Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Question of Sport

A couple of Charlton related questions this week, in the action round.

The Stoke player scoring was... Ricardo Fuller (they had to guess the year as well).

More interestingly, the other team had to guess the year of a different clip. The Jon Fortune goal that sent Palace down...

Comments

• Options
    Oh, I do like that Jon Fortune goal that sent Palace down....
  • Options
    Can't watch it Mat Dawson make my teeth itch
  • Options
    Shocking from Dublin struggling to remember fuller and they said the fortune goal was in 2000 I think!
  • Options
    The Jon Fortune goal that sent Palace down...

headed in a free kick by..........

Jerome Thomas !
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Agreed, awful programme these days.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Glad I'm not the only one that feels like that about him!

• Options
    Mike said:

Shocking from Dublin struggling to remember fuller and they said the fortune goal was in 2000 I think!

Yes, for the year guessing, both teams were surprisingly wrong with the football goals.
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

Glad I'm not the only one that feels like that about him!

Got a lot of ego I feel - almost takes-over the programme.

• Options
    Question of Sport is one of the most good-natured, inoffensive programmes out there - but I knew that if anyone was going to find something to complain about, they would be a member of Charlton Life.
  • Options

Question of Sport is one of the most good-natured, inoffensive programmes out there - but I knew that if anyone was going to find something to complain about, they would be a member of Charlton Life.

You may have a point about CL, but you cannot deny the "dumbing down" of another BBC cornerstone.

Peppered with "C" list pole-vaulters garnering applause for remembering which Latvian was in front of them in the lunch queue at the World Federation wildcard qualifying heats in Hanover last January.

Emlyn will be spinning in his grave, watching Tuffers miming sychronised swimming to a girl that was 9th in the ju-jitsu and a bloke who plays rugby for Eastbourne.

Beefy (single-handed Headingly Aussie-basher) Botham would cringe as the mystery guest is revealed as, none-other than 4 times world speedway quarter-finalist Bobby "the Bike" Blenkinsop.

that's enough examples......Ed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One more example, Ed: Bill Beaumont and 'Beefy' Botham, necks wider than heads, tapping their pencils on the desk in a testosteronic berk-fest....
  • Options

Someone, in my case, thank you!!!

• Options
    HaHa Jesus wept!

• Options

You may have a point about CL, but you cannot deny the "dumbing down" of another BBC cornerstone.

Peppered with "C" list pole-vaulters garnering applause for remembering which Latvian was in front of them in the lunch queue at the World Federation wildcard qualifying heats in Hanover last January.

Emlyn will be spinning in his grave, watching Tuffers miming sychronised swimming to a girl that was 9th in the ju-jitsu and a bloke who plays rugby for Eastbourne.

Beefy (single-handed Headingly Aussie-basher) Botham would cringe as the mystery guest is revealed as, none-other than 4 times world speedway quarter-finalist Bobby "the Bike" Blenkinsop.

that's enough examples......Ed
    Bob Willis would like a word
  • Options

Doesn't mean it's funny, though.
  • Options
    TV sports quiz show Question of Sport has stopped production after more than five decades, the BBC has confirmed.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67731546
  • Options
    clive said:
    TV sports quiz show Question of Sport has stopped production after more than five decades, the BBC has confirmed.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67731546
    A stupid refresh killed the programme. I'm sure after a polite interval it will return
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2023
    It's clear that Perfect Curve were given a say in the show's development. 

Another symptom of the BBC trying to identify what they do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better.
  • Options
    Haven't watched it for years loved Billy Beaumont and Emlyn Hughes and a few after that including John Parrot. Most of the sports stars on it today when i have briefly tuned in have no idea who they are. 
  • Options
    Haven't watched it since the Sue Barker Tuffers Dawson/Mccoist days. Was surprised it was still going! 
  • Options
    Way, way past it's sell by date.
  • Options
    Could do with a serious sports quiz show, maybe like Mastermind, no celebs just members of the public.

Years ago they had one on radio, was it Brain of Sport or something like that.