Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Festival and Flags

Thought I would put a post out for any Charlton fanatics that may be attending a festival this Summer. Personally I'm attending Benicassim in Spain and V-Festival, anyone going? Any other festivals? Maybe a Charlton kit meet up?

As a plus note, wanted to take a flag with me to show my Addicks pride but no luck finding one online. Anyone out there know where I can't grab one?

Comments

• As a plus note, wanted to take a flag with me to show my Addicks pride but no luck finding one online. Anyone out there know where I can't grab one?

You probably can't grab one in the Millwall shop.

• Yeah, im going benicassim too, really looking forward to beady eye and primal scream, jake bugg too. Generally looking forward to what will be a quality week in the sun, fantastic festival, have you been before?
  • Get one made @barmyflags.com
  • Yeah, im going benicassim too, really looking forward to beady eye and primal scream, jake bugg too. Generally looking forward to what will be a quality week in the sun, fantastic festival, have you been before?

Feeling the same list as you plus Arctic Monkeys and feeling Kaiser Chiefs will be good live. Not been though, not looking forward to heat combined with the tent! You been before then?

Thanks matey! Will have a go in a bit

Feeling the same list as you plus Arctic Monkeys and feeling Kaiser Chiefs will be good live. Not been though, not looking forward to heat combined with the tent! You been before then?
    Yeah looking forward to those too, went last year and camped and it was brilliant, but sweltering in that tent haha have a bottle of water ready for the morning! Got a villa this year with mates so should be wicked, beach holiday in the day, festival at night, best of both worlds, trust me mate you'll love it
  • edited June 2013

Yeah, im going

Yeah looking forward to those too, went last year and camped and it was brilliant, but sweltering in that tent haha have a bottle of water ready for the morning! Got a villa this year with mates so should be wicked, beach holiday in the day, festival at night, best of both worlds, trust me mate you'll love it

Right, morning water is noted! Hahaha! Decided to buy the villa camp tickets, thought the shade would make the difference hopefully. You taking a charlton shirt with you? Think Spain needs to know of the best club in South London
  • Look out for a Charlton flag flying on a pole at Glasto, wife's cousin
  • Look out for a Charlton flag flying on a pole at Glasto, wife's cousin

Think I saw Charlton's twitter post a pic of it maybe?
  • Sponsored links:

• That's a Forest flag.
  • That'll be the one !
  • Yeah, im going

Right, morning water is noted! Hahaha! Decided to buy the villa camp tickets, thought the shade would make the difference hopefully. You taking a charlton shirt with you? Think Spain needs to know of the best club in South London
    Ah the posh camping! should be much better then with the shade, we werent under the canopies as we got there a bit late, booked flights late - had to change at madrid, so we were right in the full blaze of the sun in the morning - torture at 9 am after 3/4 hours sleep! I think im gonna bring the 96-98 viglen home kit mate, and you might hear some valley floyd road about haha
  • Winston sports will do you a flag cheaper and quicker than Barmey
  • I find that when i am near a football flag at a festival i get coated in pi$$ being chucked at it
  • learn not to stand next to the millwall ones then!
  • bloodnut said:

learn not to stand next to the millwall ones then!

Haha that made me laugh! And flying poo no doubt...

• bloodnut said:

Brilliant

Doesn't @northstandsteve make flags? Sure he done some for role the other year.
  • edited June 2013

Yeah, im going

Ah the posh camping! should be much better then with the shade, we werent under the canopies as we got there a bit late, booked flights late - had to change at madrid, so we were right in the full blaze of the sun in the morning - torture at 9 am after 3/4 hours sleep! I think im gonna bring the 96-98 viglen home kit mate, and you might hear some valley floyd road about haha
    Seemed a wise choice to be honest, didn't want to die in the sun, hahaha. Well I'm in the 12-13 away kit (yes , I'm going in black) so keep a keen eye for each other. Think I might be rocking out the Johnnie Jackson chant as if its going out of fashion
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

Get one made @barmyflags.com

Doesn't @northstandsteve make flags? Sure he done some for role the other year.
    Yes, he's http://www.winstonsports.co.uk/

And did some quality England/Charlton flags for the Euros and World cup.
  • Thanks guys, sent off an email for a quote. If the flag can last the summer, might even bring it to The Valley with me and represent my passion at Uni
  • Does anyone else think flags should be banned at festivals!? Bloody annoying if ur stuck behind 100 of them and can't see the stage!!!
  • Joshuk87 said:

Does anyone else think flags should be banned at festivals!? Bloody annoying if ur stuck behind 100 of them and can't see the stage!!!

Ditto people sitting on the shoulders of people.

• Joshuk87 said:

Does anyone else think flags should be banned at festivals!? Bloody annoying if ur stuck behind 100 of them and can't see the stage!!!

Just my opinion, of course. But aren't people who take flags on socking great poles to festivals a bit like people who spend a whole football match taking photographs? And I don't mean press photographers...:-)
  • Joshuk87 said:

They're banned at Reading Festival
  • Joshuk87 said:

They're banned at Reading Festival
    Think they should full stop. Can't see anyreason for them.
  • Joshuk87 said:

Joshuk87 said:

The stupid bitches on their blokes shoulders lose their right not to be coined or have bottles of piss thrown at them.
  • Joshuk87 said:

Unless they're fit birds
  • Joshuk87 said:

Unless they're fit birds
    There should be exceptions to every rule.