but happy to take that to see Buzzards,Kestrals,Ravens and Perigrine Falcons.

Its about quality of life

Always will be things you miss
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    if i walk to the end of our road at night we have the wonder of "dark sky" no light. The only lights are 22miles away ,the coast of France.

My neighbor just stopped me and asked about "our" hedgehogs.We sometimes have 3 in the garden at night. 

Seagulls in spring are loud and a pain but happy to take that to see Buzzards,Kestrals,Ravens and Perigrine Falcons.

Seagulls can be a pain...... but a price worth paying....spring is shagging season, then in the summer the little ones leave their nests...more chaos, should start to calm down a bit from now on....doesn't help when people feed them.
  • Options

What is happening to the High street, is pretty universal, 4 banks closed, clothes shops, etc, we still have 2 butchers,  but no greengrocers,3 shops closing ......

Have to meet up some time Santa Claus?, always in Folkestone, helped organise the Hendrix weekend, down here, doing the same for this November, in Sandgate with a tribute act from Bromley. I belong to quite a few of the local art groups as I mentioned, had an exhibition at the dirty pen in the high street re :Hendrix, and part of the h'art group in  Hythe Town Hall. 
    Went to 'Saga Louts'  Open mike blues\Jazz night in Folkestone last Monday, which was excellent.... miss the Blues club back in Sidcup though..... so I guess swings and roundabouts.
  • Options
    Love the Peaks. We’ve stayed in Brassington, Fenny Bentley and alstonefield a few times but last year we stayed in Buxton and I thought it was a lovely town. Nicer than Asbourne. Not done Bakewell yet so can’t compare. Lovely part of our beautiful country.  Going to do the Lakes this year though. 

Interesting comments from Ken. As GH knows we love Sandgate and that’s our potential next move when time comes to slow down a bit. Like the idea I can walk to Folkestone West and 50 mins in to St Pancras. So I would hope I  wouldn’t feel too cut off. 
  • Options
    @Curb_It - if you get to Bakewell, make sure you sample a Bakewell PUDDING (not one of those sickly sweet tarts!)
    There are several bakeries in the town where you can buy them.

Looks like a cross between a Yorkshire pud & a cowpat, but don't let that put you off!  
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Love the Peaks. We’ve stayed in Brassington, Fenny Bentley and alstonefield a few times but last year we stayed in Buxton and I thought it was a lovely town. Nicer than Asbourne. Not done Bakewell yet so can’t compare. Lovely part of our beautiful country.  Going to do the Lakes this year though. 

Interesting comments from Ken. As GH knows we love Sandgate and that’s our potential next move when time comes to slow down a bit. Like the idea I can walk to Folkestone West and 50 mins in to St Pancras. So I would hope I  wouldn’t feel too cut off. 
    Don't let me put you off...... we had a flat years ago down here in Sandgate, Sandgate is a great place, more than just antiques now, some good places to drink and  eat, and always at the lower lees park with the dog winter and summer. As I mentioned, our sons kids were not on the agenda when we moved down, and what was a 45 minute drive  can now be a bit of a nightmare, but there is always the A2\M2 when the  M20 is closed as it is this weekend down here.We live near the sea front near the old lifeboat station in Hythe, The area is changing though, after being years of little expansion, and regeneration, the council are wanting to build houses on the Princess parade, half a mile from Sandgate, bitterly opposed by locals, that long road that divides Hythe from Sandgate. As I say, bit divided what to do, and not getting any younger, not sure I fancy doing DIY and putting in kitchens etc..... when I am nearly 70.