Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The old CAFC site...

Comments

• Options
    Agree with that !
  • Options
    That just brings back unpleasant memories of the Johnstone's Paints Trophy.
  • Options
    Yep, far easier. And there wasn't an annoying advert to navigate around every single time you went to the site.
  • Options
    Shame the Courage Best didn't stay aswell!
  • Options
    I'm sure many of us here on CL contributed to "YOUR VIEWS"
  • Options
    Also I have occassionly used it for research purposes.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

That just brings back unpleasant memories of the Johnstone's Paints Trophy.

Was at the shootout loss to Brentford, think were as many Charlton fans as Brentford that night...

• Options
    check out the "your views" part of the website. Mega cringe.
  • Options
    Weirdest thing is reading Jenkinson made his debut for eastbourne boro. since that change he's become argubly arsenals best right back.
  • Options
    Haha "Racon-stone's Paint Trophy" oh dear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really miss the old site
  • Options
    The new site is shite by comparison. Same as the yellow BBC Sport Football site - clearly no improvement on what they had previously.
  • Options
    I think the current official site is quite well written, but what bothers me is the resounding silence from Slater and Jimenez. You'd think they might make a statement to the fans occasionally, a progress report; how about a piece from them detailing how the new FFP rules will affect the club? A little warmth from them towards us would be very welcome....
  • Options

I think the current official site is quite well written, but what bothers me is the resounding silence from Slater and Jimenez. You'd think they might make a statement to the fans occasionally, a progress report; how about a piece from them detailing how the new FFP rules will affect the club? A little warmth from them towards us would be very welcome....

Didn't Slater write an artifice last season about an away trip he went on supporting Man City ? Yep, we definitely want more of that !
  • Options
    Like it - artifice for article! Why don't they realise a bit of contact with us would be good PR? Or are they so shifty and shadowy that they prefer to lurk in the dark?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I still don't bother with the web site now although I do like the way CAFC player is linked with all the other clubs .
  • Options
    Yep. Pretty bad now. Can't even bring myself to go on there. Shame.
  • Options
    Rarely look at the new site, the old one was so much better.

Prefer Charlton Life to catch up on club information.
  • Options
    mickc said:

Same
  • Options

mickc said:

Same
    I suspect that this applies to most of us now?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The old site was far nicer, the current shared site is slow and clonky, and the font we've used is spidery too.

And yes, it cost money to run our old website, and the new site should make us money, but the amounts are small beer really, when you consider the playing staff budget, so it was a real shame.
  • Options
    Just reading about Alex Stavrinou, Tamer Tuna and Ben Davisson...wow
  • Options
    A posting on the official site this morning is headed 'Move Live Jagger in SE7'. Shouldn't that be 'Move Like Jagger...'? Typographical errors and tribute bands aside, shouldn't the official site carry some answers to our burning questions about the team and the club?
  • Options
    Today's posting about BWP's departure on the official site includes a reminder about the Welling game, which is being played at "Stonebridge Road". Let's hope no-one makes the trip to Ebbsfleet tomorrow. Shurely shome mishtake.
  • Options
    fattmatt said:
    Isnt 7th a Europa League position these days?